Moradabad Institute of Technology (MIT) is a self-financing privately managed engineering institute located in Moradabad district of Uttar Pradesh. It was established in 1996 by Moradabad Educational Trust (MET). It was one of the first four-degree engineering colleges established in U.P. under the Self Financing Scheme of Govt. of India. It is affiliated with Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical university formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow
- MIT initially offered three undergraduate engineering programs having an annual intake of 160. Currently, it offers seven undergraduate, two postgraduate programs in engineering and MBA. The total intake now is 996 students per annum
- All the courses are approved by AICTE, New Delhi and five among seven B.Tech programs are accredited by NBA.
- Institute campus spread out in 13.012 Acres is located in Ram Ganga Vihar in a pollution free area and having a built-up area of 38495 sq. meters
- MIT is one of the leading and the oldest engineering college of UPTU and ranks at a very high position among UPTU engineering institutions.
- MIT provides excellent placement facility to the students. The alumni of the Institute are working worldwide in leading industries and MNCs.
Departments: There are following academic departments in the college-
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Business Administration
- Applied Science and Humanities
Placement: College provides very good campus placement to the students. Following is the record of 2011-15 batch till now-
No. of students placed
Extracurricular: MIT has various student clubs and societies which are indulged in organizing many extracurricular and co-curricular activities. Some of them are-
- Cultural Society- It was established in 2002. It organizes the annual cultural festival and several other cultural activities. Students of cultural society achieve top rankings by participating in All India Youth Festival –THOMSO in IIT Roorkee every year.
- Hobbies Club- It organizes events like Rangoli, faces paintings, Poetry, Hastasazza, Laughter challenge, Fun games etc.
- MITSA- MIT Sports Association organizes Sports Festival every year.
- Personality Development Classes- These classes are conducted in association with Advait Life Education (P) Ltd., Noida for every student.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Facilities: MIT is providing its students some best of the facilities that are requisite for an engineering student. Some of them are detailed below-
- Library: MIT Central library is one of the central support services of the institute. The library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of CD-ROM, Online databases, audio video cassettes, books, journals, theses and reports etc. Following is the department-wise details of library collections-
Computer Science & Engineering
420 online International Journals
are available through following packages:-
Electronics & Communication Engg.
Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.
EE & EN Engg.
Science & Humanities
- Auditorium: MIT has an auditorium with seating capacity of 350 and equipped with all modern facilities caters for conferences, lectures, and seminars etc.
- Seminar Hall- It has the seating capacity of 150 people equipped with LCD, OHP Projector, PA System, TV, and DVD player to facilitate the conduct of seminars and audio-visual sessions.
- Multimedia Videoconferencing Room
- Utkarsh- It is the annual cultural festival of the college. It is organized in March every year.
- Sports Festival- It is organized by sports association of college in February every year.
Awards: MIT has been awarded as Outstanding Institute in the Northern Region for the session 2012-13 byNational Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh
- Govt. of UP provides Fee to eligible SC&ST candidates for their study. The Institute provides all the facilities to students in getting these benefits from Govt. of U.P
- Govt. of U.P. Provides Rs. 25000/- scholarship to poor boys (B.C. and General Category) whose father’s income is less than Rs. 1.0 lakh p.a.
- The Institute has a poor student’s fund in which needy students are helped in the form of scholarship or reduction of fee.
- There is a scheme of Govt. of India to provide free education to meritorious and poor students under Free Waiver (FW) scheme. MIT has provided 10% students of its intake capacity under this scheme.