Festivals:- Instincts: This is an intercollege cultural festival in the institution which is planned and managed by students of SSN.
• Literary Club
• Dance Club
• Music & Fine Arts Club
Students of the institute are trained in the following platforms:
• Mock Group discussions
• Guidance sessions
• In-plant training
• Model Aptitude tests
• Youth programme by National Service Scheme (NSS)
• Career Awareness sessions
Many of students have shown participation and also organized following activities:
• Inter-collegiate tournaments
• College Annual Sports day
• Anna University Tournaments, SSN Rolling Trophies, SSN Trophy and SSN Open
• All India inter university and South Zone tournaments
• Inter zonal tournaments
• Tamil Nadu Inter Engineering Sports (TIES) meet
- ISTE Chapter: It includes lectures by faculty & guests, seminars and programmes sponsored by AICTE-ISTE.
- IEEE Student Branch: IEEE organizes seminars on latest developments in various fields, imparts training to interested students and encourages them to publish in leading journals & magazines.
- CSI Students Chapter: This conducts a number of symposia every year on the latest trends in the IT World.
- ACM Student Chapter: It was set up to facilitate all activities which aim at spreading quality computing education by setting up learning groups, organizing seminars, conducting workshops, facilitating contests and so on.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell: The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at SSN Institutions was established with a vision of fostering innovation and promoting entrepreneurial skills.
- To educate enterprising students in the essentials of starting a business
- To develop a strong network of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, senior professionals and individuals directly or indirectly
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps and Entrepreneurship Development Programs
- To organize guest lectures by trailblazing entrepreneurs
The National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN): The National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), founded in 2002, by the Wadhwani Foundation. Co-founded by five of India’s premier academic institutions: IIT Bombay; SP Jain Institute, Bombay; IIM Ahmedabad; IBAB, Bangalore and BITS Pilani, NEN focuses on introducing a new paradigm in the entrepreneurship education in India.
Technology Business Incubator (TBI): The Technology Business Incubator at SSN is an on-campus facility which leverages all the resources that are available within the campus such as access to laboratories, workshops, development and testing centers, computing resources, internet access and above all human resources.
- Auditorium: 1000-seater auditorium which is fully AC and fortified with high quality sound systems and multimedia projectors. A small auditorium is also built for small meetings and seminars that has volume of 300 persons.
- Hostel: Each hostel building is designed to be an independent unit with its own dining hall, kitchen, television, telephone facilities and reading room. Hostels are separately available for girl and boy students. There is also staff quarters allotted to faculty and other staff.
Library: Library of SSNCE lays on 2 elements of great resources and the right atmosphere. The library has catalogue of following things:
• Over 46,000 volumes
• 206 national and 114 international journals & magazines
• 1,200 books
• 129 web courses in various disciplines
• 110 NPTEL video lectures
• Online journal database
Institutional membership with libraries of:
• MALIBNET (Madras Library Network, Chennai)
• IIT-Madras, Anna University
• DELNET (Developing Library Network, New Delhi)
• British Council
Sports Quota: 25 engineering seats every year for students who combine excellence in the selected sports with creditable academic records. Students played at National and International level tournaments for the following games and sports are eligible to apply for the sports quota admissions: athletics table tennis, cricket, basketball, badminton, chess, tennis, and squash racket.
Sports Scholarship: Institute offers concrete rewards in the form of a yearly scholarship program which awards scholarships of up to Rs. 40 lakhs to sports achievers.
Health Care:A well-stocked dispensary is provided in the Bio-Medical department so that students can access to medicines and medical advice by campus doctor. Facility of van is available for hospital and also there is full-time campus doctor.