The RCC Institute of Information Technology [RCCIIT], established in 1999, is an institute of technology located in Kolkata, West Bengal. The Institute affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology in West Bengal is the result of a collaborative venture between the Ministry of IT, Govt of India, and the Department of Higher Education, Govt of West Bengal.
RCCIIT Kolkata has partnered with many reputed Foreign as well as Indian Universities like North Dakota State University (USA), University of Regina (Canada), College of Medicine Swansea University (UK), University of Illinois, Chicago (USA), University of Buffalo (USA), Texas Tech University, different IITs (Kharagpur, Kanpur, Roorkee, Guwahati), IIM (Kozhikode), IIEST, ISM, Jadavpur University, etc.
The RCC Institute of Information Technology [RCCIIT], Kolkata offers B.Tech programs at the UG level in various disciplines and PG programs in M.Tech as well as MCA. The admission to B.Tech and M.Tech are entrance-based. However, admission to MCA is merit-based.
The Institute is part of the Technical Education Quality Improvement programme to improve teaching, training and learning facilities. The Institute also provides short term digital marketing course, and entrepreneurship development programmes sponsored by AICTE and TEQIP/RCCIIT.
RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata Highlights
|Name of the College||RCC Institute of Information Technology [RCCIIT], Kolkata|
|Established | Institute Type||1999 | Government|
|Affiliating University||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance-Based | Merit-Based|
|Entrance Exam||WBJEE, JEE-Main, PGET|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA|
|Facilities||Laboratories, Sports, Library, Digital Library, Medical|
RCCIIT Kolkata Courses
The courses offered by the Institute are explained below in the tabular form.
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Passed in 10+2/Intermediate exams with science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) from a recognized board of education
Seats: 108 seats each (CSE/ECE/IT) and 54 seats each (EE, AEIE)
Specialization: Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduation with a certain percentage of marks in the concerned discipline from a recognized University
Seats: 16 seats in each specialization
Specialization: Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Telecommunication Engineering
|MCA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduate in any discipline or BE/B.Tech/BCA with mathematics as one of the subjects and not less than 50 percent marks from a recognized University
For Lateral Entry, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in BCA/B.Sc. (IT/Computer Science) with mathematics and 50 percent marks
Read More: RCCIIT Courses & Fee
RCCIIT Kolkata Admissions
The admission to the B.Tech program based on a valid rank or score in WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) or JEE (Main) examination, respectively.
For M.Tech, the candidate should have got a valid score and rank in PGET (Post Graduate Entrance Test) conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal or GATE exam, respectively.
For MCA, admission is on a merit basis.
The application forms are available online.
How to Apply?
The candidates who have fulfilled the selection criteria can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Applicants need to fill online admission forms available at the RCCIIT Kolkata website.
- A scanned copy of the necessary documents needs to be submitted in a CD/DVD and also emailed at the institute email id.
- Institute doesn’t accept USB devices for submission of scanned documents.
- Candidates must bring the original as well as the scan copy of the documents at the time of admission.
Read More: RCCIIT Admission
RCCIIT Kolkata Placements
The RCCIIT Kolkata has a well-organized placement cell that organizes an extensive training program for the students. It conducts grooming, communications, and soft skills training programs to enhance the performance and confidence of students during interviews. The institute coordinates with prospective recruiters for campus and off-campus interviews. It also hosts pool campus interviews conducted by reputed companies.
Some of the college's top recruiters are Tata Consultancy Services, IBM India, Ericsson, Cognizant, Accenture, Tech Mahindra, Capgemini, NIIT, HCL Technologies, Amazon and Infosys. The details regarding the placements for the 2019 batch highlighted below.
|Sectors||No. of Students Placed||Top Recruiters|
|IT||Tata Consultancy Services (Ninja)||57|
|IT||Wipro-Elite National Talent||15|
|IT Solutions||L & T Infotech||9|
|Digital Learning Solutions||Extramarks||9|
|Telecom Infrastructure||Technocon Services||6|
|Business & Technology Solutions||IBM India||5|
|Technology Solutions||Softlink International||3|
Read More: RCCIIT Placement
RCCIIT Kolkata Scholarships
The state, as well as central government scholarships, is available for SC/ST candidates. The meritorious students can avail Freeship or grants from institution funds or private bodies or state/central government. The GATE qualified candidates are entitled to the scholarship from the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Read More: RCCIIT Scholarships
RCCIIT Kolkata Facilities
The RCCIIT Kolkata offers various facilities to cater to the needs of the students, staff, and faculty members. Some of these are as follows:
- Library: The institute library has a rich collection of textbooks, reference books, periodicals, journals, and magazines. There are approximately 33100 volumes, 5000 books, 4720 titles, online journals, and 500 plus CD/DVD collection. The students have access to the Book Bank facility. It also keeps lab manuals and tutorial books for UG and PG students.
- Journals: There are three types of Journals available in the Institute library. The Print journals include books and other printed materials and magazines issued to students, staff, and faculty. The online journals can access scholarly articles through ACM, IEEE, and Elsevier Science Direct. Apart from paid, free journals are also available.
- Digital Library: The Institute allows students to access ACM Digital Library, J-Gate, and British Council Library. The online database through the digital library gives access to more than 85,000 e-books and 7,000 e-journals. The free database is accessed through NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning), e-Pathshala, INFLIBNET search, World Bank Open e-data, and OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue).
- Medical Facility: The Institute has hired a medical officer and physician. The ambulance service is also available. There is a sick room in the campus for emergency medical care.
- Sports: The Institute organizes Cricket, Carrom, and Football tournaments/ competitions at the university level.
- Laboratories: The Institute has well-equipped laboratories to cater to the needs of all the students from various departments. The Labs have a projector, fire safety facility, high-speed optic internet facility, and equipment to conduct lab works, projects, and research works. There is also a computer lab with 30 desktop PCs.
RCCIIT Kolkata Faculty
The Institute has a total of 79 highly qualified teaching faculties, out of which 24 hold Ph.D. degrees. Each department is under the dean/director and other faculties are working at the following position:
- Professor: 4
- Associate Professor: 13
- Assistant Professor: 62
Read More: RCCIIT Faculty
Ques. Does the Institute offer a hostel facility?
Ques. How is the placement in RCCIIT Kolkata?
Ques. How is the curriculum of technical programmes at RCCIIT Kolkata?
Ques. What is the standard of research in RCCIIT Kolkata?