School of Technology and Applied Sciences (STAS) was founded in the year 1993, by the Mahatma Gandhi University. It comprises of three centres (Kottayam, Cochin, Pathanamthitta) under the direct administrative authority of the Centre for Professional and Advanced Studies (CPAS), the institution strives at providing quality learning and exposure in the field of Information Technology.
STAS Kottayam furnishes the student for global competition at an affordable cost. STAS with an optic on academics also focuses on formulating a sense of social responsibility in the students by organizing Workshops, NSS events, nature camps. The alumni network is placed at reputed positions in MNC’s such as Infosys, Wipro, IBM, etc.
|Year of Establishment||1993|
|Approval||All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)|
|University Type||Self-Financed University|
|Affiliated to||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam|
|Active Groups||Sports Cell, Placement Cell, NSS|
|Location||22.9 km from Cochin International Airport|
School of Technology and Applied Sciences Admissions
- The seats in Undergraduate/postgraduate programs are allocated on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance exam conducted by CPA/State Entrance and University Centralized allotment.
- Admission to all courses under STAS Kottayam is online based which is followed by forwarding a printout of the form to the concerned centre.
- The standard eligibility for application is listed below:
- Those who are awaiting the results of the qualifying examination can apply. They shall produce the mark sheet during the process of Admission failing which their chance is gone.
- Applicants belonging to socially & educationally underprivileged classes whose total annual family income does not exceed the prescribed limit approved by the Govt. will have a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam. SC/ST candidates need to pass in the qualifying examination only.
School of Technology and Applied Sciences Courses
STAS Kottayam offers three undergraduate courses in Science discipline. The details of the same are given below:
|B.Sc. Computer Science||6 Semesters||50||10+ 2 or equivalent examinations in Science stream with Mathematics/Computer Science as a compulsory subject|
|B.Sc. Cyber Forensics||30||10+ 2 with an aggregate of 50% marks for any three of five subjects viz, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or Computer science and Mathematics as compulsory subject with 50% of marks alone.|
|Bachelor of Computer Application||60||10 +2 or equivalent examination in science stream with Mathematics/Computer Science/Informatics Practices as optional|
Master's degree program provides training for developing specialized skills in a number of fields of IT. The details of the same are highlighted below
|M.Sc. Cyber Forensics||4 Semesters||20||B.Sc. Cyber Forensic/ Computer Science/ IT/ Electronics/ Mathematics/ Physics/ BCA with 55% of marks(including language).|
|Master Computer Applications||6 Semesters||30||As per the norms prescribed by the Controller of Entrance Examinations, Govt. of Kerala.|
School of Technology and Applied Sciences Facilities
- The campus is located in the heart of the city that stimulates academic interaction between learners.
- Encircled by the best cultural landmarks of the state.
- High Standards of Education and affiliation to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Spacious Auditorium for Public meetings, Seminars, Workshops, and other events.
- Enriching library with over 5,000 volumes and references with e-journal facility
- Properly maintained Computer and Electronics lab with up-to-date facilities.
- Dedicated placement cell which assists students and helps in personality development.
- Highly experienced and qualified faculty for academics.
School of Technology and Applied Sciences Placements
The School of Technology and Applied Science, Kottayam interacts with industries through Seminars and workshops. This helps in allowing application knowledge and industrial training to the students. The Placement cell continuously strives for decent placements for the students of college through real-time industrial projects and placement through campus interviews and industrial collaborations.
The cell further ensures the personality growth of students via Group Discussions and training. Tie-ups companies include Infosys, Mindcurv, etc. These companies offer the students an amazing opportunity at getting placed in some of the prominent companies in the country and the world right after College. The Alumni network of STAS comprises people from IBM, Infosys, Wipro, TCS and many more and some are positioned in various public-sector organizations.
School of Technology and Applied Sciences Scholarships
Financial assistance is available through bank loans to every student. The fee is very reasonable and easily affordable. The institute offers scholarships for the underprivileged and reserved category.