National Institute of Science and Technology - [NIST] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
NIST Quick Update
July 3: Correction facility for candidates of Special OJEE 2020 (B.Tech course) will start from July 3 till July 7. Check Here
June 9: OJEE Correction Window is open for form A, B, C, D and E till June 12. Correct Here
June 1: Registration Deadline for OJEE 2020 has been extended till June 15 for B.Tech courses and June 7 for other courses. Check Here
The National Institute of Science & Technology (NIST) was established in the year 1996. Within a few years the reputation of the Institute spread far and it admitted students only from the top 20% of the Orissa Joint Entrance Examinations & All India Entrance Examinations.
- NIST has been ranked #28 in India by DataQuest - CMRSurvey Report 2013-2014.
- NIST has bagged with the prestigious eINDIA 2013 Award at an event held in Hyderabad on July, 23 under the category of "Best Teaching Learning Institute".
- NAAC has Accredited NIST with Grade A with a high score of 3.22
- BPUT (Affiliating University) Students has ranked NIST as No.1 Enginerring Institute among 100+ engineering institutes of Odisha through public voting.
- NIST has once again proved its credentials in bagging the "Best Technical Institute in R & D Activities" in the State of Odisha. The Award was received by NIST at a glittering ceremony in Jaydev Bhavan, Bhubaneswar on the eve of Engineers' Day-2013.
- Not a single seat has been vacant in the last 17 years. Within a short span of 17 years, it has produced 4 BOYSCAST faculty scholars who have been funded by Government of India to pursue postgraduate research in the top Institutes in USA and Germany.
- NIST has produced 3 Fulbright Scholars. Three of its faculty has won the Samant Chandrasekhar Young Scientist Award given by the Government of Orissa.
- The faculties of the Institute have published more than 250 journal papers in refereed journals and are authors of about 24 books published by reputed publishing houses. The Institute also has its own publishing house "NIST Press". The Institute has received a number of grants, projects, special funding, travel funding, SDPs, FIST grant, scholarships, etc., from the DST, CSIR, AICTE, IT companies, etc.
R & D:-
TIFAC-CORE:Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) is an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology (DST). Under the broad umbrella of Technology Vision -2020, It has launched an ambitious mission called REACH (Relevance and Excellence in achieving new heights in educational institutions).
R & D Projects Undertaken:
Sensors for mining & minerals industry , Grant of Rs. 3,80,000 from Department of Science & Technology (Govt. of India), New Delhi for Workshop on Sensors for Mining & Minerals Industry, November 19.30. 2007.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell, Grant of Rs. 50 lakh from Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, to set up an EDC.
Microwave Communication and VLSI, Research grant of Rs. 51 Lakh from Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, under FIST program to set up research laboratory in the area of microwave communication and VLSI.
Engineering Placement Record of Batch (2010-2014):
Management Placement Records
Royal Bank of Scotland
Royal Bank of Scotland
Axis Bank Pvt. Ltd.
Keeves Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Lakshmi Motorcycles & Allied Pvt. Ltd
Lakshmi Motorcycles & Allied Pvt. Ltd.
Acumen Consultancy Services
Cognizant Technology Solutions
ZEST Group Impulse
- NIST is the child of serenity. It's a mini nature carved from Mother Nature that laps it. Our sprawling campus spread across 60 acres of land at the feet of Palur Hills, just half-an-hour drive from the historical city of Berhampur, is inch-by-inch eco-friendly.
- Lecture Hall Complex (LHC) is a five-floored building of over 60,000 sq.ft.
- Galleria is a four-storied architectural marvel of over 100,000 sq.ft. It is one of our new additions. Galleria is one of its kind with 12 lecture halls and a 250-seat auditorium.
- Octagon is a multistoried, multipurpose masterpiece.
- Atrium is the latest addition to our building infrastructure. This building houses the maximum number of classrooms in the campus amounting to 25, 11 laboratories including the Chemistry, Physics, Engineering drawing, C-lab, Language lab, etc., and 13 faculty rooms.
