The institute started functioning in 1991 and is run by the government of Kerala. With well-qualified teachers and vast infrastructure, it has established itself as a premier institution and became the leading technical institute in Kerala. Candidates need to apply for KEAM and NATA to take admission in B.Tech. and B.Arch programs respectively. GATE score is needed for admission in a postgraduate course, there is a separate entrance test for MCA Course.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology Kottayam Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1991 | Public|
|Entrance Exam||KEAM and NATA, GATE|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG Courses|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, BCA|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Canteen, Auditorium, WiFi|
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology Kottayam Courses
A number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses are offered by RIT Kottayam. Let’s have a look at the courses offered by the institute:
|B.Tech||Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics||Eligibility: Candidates should have completed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks
Duration: 4 years
|M.Tech||Civil , Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics||Eligibility: B.E. / B.Tech. in relevant discipline
Duration: 2 years
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology Kottayam Admission
Admissions for undergraduates are provided to the institute through various entrance tests. Undergraduate courses are provided admission through the NATA or KEAM tests, while the GATE entrance exam is considered for postgraduate admissions.
How to Apply?
- Visit the college website and fill up application forms for the entrance examinations.
- Appear for KEAM or NATA for undergraduate admission.
- For postgraduate admission, appear for the GATE entrance exam.
- Take part in KEAM counseling for admission on the basis of merit rank.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology Kottayam Placements
The college has a placement and careers department. The placement cell looks after building up the soft skills required along with the hard skills learned through the course. The total number of candidates who were offered placements in the ongoing sessions in 2018-19 were 196.
Recruiters who came to campus included Nissan Digital, Litmus7, Dexlock, TCS, QUEST, Oracle, Experian, Carestack, along with many others. The highest package offered during campus interviews is INR 1,720,000 while the average package is around INR 300,000. Throughout 2018 and 2019, Suntech and Tata Project Limited have been the highest recruiters in campus interviews with 33% and 20% of candidate absorptions, respectively. The highest placements happened in Information Technology, Operations, and Business Development.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology Kottayam Scholarship
The college has created a concept of e-Grantz which is applicable for every student. e-Grantz is facilitated by the state government of Kerala. There are MCM scholarships, e-Grantz, and the KPCR scholarship.
- MCM Scholarship: This scholarship can be availed by all students. Class 10th, 12th mark sheet, and parental income certificate are needed to avail of this scholarship.
- e-Grantz: This scholarship is also there for students and can be availed. It provides about 16k rupees to students.
- KPCR Scholarship: SEBC students of Govt/Aided institutions & Self-financing engineering courses only – Fees are provided at par with government rate.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology Kottayam Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college for the students are enumerated below:
- Library: Library is a big star-shaped building furnished with all computerized methodology where one can even take online references. There is a separate book bank for students of SC/ST. The library is spread over 822 square meters. It also has 2030 e-books.
- Central Computing Facility: There are numerous computers with LAN and standalone PC’s in this building. Software like Matlab, Stad Pro, etc are available there in the PCs, and internet connection is provided all over the campus through here only.
- Hostel: Hostel facility is also there and students can opt for hostel facility too. There are two ladies’ hostels and one for men. Ladies hostel can accommodate up to 280 students while the men’s hostel accommodates up to 107 students.
- Canteen: A functioning canteen is there on the campus. Separate space for students and staff is there on the campus. A separate cafeteria is also present.
- Auditorium: A mini-auditorium is also constructed.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology Kottayam Faculty
College faculty are Ph.D. holders and there are HOD for every department. There is a council of members for looking after college, academics, and hostels. There are about 5 faculties per 100 students.
3 of the faculty members are Ph.D. holders while endeavoring to improve practical exposure for the students.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology Kottayam FAQs
Ques. How are co-curricular activities at the institute?
Ques. Is there any counseling cell available for students?
Ques. Are there any services available to help students in terms of industry demand and start-up?
Ques. Are there spaces available for a seminar or conference?
Ques. Is the MCA course also offered by the Institute?