Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology (PSIT), Kanpur was established in 2004. PSIT believes in a holistic education that promotes its students to excel in all spheres. As only the best can cultivate the best that is why every year maximum toppers in the UPTU are PSITians. College is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow (APJAKTU), Lucknow.
Read More:PSIT Kanpur Admissions
PSIT Kanpur Courses
PSIT is generally confined to courses namely B.Tech, D.Pharma, B.Pharm, BBA, BCA, BALLB, Polytechnic Diploma, MCA, MBA, M.Tech and M.Pharm
- Various UG courses offered at PSIT are BBA, BCA, B.Pharm & BALLB ( 5 Years Honours) To get admitted to any of these courses, candidates must have obtained 60% in Class 10th and 10+2 with mandatory subjects.
- The institute offers B.Tech in 6 specializations. To be eligible, the candidates must have done Class 10th & 10+2 from a recognized board attaining 60% and above with mandatory subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Out of the total B. Tech admissions, 85% of admissions are done through UPSEE counseling based on the rank of the candidates in JEE and UPSEE score.
PSIT offers the MBA in 5 specializations, M.Pharm in 3 specializations along with an MCA program at the PG level.
- For PG admissions, the candidates must have completed Graduation in the corresponding field with a minimum of 60 percentile. MBA Admissions are based on the rank of the candidate in UPSEE MBA test followed by GD and PI.
- PSIT offers M.Tech in only two Specialization and admissions is based on the rank obtained by the candidate in UPSEE/GATE.
- For M.Tech degree from PSIT, Kanpur the candidate must hold B.Tech/B.E degree from any government or private institute affiliated to AICTE. The candidate must have obtained minimum 60% in B.Tech/B.E.
Read more: PSIT Kanpur courses and Fees
PSIT Kanpur Placements
PSIT works on the all-round development of its students by engaging them in various training programs throughout their tenure in Technical Training. Students go through technical and corporate training throughout the curriculum. PSIT 'Placement Training', essentially, focuses on the following identified thrust areas:
- Linguistic Aptitude Quantitative Aptitude
- Trends in IT-based industry, Verbal Ability
- Coding techniques and regular Logical Reasoning Verbal Reasoning Non-Verbal Reasoning
- 1300+ placement offers
- 6 students are selected as Power Programmer and offered 8 LPA
- 13 students are selected as Systems Engineer Specialist and offered 5 LPA
- 303 students are selected system Engineer and offered 3.6 LPA
Top 5 Highest Package Placement Offers (2019)
Indian Armed Forces
Unite Health Group
Students selected by Companies
No. of students selected
Reliance Brands Ltd.
Eastern Software Systems
Read more: PSIT Kanpur Placements
PSIT Kanpur Rankings
- PSIT has been awarded Ranks in different sectors by The Times of India Engineering Institute 2019 Survey:
- 8th among all IITs Govt. & Private Engineering Institutes across North India
- 13th Rank in Placements among all Private Engineering Institutes across India
- 14th Rank in Research capability among all IITs, Govt. & Private Engineering Institutes across India
- 28th Rank among all Private Engineering Institutes across India
- 39th Rank among all IITs Govt. & Private Engineering Institutes across North India
- PSIT Kanpur has received below ranking in Performance Analysis Report (Final year) in the year 2016-17 by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow:
- PSIT has been ranked 65th among top private T-Schools across India by DATAQUEST in the year 2018.
PSIT Kanpur Scholarships
PSIT Kanpur offers scholarships to meritorious students in the courses such as B.Tech, B.Pharm, MCA, MBA, M.TEch and M.Pharm. Read more:PSIT Kanpur Scholarships