Tolani Maritime Institute is one of the largest maritime education centres which offers qualified education in Marine engineering and Nautical science. The Institute was established in the year 1998 and is located in Induri, Pune, Maharashtra, India. The Institute offers programs that are both campus-based and distance learning.
Major departments in Tolani Maritime Institute are Naval Architecture, Nautical Science and Marine Engineering. Admission to all the courses is based on the score of the candidates in IMU CET followed by TMI Online entrance examination and personal interview.
The following tabulation gives the highlights of the Tolani Maritime Institute.
|Name of the Institute||Tolani Maritime Institute|
|Approved By||Directorate General of Shipping (DGS)|
|Approved||Directorate General of Shipping (DGS)|
|Courses offered||UG, PG|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Entrance exam||TMISAT, IMUCET|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Sports|
The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses in Engineering and Science streams. The following tabulation shows the courses offered by the university.
Specialization: Marine Engineering
Duration: 4 years
|B.Sc||Specialization: Nautical Science
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: candidates should have completed 10 + 2 with a minimum of 60 % mars in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognized board of education.
Selection Criteria: Candidates should appear for and secure a valid score in TMISAT or IMU CET.
Duration: 1 Year (Residential)
Eligibility: The candidate should have at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and at least 50% marks in English in 10+2.
|HND Marine Engineering/ Nautical Science/ Electrical Engineering||
Duration: 2 Years (One Year in TMI & next city of Glasgow College, UK)
Eligibility: Candidates should have passed (10+2) in PCM stream with minimum 50% marks OR Diploma in Mech. Engg./Electrical Engg./Electronics OR B.Sc. Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics with PCM group at 10+2 level.
|Post Diploma||Specialization: Nautical Science
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Degree in Mechanical / Marine / Production Engineering.
|ETO||Specialization: Pre Sea Training
Duration: 4 months to 6 months
Eligibility criteria: Bachelor’s degree in B.Tech/ BE in a relevant stream with min 60% marks from a recognized University. Candidates should be below 30 years of age.
Read More: TMI Courses and Fees
Tolani Management Institute Pune Admission
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks secured by them in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and the rank they hold in IMU CET.
- The selected candidates should appear in the online entrance test conducted by the Institute.
- Candidates selected in the online test should attend the personal interview which will test the candidates’ communication skills, leadership potential, clarity of thought, maturity and reasoning abilities.
- Final selection is based on the performance of the candidates in the personal interview.
- Selected candidates will be issued admission letters and joining instructions. Fees details will be given in the admission letter.
Read More TMI Admissions
How to Apply?
The eligible candidate can apply for the programs offered by the university by following the below procedure.
- Candidates could get the application form from the official website of the institute.
- Register and login with valid credentials and fill in the application form
- Upload and attach the required documents and mark sheets
- Pay the registration fee through NET Banking/ credit card/ debit card and submit the application form.
- The application form number will be generated after submitting the application form. Save the number and take a printout of the application form for future use.
- If the candidates are facing any issues in online payment, drop a mail to email@example.com mentioning the name mentioned in the application form, application form number and course applied for.
Upload scans of the following along with the Online form, and send photocopies of the same in case of Offline application:
- Recent passport size photograph
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet (Candidates appearing for Class XII exam in 2020 may submit these copies after declaration of results.)
- Leaving / Transfer Certificate / Birth Certificate (For age proof)
- Downloaded copies of class XII mark sheet from internet (Candidates appearing for Class XII exam in 2020 may submit these copies after declaration of results.)
- TMI has a separate placement cell which invites most of the globally renowned shipping companies to TMI campus for selection of students for both engine and deck sides.
- About 90% of eligible students get placed in the final placement process.
- Some of the popular companies that visit the campus for final placement are BW Shipping, Dockendale, Great Offshore, Seaarland, Chellaram Shipping, and Scorpio Marine Management.
The Institute offers merit based scholarships to attract the talents and promote sustained achievement. The highest scholarship is of INR 40,000 per semester known as Dr. C. P. Srivastava Scholarship. Apart from merit based scholarships, the institute also offers need based scholarships. The following gives the names of the scholarships offered in the Institute.
- Dr. C. P. Srivastava Scholarship
- Mrs. Papu Tolani Scholarship
- The Vasant J. Sheth Memorial Foundation Scholarship
- Menghraj Karna Need – cum – Merit based Scholarship for Girls
- NYK Lines, Japan
- K – Line Japan
- Sports: The TMI campus has a centrally located sport arena, a large multi purpose playing field and numerous other sports facilities. There are two gyms and several indoor games.
- Hostel: The Institute has three hostels each having more than 250 rooms, modern kitchen and separate 250 seats dining halls.
- Computer Centre and Laboratories: The Institute has three modern computer centres equipped with high-performance servers and workstations.
Read More: TMI Hostel
The faculties of the college are highly educated and qualified to have diverse industry experience. Each department has a head of the department (HOD) and faculties have the designation of associate professor and assistant professor with excellent teaching experience. The following section gives the number of faculties working in each department.
- Sr. Associate Professor: 9
- Associate/ Assistant Professor:29
- Lecturer: 13
- Ph.D Qualified: 8
Ques. What is the question pattern in the Online test conducted by TMI Pune?
Ques. When will be the result announced for TMISAT and when is the interview date announced?
Ques. What is tested in the Personal interview conducted by TMI Pune?
Ques. Can we get an education loan for TMI Pune Degree courses?
Ques. What is the difference between Marine Engineering and Nautical science courses offered at TMI Pune?