Raghu Engineering College - [REC], located in Visakhapatnam is a private institute established in the year 2001. REC received autonomous status by UGC and is affiliated with the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. REC is approved by AICTE and accredited by NAAC by ‘A’ grade and NBA. The college is known for its UG and PG courses in engineering stream. The campus is situated about 35 km away from Visakhapatnam and 15 km. away from Vizianagaram border on national highway 43.
Admissions to B.Tech courses are based on the candidate's performance in the entrance exam EAMCET.
Admissions to M.Tech courses also depend upon GATE scores.
Raghu Engineering College Visakhapatnam Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2001 | Private|
|Entrance Exams||AP EAMCET, GATE|
|Courses Offered||2 courses across 1 stream|
|Popular Courses||B.TECH, M.TECH|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, Virtusa, Tech Mahindra, Mindtree, IBM, Polaris, Wipro|
|Campus Area||50 Acres|
|Facilities||Library, Hostel, Laboratories, Sports Complex|
Raghu Engineering College Visakhapatnam Ranking/Achievements
- REC was ranked as 63rd among top 100 private engineering colleges in India by Higher Education Review Magazine. It was recognised as 14th among top 32 encouraging engineering colleges in India by GHRD.
- REC also achieved 92nd among top 100 private engineering colleges in India by THE WEEK Magazine.
- REC gained the highest grade "A" among engineering colleges by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Ranked 14th among 330+ private engineering colleges in the state.
Raghu Engineering College Visakhapatnam Courses
Below mentioned are the courses along with their details provided by the college.
|Course||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria||Seats Intake|
|B.Tech||Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Passed Intermediate (10 + 2) with PCM with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved categories.)||EAMCET||300|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)||240|
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||180|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)||180|
|Civil Engineering (Civil)||60|
|M.Tech||CAD / CAM||Candidates must have a minimum B.E / B.Tech Degree or its equivalent from AICTE approved Institutions with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate along with 2 years of experience.||GATE score/ PGECET Rank Sponsored||18|
|Computer Science Engineering||18|
Read More: Raghu Engineering College Courses and Fees
Raghu Engineering College Visakhapatnam Admissions
Admission processes for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by Raghu Engineering College are as follows:
For B.Tech Programmes:
- For admission in the undergraduate programs, the candidates initially need to appear for EAMCET, conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University.
- Eligible candidates have to apply online on the official website of the engineering college and submit the application form along with the necessary documents.
For M.Tech Programmes:
- For admission in the postgraduate programs, the candidates have to appear for AP PGECET.
- Candidates with a valid GATE score are also eligible to apply.
- Selection of the candidates will be made based on candidates marks in GATE/AP PGECET and choice made by the candidates during the counseling session.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official college website for online applications.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link available on the website homepage.
- Fill in all the mandatory details asked correctly.
- After submission of application form, a web page with registration fee payment procedure will appear on the screen.
- Payment of fee can be done through Credit/Debit card.
Read More: Raghu Engineering College Admissions
AP EAMCET Exam Cutoff
|CATEGORY||2018 CUT-OFF BY RANK||2019 CUT-OFF BY RANK|
|Economically Weaker Section||-||49934|
Read More: Raghu Engineering College EAMCET Cutoff
Raghu Engineering College Visakhapatnam Placements
The Training and Placement cell of Raghu Engineering College placements gives personal and career-oriented support to the students. The Placement cell was established in the year 2005 that helped a large number of deserving students to get the opportunity to be placed. The companies that visit here include Infosys, Virtusa, Tech Mahindra, Mindtree, IBM, Polaris, Wipro, Accenture, Capgemini, Juspay, and many more. This year Amazon had 05 selections, TCS with 66 selections, Infosys with 103 selections, HCL 45 selections, Cognizant 87 selections with various others. The college makes all the efforts for meritorious students employable and welcomes industry-institute interaction.
Read More: Raghu Engineering College Placements
Raghu Engineering College Visakhapatnam Scholarships
REC also provides scholarships to its deserving candidates based on their EAMCET rank. The scholarship criteria is as follows:
|EAMCET RANK||SCHOLARSHIP PER YEAR(INR)|
|Rank ≤ 3000||50,000|
|3000 "<" Rank "≤" 5000||30,000|
|5000 "<" Rank "≤" 10000||20,000|
Read More: Raghu Engineering College Scholarships
Raghu Engineering College Visakhapatnam Facilities
- Library: Raghu Engineering College has an entirely automated central library with an excellent collection of over 35,000 volumes covering the complete gamut of engineering discipline. The college subscribes to numerous reputed national and international journals relevant to the prescribed curriculum and the general technology areas. Digital Library with access to international journals from Springer and IEEE is a great advantage for both students and faculty.
- Hostel: The College provides boys and girls hostel with AC and NON AC accommodation of capacity 600 and 250. The hostel is structured with centrally air-conditioned rooms, dining, and gym. Students are also given 24 hrs wifi access with a transmitter on every floor. The hostel includes RO purified drinking water plant.
- Sports Complex: Available Facilities include Basketball Court, Cricket Ground, Football Ground, Tennis Court, Chess
- Laboratories: Facilities include Civil Engineering Lab, Chemistry Lab, Computer Lab, Electrical Lab, Electronics Lab, Language Lab| Mechanical Lab, Physics Lab, Maker Lab, Production Technology Lab, Machine Tools, CAD Lab, Metallurgy & Material Science Lab, Instrumentation & Control Systems Lab and other necessary laboratories.
- Cafeteria: The canteen is hygienic and it provides food at reasonable rates. A mini shop is also present on campus to provide snacks and soft drinks for the students and the faculty.
Other Facilities include Cafeteria, Hospital / Medical Facilities, Wi-Fi Campus, Shuttle Service, Auditorium, Convenience Store, Air-Conditioned Conference Hall, AC Seminar Hall, ATM.
Read More: Raghu Engineering College Facilities
Raghu Engineering College Visakhapatnam Faculty
The faculty here is very well experienced with 36 Ph.D. HOLDERS. The principal of this college is Dr. R. Kameswara Rao. Sri Raghu Kalidindi is the chairman here. They are highly knowledgeable and have great expertise in teaching. They are supportive and friendly with students while clearing their doubts and make them ready for the industries.
Read More: Raghu Engineering College Faculty
Ques. Is it good to join Raghu Engineering College in Visakhapatnam?
Ans. Yes, it will be good to join Raghu engineering college in Visakhapatnam because this college is a very good location and the faculty in this college is highly experienced, also the overall placements of this college here are great.
Ques. What is the quality policy here?
Ans. Raghu Engineering College believes in ethical values along with innovative teaching through an interactive, activity-based pedagogy; provide the ideal of infrastructural facilities; inculcates engineering temper among the students through the use of the current Information and Communication Technologies; strives for a valuable, responsive and transparent administration in all areas.
Ques. How is the quality of education here?
Ans. The quality of education at Raghu engineering institution gives the alumni an unreachable position as well as never expected kind of valued kind they are in. This college has great infrastructure and good lab & library facilities.
Ques. How is Campus Life at the college?
Ans. Campus life is very interesting with developed day to day variations. You can experience a nice atmosphere all around the campus with a fine valued institution in Andhra Pradesh. The Annual sports meet is organized every year at the college. Students here learn overall development. The campus is very safe and has a good connectivity.
Ques. What about the entrance exam?
Ans. The entrance exam you need to write is EAMCET. The students who have intermediate qualification and good grade points in their tenth and plus two standards are eligible to get admission in the Raghu engineering institute. There are no interviews for the admission process.