Sri Eshwar College of Engineering, Coimbatore, established in 2008, is one of the finest engineering colleges out there in Coimbatore. The institute offers BE/B. Tech and ME/ M.Tech courses over various disciplines. Some of the salient features of the college are industry powered laboratories, start-up accelerators, and the college's own IT Center. The college provides a lot of support to the students in the form of Value Added Courses. They also have a center for International Relations, Higher Education, Entrepreneurship Development, Industry Institution Interaction, Social welfare, and IEEE Chapter.
The college has built itself with good infrastructure, sports. The placements go as high as 90% year after year. Giants from Amazon, Byju’s, Coviam, Informatica, Multicore Ware, Payoda, and Thoughtworks are the top recruiters. Admissions for BE/B. Tech is offered on the basis of Merit (in 12th examination) and for ME/M. Tech, the candidate is offered a seat on basis of GATE / TANCET scores.
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering Coimbatore Highlights
|Established | Type||2008 | Autonomous|
|Affiliation||Anna University, Chennai|
|Set by||Sri Eshwar Trust|
|Courses Offered||7 BE/B.Tech Courses, 3 ME/M.Tech Courses|
|Popular Course||B.E in Computer Science|
|Admission Criteria||Merit for BE/B.Tech and GATE for ME/M.Tech|
|Top Recruiters||Byjus, Coviam in 2020|
|Facilities Available||Library, Amenity Center, Sports Center, Open Air Theatre|
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering Coimbatore Courses
The college offers various B.E/ B.Tech and M.E/M.Tech Courses to Students. Apparently the college has introduced a new B.Tech course on Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
|B.E B.Tech||Computer Science and Engineering Electronics and Communication Engineering Mechanical Engineering Information Technology Computer and Communication Engineering Electrical and Electronics Engineering Civil Engineering||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate
Duration: 4 years
|M.E M.Tech||Computer Science and Engineering Engineering Design VLSI Design||Eligibility: BE/B.Tech and GATE merit rank
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering Coimbatore Admission
- Admissions are strictly based on Merit rank for BE, B.Tech and on GATE, TANCET for ME, and M.Tech.
- For BC/MBC/SC/ST community of Tamil Nadu, the minimum eligibility is to secure 40% aggregate in PCM in 12th std. The candidate should also provide a community certificate signed by Tahsildar.
- For Other Communities, the minimum eligibility is to secure a minimum of 45% aggregate in PCM in 12th std.
- Candidate of Other states (other than Tamil Nadu) will be treated as Other communities irrespective of their true community.
How to Apply?
- Candidates need to fill the form on the college website.
- The candidate has to register for TNEA counseling for UG and TANCA counseling for PG
- The candidate will be selected on the basis of merit.
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering Coimbatore Placement
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering has its own dedicated Training and Placement Cell which trains students in industry required standards. Training modules are developed by skilled content developers in which all the sessions are structured in such a way that the participation of students is given as much importance as the participation of the facilitator. In the academic year 2019, more than 43 companies visited and offered 259 jobs to students. The top recruiters include Renault Nissan, Quest, Virutasa, Aspire Systems, Focus Edumatics, etc.
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering Coimbatore Scholarship
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering does provide scholarships to students mainly under two categories which are SECE Merit Scholarships and SECE Sports Scholarships. Candidates scoring a good percentage in 10 and 10+2 exam are more likely to get Merit Scholarships, while candidates having a recognized sports certificate are more likely to get Sports Scholarships.
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering Facilities
Some of the facilities created by the college for the students are described below:
- Library: The library offers a large number of books, both written by Indian and foreign authors. It is maintained by the latest software to ease the flow access of books and keep track of them.
- Labs: The college offers well-furnished labs with all industry-leading machines available for students. All industry assigned projects are performed by students.
- Transport: The college provides buses for students to commute in a cost-efficient and flexible manner.
- Hostels: The college provides separate Boys and Girls hostels to students on campus.
- Sports: The college has its own sports center which provides students all kinds of sports to choose from.
Click here Sri Eshwar College of Engineering Hostel
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering Coimbatore Faculty
Sri Eshwar College of Engineering has a large and diverse faculty of 111 members across all departments. Most of them are Ph.D. holders while the rest having a minimum of an M.E degree and 3-4 years of experience. The student to faculty ratio in college is 15:1. All members of the faculty are highly experienced in their domain. They are highly interactive with students and ready to help students outside of classrooms also.
Sri College of Engineering Coimbatore FAQs
Ques. Does Sri College of Engineering provide Scholarships?
Ques. What is the average placement package for B.E/BTech course?
Ques. Can I apply for B.Tech course even if I am not from Tamil Nadu?
Ques. How are the faculties of Sri College of Engineering?
Ques. Are seats provided separately for the Reservation quota?