The Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology was established at Surat in 1995. According to IndiaToday, the college was ranked as the 17th for the year 2018 in Gujarat. College offers various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in the field of Technology and Computer Applications. Major IT companies coming for placement are Thomson Reuters CMC Ltd., Collebra, BlazeCLan, to name a few. Admissions are based on the GUJCET merit rank.
Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1995 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Gujarat Technological University|
|Entrance Exam||GUJCET, GATE, GPAT, GCET|
|Courses Offered||9 UG, 7 PG courses|
|Popular Courses||B.Arch. and B.Tech.|
|Top Recruiters||Thomson Reuters CMC Ltd., Collebra, BlazeCLan|
|Campus Area||60 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Open-air theatre|
Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology Courses
The SCET college offers degrees approved by the AICTE in Technology and Computer Applications. The college additionally offers lateral entry in 2nd year in B.E courses. Following chart details courses offered to students.
|B.Tech.||Chemical Engineering Civil Engineering Computer Engineering Architecture Engineering Electrical Engineering Textile Technology||Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, with minimum 50% marks along with GUJCET merit rank.
Duration: 4 Years
|M.Tech.||Computer Engineering Electronics & Communication Engineering Environmental Engineering Civil (Town & Country Planning)||Eligibility: Passed the qualifying examination plus GATE score
Duration: 2 Years
|M.C.A.||Computer Applications||Eligibility: Passed the qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% marks with Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT)
Duration: 2 Years
Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology Admission
Admission at SCET is strictly based on GUJCET scores. Merit list is generated every year by college administration according to cut- off the rank. Candidates for course B.Tech. are selected based on GUJCET merit. Whereas candidates for courses such as M.E and MCA are selected based on marks scored in the GATE, GCET or CET followed by the counseling process.
How to apply?
- Apply for admissions on the college website and relevant authorities mentioned.
- Fill out complete details required in the application forms, attach required documents, mark sheets, photographs.
- Attach any documents related to the reservation category.
- Get an admit card for the entrance exams and appear according to announced dates.
- After results are declared, appear for admission rounds and secure your seat by paying applicable admission fees.
Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology Cut off
Tabulated below are the cut off for admission in the college in B.E.:
|BE Computer Engineering||650-2458||5261 - 8195|
|BE Civil Engineering||681-9583||16728 - 24738|
|BE Information Technology||1849-4086||12320 - 18401|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||2079-9983||19361 - 27561|
|BE Electrical Engineering||4764-15634||22374 - 29974|
|BE Textile Technology||9908-38423||-|
|BE Instrumentation & Control Engineering||7328-34323||-|
Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology Placement
The placement cell of SCET has been bridging the academic - industry gap and seeking the corporate sector cooperation in producing better engineers to meet today's and tomorrow’s needs.
|Academic Year||Level||Students placed||Median salary in INR|
Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology Scholarship
The college frequently gets grants from the general public. Following are the grants offered to the understudies under different classifications:
Scholarship offered by Government:
- Girls under PRAGATI Scheme
- For Person with disabilities students
- Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme
- Focal Sector Scholarship Scheme
Scholarship offered by Assistance from the network.
- Late Mrs. Chandravathi Ben Yashwant Lal Kaji Scholarship
- Share and Care Foundation-Loan Scholarship.
Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology Facilities
The college administration takes into account the need for students as well as employees and offers various resources to cater to their needs.
- Library: SCET library has more than 52530 books, national international diaries, print Journals, and magazines.
- Hostel: The boys’ hostel has 150 rooms and one girl hostel with an arrangement for 100 female students. The hostel has study rooms, a devoted games field, and a play area.
- Cafeteria: A separate cafeteria is present with hygienic food at subsidized rates.
- Other facilities include seminar halls, open-air theater, medical faculty, and common rooms for boys and girls.
Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology Faculty
The organization has a sum of 163 educational staff out of which 50 hold Ph.D. degrees and 3 personnel hold M. Phil degrees. Each department has its Head and Dean and different resources are working at the other position:
- Professor – 14
- Assistant Professor – 95
- Associate Professor – 24
- Lecturer - 30
Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques. How will the Merit List of Engineering be considered?
Ques. Is SCET a boys' college?
Ques. Who are the recruiters conducting campus placements SCET?
Ques. Can a compartment student get a confirmation in admission?
Ques. What is the Quota for reservations of seats?
Ques. What is the procedure for admission in B.E through lateral entry?