Technical Activities at NIST:
Sankalp-2013: Itis a national-level technical symposium organized by the National Institute of Science and Technology, Berhampur, with an aim to nurture the technical expertise and skills among youngsters.Events Organized in SANKALP:
- Paripath (Ideo Hardware Design Contest
- Singhra Sancharan (On-Spot Circuit Designing)
- Gyanshastra (Ethical Hacking)
- Akshya (Model Presentation) which is a “Battle of Mettle”, Exhibition of working/feasible models based on renewable sources of energy
- Nakshatra (Riddle-Solving In Astronomy) which showcases the talent of the AstroWiz kids through AstroQuest.
- Chitrayaan (Poster Presentation)
- Waves at NIST: The celebrations started with a series of sports events which included a number of outdoor games like Marathon Race,Lawn Tennis, Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Swimming, etc.
- 11th Anniversary Celebration e_news: The National Institute of Science and Technology celebrated the 11th Anniversary of its monthly newsletter, NIST e_news, on April 05, 2013 at its premises.
- Independence Day and Republic Day celebration:This time the Institute celebrated the 64th Independence Day in a noble way by organizing an awareness campaign on 'Child Labor' in the city of Berhampur.
Club Activities at NIST:
- Movie Making Competition:Club EUREKA organised a Movie Making Competition for the students of NIST few days back. The theme of the competition was 'NIST College Life.'
- Summer Robotics Workshop 2013: The club has been organising this workshop successfully for the past eight years, where top five students from all the schools in and around Berhampur are invited. The students learn the basics of Robotics and Its Application. JUNK Robotics, Manual Robotics. LEGO Robotics, Electronics and Automatic Robotics Concepts are made clear to the students in the workshop.
- EyeBotics: This workshop focused on Image processing in Matlab Image Acquisition, Image Manipulation in MATLAB, Integrating Image Processing Code in Real Time, Ball Following Robot, and Object Tracking Robot.
- Astronomy Week
- Sand Art Competetion
Technical Clubs at NIST
- Bioinformatics Club
- Electronics Club
- Excel - the Programming Club
- Multimedia Club
- Entrepreneurship Club
- Robotics Club
- Linux Club
- Renewable Energy Club
Cultural Clubs at NIST
- NIST Musical Society
- Spic Macay
Health and Sports Clubs at NIST
- Yoga Club
- Fitness Club
- Swimming Club
Achievements and Ranking:-
- NAAC Accreditation:The Grade ‘A’ accreditation bestowed upon NIST by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of India (UGC) with the highest rating of 3.22 among all engineering colleges of Odisha.
- Outlook Ranks NIST 65th in India:NIST has been ranked 65th among the top 75 engineering colleges of India by Outlook India (July 2014)
- Dataquest Ranks NIST 28th in India: NIST has been ranked 28th among all engineering colleges in India by Dataquest (2013-2014). BPUT students have also ranked NIST as the No.1 Engineering College of Odisha.
- eINDIA Award bestowed on NIST:The Berhampur based National Institute of Science & Technology (NIST) has been honoured with the prestigious eINDIA 2013 Award at an event held in Hyderabad on July, 23.
Best R&D Institute of Odisha:NIST has once again proved its credentials in bagging the "Best R&D Institute of Odisha".
NIST awarded at eOdisha Summit:National Institute of Science and Technology, Berhampur, adds another prestigious feather to its cap. The Institute bagged the ICT enabled Higher Education Institute award at the first Mega IT event, "eOdisha Summit, 2013" hosted by the Department of Information Technology, Government of Odisha, in association with Elets Technomedia.
- Economic Hardship Scholarship: This scholarship is given annually to 30 students of B.Tech, 3 Students of MCA and 2 Students of MBA . The amount of Scholarship is Rs. 18000/- per year.
- Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme: Rs.4.5 Lacs are given full tuition fee waiver.
- Book Grant Scholarship: . This scholarship is given to 25 students of B.Tech, 3 students of MCA and 2 students from MBA per Semester. The amount of Scholarship is Rs.2500/- per semester.
- Shiv Shankar Bisoi Scholarship: the amount of Scholarship is Rs.15000/-.
- Travel Grant Scholarship
- Research Assistantship Scholarship
- M. Tech Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship