RNS Institute of Technology (RNSIT), situated in Bangalore in Karnataka was established in 2001. The institute is AICTE approved, NBA accredited and affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. RNSIT, Bangalore offers courses across 4 streams namely Engineering, IT, Management and Science and across 6 degrees like B.Tech, M.Tech, MSc, Ph.D, MCA. RNSIT is among the top 10 engineering colleges in Karnataka. Some of the top recruiters of 2019 were Amazon, DeltaX, Texas Instrument and Hashedin Technologies.
RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2001 | Private|
|Accredited by||NBA | NAAC with ‘A’ Grade|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Entrance Exams||KCET/ COMEDK UGET/ GATE/ PGCET/ KMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ GMAT|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG and Research Level|
|Popular Courses||BE/ B.Tech , MBA/ PGDM|
|Admission criteria||Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, DeltaX, Texas, Accenture|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Gym, Cafeteria, Banks, Guest Room|
|Official Website||RNSIT Bangalore|
RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore Courses
RNSIT provides UG, PG and Ph.D courses. Below mentioned are the course details:
|BE||Civil Engineering||4 years||10+2||KCET/ COMEDK/ JEE Mains|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Information Science & Engineering|
|Electrical And Electronics Engineering|
|Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning|
|M.Tech||Computer Science Engineering||2 years||BE/B.Tech||GATE/ Karnataka PGCET
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (VLSI)|
|MBA||Finance||Graduation in a relevant stream||PGCET|
|HR & Marketing|
|Finance & Marketing|
In addition to the above mentioned courses, the institute also has R&D departments, namely, ECE, CSE, EIE, MECH, Civil, MBA, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics under which many research programs are run.
Read more: RNSIT Courses & Fees
RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore Admissions
- For BE courses, admission is based on the marks scored in Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET), COMEDK UGET or JEE Mains.
- For M.Tech, admission is based on marks scored in GATE or PGCET.
- Admissions to MBA are granted on the basis of KMAT/ CAT/ PGCET or equivalent.
- Admission for M.Sc and MCA are granted on the basis of PGCET.
- Ph.D. programs are also offered through the entrance exam conducted by KEA.
How to Apply for UG Courses?
- Candidates seeking admission in RNSIT should have qualified the eligibility criteria set by the institution.
- Further, the candidate should have to appear for either of the KCET/COMED-K entrance examinations.
- After the scores and rank list has been published, candidates have to participate in a centralised counselling process for choice filling and seat allotment.
- Candidates have to register and apply online on the college website.
- Final admission will be offered to students based on the choice filling, document verification and fee payment during the counselling process.
How to Apply for PG Courses?
- Candidates will have to apply and appear for the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET). GATE scores are also accepted by RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Further, candidates who have qualified the entrance exam have to participate in the counselling process for choice filling and seat allotment.
- Final admission will be offered to students based on the merit, choice filling, document verification and fee payment during the counselling process.
- The candidates can also attain the admission into the institution by the institute management quota, if any seats remain unallocated.
Read more: RNSIT Admissions
Below mentioned is the KCET cutoff for the year 2018 for BE courses.
|BE Computer Science and Engineering||4327||31501||12608||7322|
|BE Electronics & Communication Engineering||7017||47329||20989||11867|
|BE Information Science & Engineering||6526||47272||21758||10697|
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||14292||51375||-||23766|
|BE Civil Engineering||21410||42765||37820||32011|
|BE Instrumentation Engineering||19507||130437||-||37610|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||23030||82325||53151||34708|
Read More: RNSIT Cutoff
RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore Placements
The Training and Placement Cell enhances the employability of the students by conducting specialized training in mathematical ability, aptitude skills, analytical skills, language skills, technical skills in addition to, online placement mock test, which are key skill sets over and above the academic credentials. The recruitment training is conducted by professionals from in-house resources as well as professional trainers from the corporate world. The training sessions are scheduled during the semester breaks in addition to crash courses during the start of the campus placement season. The centre also houses independent interview rooms as well as group discussion rooms for the visiting panel / HR Managers of the corporate world. Some of the top campus recruiters are Wipro, Infosys, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, Bosch, Atos Origin, Accenture, Byju's etc. The highlights of the placement cell are:
- Every year more than 95+ top and well-established organizations across the country / abroad from all sectors visit the campus for recruitment.
- Most of the top companies across the nation, visit for Campus Recruitment. The institute has enhanced the number of offers by 15% year on year.
- Students are given a choice of opting for 3 job opportunities: Mass recruiting, Core company and Higher Package Company.
- MOU signed with industries such as STUDSAT - with ISRO and VTU Institutions, Co-Cubes- College Platform for Placement Practice Test, Aspiring Minds Student Evaluation System, Infosys & Tech Mahindra Campus Connect, IBM Academic Initiative & Certification program in Java, Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance, Quantech Origin & Seventh Sense for Non-Technical training.
- Guest lectures and special invitee lectures are organized for all the branches of students from industry experts.
- Internship opportunities provided for UG & PG students by various companies every year
- On-Campus Placements: 1500+
- Recruiting Partners: 200+
- A total percentage of placement: 83
- The average salary offered: 4 LPA
|Year||Number of Companies||Number of Offers||Actual Eligibility||Salary Range Per Annum|
|2019-2020||34 (Ongoing)||128 (Ongoing)||85||3.5 LPA-8 LPA(Ongoing)|
|2018-2019||58||108||84||3.5 LPA-8 LPA|
|2017-2018||64||104||81||3.5 LPA-12 LPA|
|2016-2017||63||102||82||3 LPA-7.5 LPA|
Read more: RNSIT Placements
RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore Facilities
- Hostel: The institute has presently two Boys and one Girls Hostel. These hostels accommodate around 530 boys and 300 girls. Yoga and Meditation classes are held for both boys and girls in the early morning. Strict discipline is maintained in the hostels. There is a well-equipped guest room for parents and guests in the hostel premises.
- Library: RNSIT Library is an automated Library. Books are Bar Coded and students are issued an identity card to transact with the library facilities. The library has been subscribed to the E-Resources Online through VTU consortium to support library user's project works, technical reports, and R&D works. It has a collection of over 26,341 volumes, 80 Journals, 18 Magazines and 11 Newspapers.
- Banking Facility: There is an extension Counter of Canara Bank in the college premises for providing banking facilities to the Students and Staff members which functions six days a week.
- Canteen: The institute has a Canteen inside the campus in which both South Indian and North Indian dishes are available at reasonable rates. The canteen remains open on all working days.
- Gym: RNSIT has its on-Campus gymnasium to provide fitness for the students and staff. This facility is available for both boys and girls with different Timings.
Read more: RNSIT Facilities
RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore FAQs
Ques. How to reach RNSIT?
Ans. RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore is located at Dr Vishnuvardhan Road Post, Channasandra, RR Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka. It is about 47 km away from the Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru, and about 13 km away from the Bengaluru City Junction Railway Station. Rajarajeshwari Nagar BMTC Bus Depot is about one km from the institute.
Ques. I want to do M.Tech from RNSIT Bangalore How can I apply?
Ans. Candidates have to appear for state-level entrance test PGCET or national level entrance test GATE. Candidates are required to score minimum eligible scores for the selection process. Once you clear the merit list, you will be contacted for further counseling process.
Ques. What is the total fee of the BE Course at RNSIT Bangalore? How many seats are there for BE Electronics & Instrumentation?
Ans. The total fee of B.E Course INR 8.35 Lakhs. This includes a tuition fee of INR 2,01,960 each year and another fee of INR 26,800. There are a total 60 seats for B.E Electronics & Instrumentation.
Ques. What are the specializations offered under the BE program in RNSIT?
Ans. RNSIT offers a total of 8 specializations in BE course. Among the 8 specializations, the institute has started offering BE in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning as a new course. Other specializations offered are Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering.
Ques. Why should I choose an MBA at RNSIT?
Ans. The key benefits of choosing an MBA at RNSIT is as follows:
- Industry Ready MBA program: Extensive Industry Interaction.
- Delivery by accomplished faculty with deep business expertise.
- Network of 200+ companies for placement and internships.
- Greater ROI.
- Scholarship for meritorious students.
- Located at the center of Bangaluru City.