HR College of Commerce and Economics was established on June 20, 1960 and is affiliated to University of Mumbai since its inception. The college is the first institute of the university to have achieved distinction by UGC and is accredited with grade A by NAAC. HR College of Commerce and Economics offers various courses under its junior college, degree college and research department.
- Candidates will have to apply through the common admission forms available at the portal of University of Mumbai.
- For undergraduate and postgraduate courses, candidates must have obtained HSC certificate and graduation degree, respectively.
- Post Graduate degree holders are eligible to apply for research courses.
- Admissions to Degree College (UG and PG courses) will be merit based on the qualifying examination.
- Admissions to Ph.D. courses will be through entrance test- Ph.D Entrance Test (PET) conducted by the university.
- UGC-NET/ JRF/ SET qualified candidates are also exempted from the written test
Check Here: Fee Structure of HR College of Commerce and Economics
Highlights of HR College of Commerce and Economics Admissions
|Name of the College||HR College of Commerce and Economics|
|College Type||State Government|
|Basic Admissions Criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Name of Entrance Exam||Ph.D Entrance Test (PET)|
|UGC- NET/ JRF/ SET|
|Last Date of Applications Submissions||June 24, 2019|
|First Merit List||June 25, 2019|
|Document Verification & Fees Payment||June 27 and June 28, 2019|
|Second merit List||June 29, 2019|
|Third Merit List||July 1, 2019|
Note: The dates mentioned above are tentative based on previous year important dates and subject to change as per discretion.
HR College of Commerce and Economics UG and Add On Courses Admission 2019
HR College of Commerce and Economics offers Bachelor’s in Mass Media, Vocational subjects, Management Studies and various disciplines of Commerce. As the minimum eligibility requirement, candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Examinations from Maharashtra State Education Board or equivalent. Admissions will be as per candidate’s score in the qualifying exam.
The college also offers short term add on courses with specializations in Tax Procedure & Practice, Tourism & Travel Management and Advertising, Sales Promotion & sales Management. Admissions to these courses will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in written test, group discussion and personal interview conducted by the respective departments.
|BMM||Mass Media||Passed class 12th from Maharashtra Board of Higher Education or equivalent from Arts/ Commerce/ science stream||Merit Based|
|B.Com||General||Passed class 12th from Maharashtra Board of Higher Education or equivalent from Commerce/ science stream|
|Accounting & Finance|
|Banking & Insurance|
|Tourism & Hospitality Management|
|Add On Courses (Certificate/ Diploma/ Advanced Diploma)||Advertising, Sales Promotion & sales Management||Passed SSC with 70% marks and HSC with 60% aggregate marks||Written test followed Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
|Tourism & Travel Management|
|Tax Procedure & Practice|
Note: Add On Courses applications will have to be submitted along with the regular undergraduate courses at the college.
HR College of Commerce and Economics M.Com Admission 2019
At postgraduate level, the college admits 280 students every year for M.Com courses with specializations in Advanced Accountancy and Business Management. Applicants must have obtained Bachelor’s in any of the disciplines of Commerce as minimum educational qualification requirement for admissions. Admission will be based on candidate’s academic performance at graduation degree level.
|M.Com||General||80||Bachelor’s in Commerce||Merit based|
HR College of Commerce and Economics Ph.D Admissions 2019
Under its research departments, HR College of Commerce and Economics also offers doctoral in Business Policy & Administration and Business Economics. Applicants must have obtained Master’s in Commerce with 55% aggregate marks to be eligible to apply. Admission will be based on candidate’s score in Ph.D Entrance Test conducted by the university. Eligible candidates will be further called for the final round of Interview.
|Ph.D||Business Policy & Administration||5||M.Com with 55% aggregate marks/ M.Phil||Ph.D Entrance Test (PET) by university/ UGC- NET/ JRF/ SET followed by Personal Interview|
- Candidates who completed M.Phil need not appear for the written entrance test.
- UGC-JRF/ NET/ SET qualified candidates are also exempted from the written test by the university and will have to directly appear for the Interview conducted by the Admissions Committee.
- Last date to submit applications for doctoral courses at the college is July 15, 2019.
HR College of Commerce and Economics Application Process 2019
For admissions forms, candidates will have to apply online and submit the print of the form at the college. Applicants can follow the procedure given below for admissions:
- Visit the university of Mumbai portal.
- Click on ‘Click Here for Online Applications for Academic Year 2019-19” link at the home page.
- Select the link to register.
- Register with valid email id and mobile number.
- Log in to complete the application details.
- Proceed to pay the application fee.
- Take the print of the form and submit the application form along with the necessary documents at the admissions office of HR College of Commerce and Economics.
- During the submission of form and documents, candidates must submit the photocopies of the following documents at the college:
- Pre-Admissions form
- Pre-Enrolment Form of University of Mumbai
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Passing certificate
- Migration certificate e
- School leaving certificate
- Certificates supporting admissions under Sports/ Cultural/ Reserved/ Special categories.
- Migration Certificate (for students other than MH State Board)
- Transfer Certificate
- Any other document deemed necessary
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College