Sri Sairam Engineering College (SSEC), Chennai, established in the year 1995 is a non-profitable, and non-minority institution. It is a self-financing college and is affiliated to Anna University. The college is accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) with a score of 3.37. It is ranked 123rd and has a rating of AAAA. SSEC has been ranked amongst Top 10 Engineering Colleges with 38 gold medals and a great placement record of 95% with TCS, Wipro, Capgemini, etc.
SSEC admissions are offered at UG level in BTech and BE and at PG level in ME and MBA. Selection to BE and B.Tech programs are based on TNEA counseling. General category students having passed 10+2 with more than 45% marks in science and Reserved categories applicants should have at least 40% marks to be eligible for UG admissions. Similarly for PG students having their Bachelors degree can apply for admissions through TANCET.
SSEC Chennai Highlights Table
|Name of the Institute||Sri Sairam Engineering College|
|Establishment year | Institute Type||1995 | Private|
|Approved By||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam, Merit- Based|
|Top Recruiters||Tata, Infosys, Flipkart, Wipro, IBM|
SSEC Chennai Ranking
The college has managed to attain the following rankings over several years:
|Publishers||All India Rank | Year||State/ City|
SSEC Chennai Courses
The college offers various courses both at UG and PG level. The details of the courses are given below:
|Course||Specialisation||Duration||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|B.Tech||Information Technology||4 years||10+2||Merit of marks in 10+2 and TNEA counseling|
|B.E.||Computer Science and Engineering||4 years||10+2|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering|
|Computer Science (Specialization in Networking)|
|M.E.||Computer Science and Engineering||2 years||B.E./ B.Tech||TANCET|
|Embedded System Technology|
|Power Electronics and Drive|
|PhD||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Minimum 3 years||Post Graduation||Merit and Interview based|
Read more: SSEC Chennai Courses & Fees
SSEC Chennai Admissions
The application form is announced on the official Sri Sairam Engineering College website admission page. Students are advised to keep checking the page.
How to Apply?
- Students will have to register themselves online through the 'Sri Sairam Engineering College online registration portal'.
- After filling in email and academic details, candidates should pay the application fee and finish the application process.
- Offline registration can be done by purchasing brochure and application form and submitting it to the SSEC admission office. But candidates are advised to apply online for convenience.
Important details required while filling the application form
- Email address
- Phone number
- Scanned copies of their photograph
- Class X marksheet and certificate.
- Class XII Marksheet
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecards of TANCET/CAT/MAT
Documents Required at the time of Admission
- Original and photocopies of Marksheets and certificate of 10th and 12th
- Passport size photographs
- Category Certificate (original)
- A hard copy of application form (if applying offline)
Read more: SSEC Chennai Admission
SSEC Chennai Results
The students can check about their results through the respective sites. Anna University announces the results for TNEA and TANCET. For TNEA no exam is conducted but for TANCET students have to give an entrance exam.
- For BE, the candidates can download Rank List PDF from the official website– tneaonline.org by logging into their account using email ID and password.
- Similarly for TANCET, the candidates can download the scorecard from the official website-annauniv.edu using their email ID and Password. If they are selected they are eligible to apply for admission to MBA and ME in SSEC.
SSEC Chennai Placements
Sri Sairam Engineering College has an astounding placement rate of 95%. The median package for Engineering graduates (BE) is 2.85 lakhs, 3.70 lakhs for Engineering graduates (ME), and 3.73 lakhs for MBA students.
The college has a placement and training cell specifically to generate placement and training opportunities for the students. Training activities are organised throughout the year to aid the process. Some of the top recruiters are:
- Guardian and many more
|Year||Number of Students Eligible||Total no of students got placed||Percentage of Placement|
Read more: SSEC Chennai Placements
SSEC Chennai Scholarships
Sri Sai Ram College offers merit-based scholarship opportunities to students. The scholarship amount ranges from INR 5000 for a candidate with a percentage between 85-87% or a CGPA between 8.76-8.99, and INR 10,000 for a candidate with a percentage between 87-90% and a CGPA between 9.00-9.24. A candidate who has managed to score 90% and above (cumulative) and has a CGPA above 9.25 can get the fee amount waived for a full academic year.
Read more: SSEC Chennai Scholarship
SSEC Chennai Facilities
The college offers all the basic facilities to its students.State of the art infrastructural facilities and environment include:
- Generator- kirloskar
- OHP Projectors
- LCD Projectors
- PA System
- Duplicating Machine
- Audio Cassette Recorder
- Mineral Water Plant(RO SYSTEM- 2 Nos)
- First Aid Box
- Blue Star Air conditioner Unit
- Labs and Workshops
- Amenities(Canteen, stores, bank and gym)
- Boys hostel and Girls hostel (24*7 internet availability)
- Playground and indoor stadium
- Central Library and Departmental Library
- Computer Centres
- Language lab and Higher Studies Bureau
Read more: SSEC Chennai Hostels
SSEC Chennai Faculty
All the faculty members are highly qualified and extremely proficient in their field of study. They have published research papers of high value in famous journals. The administration of the college is taken care of by the principal Dr. A. Rajendra Prasad.
The faculty members of some of the departments are:
|Departments||Name of the Professor|
|Computer Science Engineering||Dr B. Latha|
|Civil Engineering||Mr. S.Kandasamy|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Dr J. Raja|
Read more: SSEC Chennai Faculty
SSEC Chennai FAQs
Ques. What are the Co-curriculum activities that the students of SSEC are engaged in?
Ans. Students take part in various kinds of sports, NCC and NSS programs. Students may even take part in various club activities and events arranged by the college authorities.
Ques. What are the popular courses offered by SSEC?
Ans. The popular courses offered by SSEC are B.E/B.Tech. The students can opt from various specializations offered. The most sought streams are Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
Ques. How many rooms are there in the girl’s hostel in SSEC?
Ans. The girl’s hostel in SSEC consists of two phases:
- Phase I: comprises a ground floor and two floors consisting of 60 rooms.
- Phase II: consists of a ground floor and four floor consisting of 100 rooms. Each room accommodates four students.
Ques. What type of transport facilities are provided by SSEC?
Ans. SSEC is easily accessible from Tambaram Railway Station by the state operated transport service. In addition, the college owns a fleet of 136 buses and these buses operate along nearly 115 routes in and around Chennai.
Ques. How is the environment of the SSEC campus?
Ans. The college has an eco-friendly campus. It is a plastic free zone. Free wifi is available for the benefit of the students. Overall, the environment of the campus is peaceful and promotes learning and growth.