Sarada Institute of Technology and Science (SITS), Khammam was started in 2006 by Sarada Educational Society. It is a self – financed Institute. Its aim is to create professionals with innovative skills who can also contribute towards the society by continuous improvement in the teaching process. It is built in an area of 12 acres of land and is 5 km away from the town of Khamman, Andhra Pradesh.
- It is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
- It is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad
Year (2013 – 2014)
No. of Students Placed
Name of the Company
Y – TECHNOLOGIES
M Tech (CSE)
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Association of Computer Technocrats (ACT) – The group organizes Group Discussions, Project Presentations, and Technical Discussions etc
- Youth Red Cross Society – Among the 4 core areas of Indian Red Cross Society, Disaster response continues to represent the largest portion of our work, with assistance to millions of people annually ranging from refugees to victims of natural disasters. Creating the opportunity for Red Cross Societies to network and work together is one of the key roles of this body.
- National Service Scheme (NSS) which is a permanent youth program under the ministry of Youth affairs & sports is actively operating in the college with an aim of developing personality of students through participation in community service. It organizes blood donation camps, offers voluntary services in village & district administration
- Cultural Committee – It seeks to bring out talent in the student community in dance, music, theatre etc.
Centralized Computer Center
- It consists of two laboratories; Server & DTP Room
- Internet access through leased line at 30Mbps speed
- 120 computers systems
- Network of 100C Cisco Router – 2800 Nos.& CISCO Switch
- Spaciously built in an area of 700 sq meters
- Seating capacity of 180 students
- Equipped with VOLKS software package for in – house operations of library and has more than 14,677 bibliographic catalogue records of books to search from
- 57,92,809 E-books & 979 National & International Journals through DELNET
- Annual Techno Cultural Festival – It is celebrated in Feb – Mar each year. It brings together different institutions and encourages the significance of Innovation, Interaction and Technology through discussions, lectures, workshops, exhibitions and exciting competitive events in the form of a carnival. It also provides a platform for artists and designers to experiment with technology.