Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering - [SJCE] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
SJCE Mysore Quick Updates 2020
June 12: KEA has announced the dates of Karnataka PGCET 2020 for MBA courses. Registration starts from June 15. Last date to Register: June 28, 2020. Check Here
May 15: Karnataka DCM announces KCET 2020 to be held on July 30 & July 31, 2020. Check Here.
Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE) in Mysore was established in the year 1963 under the aegis of JSS Mahavidyapeetha.
The College is Autonomous Institution under V.T.U Belgaum and Governed by the Grant-in-Aid rules of the Government of Karnataka.
- Selected as Lead Institute for Assistance by World Bank under TEQIP Scheme of Government of India
- The college has been recognized as one of the Centers of the Network scheme foreseen by the Govt. of India
- The campus is spread over 120 acres (0.49 km2)
- The college maintains a host of Computer Systems throughout the campus and operates 24X7 basis
- Institute is offering full-time B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA & MCA in several disciplines
List of notable alumni who have excelled in Engineering and other fields:
- Shanmughan Manjunath, the slain IOCL officer
- Prahlad Srinath, tennis player
- C S Rajeevalochana, Electric Vehicle charger expert
- Product Development Centre
- SJCE Electronics and Calibration Centre
- Rehabilitation Engineering Centre
- JSS Research Centre
- Consultancy Services
- VTU Research Centre
- Non-Conventional Energy Resource Centre
On-Going Research Project
- Synthesis & characterization and biological activity of some organic compounds
- Targeting inflammatory pathway for the treatment of hepatacellular carcinoma by novel N-Substituted imidazole -4- caroldehyde derivatives
- Exploring Approaches for Analyzing User’s Sentiment from Regional Web documents
- The college has a quiz club - The Greycells. The club was started in 1999
- The weekly quiz is 'WeKuiz' The SJCE students have twice won (2001 and 2003) the Times of India Ascent Quiz conducted by the Times Group in addition to other intercollegiate quizzes held in and around the city
- CSI-SJCE and IEEE-SJCE chapters conduct weekly events ranging from aptitude and technical tests to workshops
- The CSI conducts its annual technical fest "Technologix" during the even semester
- The college's annual fest 'Jayciana' is one of the popular student events in the state
• Library, being one of the very important organs of the system, is the centre of all activities on the Campus.
• The centre is equipped with over 96,538 volumes covering all branches of Science & Engineering, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Hand Books, 330 print Journals, Data Books etc.
College has facilitated indoor & indoor spaces for most of the games such as cricket, volleyball, basketball & football.
- Javagal Srinath, cricketer, Team India
- Prahlad Srinath, tennis player, Team India
Rated as AAA among top Engineering Colleges in India in 2013
SJCE offers scholarships & awards to eligible & deserved students for their future education & advantages based on their performance.
- NCERT Scholarships from New Delhi
- Scholarship for the students hailing from the Govt. of Manipur, Govt. of
- Meghalaya, Govt. of Himachal Pradesh etc. (for student joined under Government of
- India quota)
- Private scholarships
- S. J. Jindal Trust Scholarships Bangalore