Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology, SCET was established in the year 1995 in Surat district of Gujarat. Presently the college enrolls more than 2000 students in various disciplines of Engineering, Architecture and MCA where 10 UG courses and 7 PG courses are offered. All UG and PG courses are affiliated to GTU and Architecture courses are affiliated to Council of Architecture (COA).
Since 1995 the college is growing rapidly and is continuously increasing its human resources as well as infrastructural resources and is marching ahead to become one of the most premier academic institutes in the country.
It is acting as a single point of contact for companies to help them for recruitment of Engineers, Pharmacist, MBA, M.Sc., B.Sc. Diploma etc. The popularity of the college can be seen from this fact that it is a single destination for conduction of pool campus recruitment drives for students of about 40 colleges from Baroda to Vapi for different disciplines.
Cultural activity :
Cultural Event is a tradition at SCET. “Verve” is the heritage cultural program of SCET. The lush green campus exudes & resembles an area of compassion, harmony, prudence & wisdom.
GRAFITEE, the annual student magazine includes articles from students and staff. Articles includes poems, stories, recent happening, technological advances etc. Alongwith this, the details of the students who are passed out is also mentioned in the magazine.
Technical event :
National level Engineering Undergraduate’s Tech fest – KSHITIJ – is an yearly extension of KSHITIJ series which was initiated in 2002. The motto of Kshitij is to provide a unique review to the upcoming technocrats to be up to date with the latest technologies.
In addition to this, each department is organizing its department level technical events. like CSE department organizes “Updates”, ECC department organizes “Symposium”, IT Dept organizes “Converse”, Electrical Engg organizes “Urja” etc.
LATE MRS. CHANDRAVATIBEN YASHVANTLAL KAJI SCHOLARSHIP
- This scholarship is awarded to a candidate who has secured admission to the First year B.E. Electrical program.
- Scholar will be selected on the basis of both Merit and Economic needs. The proper selection is left to the Management.
- The selected scholar will be given scholarship through his/her entire B.E. program i.e. 4 years before a new scholar in the subsequent year is selected..
SHARE AND CARE FOUNDATION-LOAN SCHOLARSHIPS
- Loan Scholarships are offered to the eligible first year students of Engineering College.
- Among the applications received from the students, total 5 applications shall be selected out of which 2 Females and 3 Males students first year and 3 Females and 2 Males students subsequently next year will be selected in alternate years on merits plus economic need.
- The loan scholarship will be for the entire course of four/five years.