Model Institute of Engineering and Technology is a part of MIER Group of Institutions, the oldest private education enterprise in the state of J&K. The mission of MIET is to prepare specialists, technical and professionals in the field of engineering and other professional areas by providing multi-mode instructional facilities.
Facts and Figures of Model Institute of Engineering and Technology:
Maj. Gen. S.K.Sharma
Institute affiliated to
How to reach?
Location: 9 Km from City Bus stand along old Akhnoor Road.
Nearest Railway Station: Jammu Tawi Railway Station (13 Km).
Why to Join Model Institute of Engineering and Technology?
- Infrastructure- The fully Wi-Fi College is spread over an area of more than 25 acres of land endowed with gentle slopes giving the college an elevated look. The Labs are state-of the art and a Student Centre offering student-centric facilities along with a hostel block and guest house complex are also being planned in the future.
- Facilities– MIET provides transport facility to all major areas of Jammu city. A huge playground provides facilities for games namely tennis, badminton, volley ball, cricket, etc. A common–room is equipped for indoor games. Printing, photocopying and binding facilities are present within the Campus.
- Placement- The Placement Division of MIET has been actively holding campus recruitments for the last 4 years apart from providing training to students in various firms to make them industry ready. The Major Companies visiting the campus include WIPRO, TCS, HP, HCL, ITC and Vodafone, among others.
- Activities- The institute also encourages students to participate in co-curricular activities like SAMMILAN- J&K’s largest Techno-Cultural Festival, NSS Camps, Adventure Camps, etc.
- Distinctive Initiatives- The College has signed a MoU with University of Missouri-Kansas City enabling students to pursue higher studies at the University with provision of scholarship. The Institute is a founding member of IETE Student’s Chapter, which is one of the most reputed and prestigious professional associations in the country for professionals in the electronics and communication domain.
- Skill enhancement centers-The College has various centers set up in its premises aiming at increasing the employability of the students including IBM Software Centre of Excellence, CISCO-Networking Academy, EMC Academy, Advanced Software-Engineering Laboratory, IIPC Cell and Entrepreneurship-Development Cell, among others.