Ness Wadia College of Commerce has been ranked among top Commerce colleges in India. It was ranked in 12th position among the top 120 BBA colleges by India Today in 2019. The college has also been accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade. In terms of male-female ratio, Ness Wadia College has been ranked at 3rd position. It offers courses at undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and research level. Currently, there is a total of 3380 students in UG programs, 217 in PG, 30 in Ph.D. at the college.
Ness Wadia College of Commerce Highlights
|Accredited by||NAAC with an A Grade|
|Type of College||Private|
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, Doctoral and Diploma|
|Library||53,000 Books, 103 Periodicals and 21 Newspaper|
|352 Boys and 264 Girls|
|International Collaborations||University of Adelaide, Australia|
|University of Dallas, USA|
|University of California at Berkeley, US|
|University of Rennes, France|
|How to reach||
Ness Wadia College of Commerce Courses
Tabulated below are the courses offered by the college under different specializations:
|BBA||General||Intermediate graduate with 40% marks (35% for Reserved Category) (OR) 2-year Diploma in Pharmacy Course after HSC (OR) 3-year Diploma course after 10th standard|
|B.Voc||Banking, Finance, and Insurance||Intermediate Graduate in any discipline (OR) MCVC Diploma|
|M.Com||-||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|PG Diploma||Banking & Finance||Graduate in any discipline|
|International Business||Graduate in any discipline with 50% marks|
|Certificate||Digital Marketing||HSC Pass|
|Spoken English||SSC Pass|
Ness Wadia College of Commerce Admission
The students fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply through both online and offline mode. The admission form is easily available on the official website of the college. The college prepares a merit list on the basis of merit in the previous qualifying examination. Students will be further called for counseling round for admission to UG and PG courses.
Following are the necessary documents required during admissions:
- Three passport size photographs
- Marksheet of 12th standard
- Certificate of passing 12th Grade & Graduation (for MCA Students)
- HSC/ SSC Mark sheet (Attested copy) & Graduation Marksheet (for MCA Students)
- Migration Certificate (If applicable)
- Character Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
Note: Admission to PG Diploma and certificate courses are done on the basis of first come first serve.
Click here: Ness Wadia College Admission
Ness Wadia College Scholarships
Given below are the details of the financial aid provided by the college to deserving and meritorious students:
- National Merit Scholarship: This is awarded on the basis of marks secured in 10th, 12th and Graduation (B.Com). To be eligible for this scholarship, the income of the parents/guardian must be below INR 25,000 during the previous financial year.
- Shree Panjeevan Narottam Memorial Scholarship: This is given to poor and deserving students studying in the 1st and 2nd year of degree class.
- Freeships to the wards of Ex-Servicemen: Students whose parents have worked in defense (up to Major in the Army or equal ranks in other forces) are eligible for this scholarship.
- Govt. of India Scholarship to the Physically handicapped students: The student must be a resident of Maharastra to be eligible for this scholarship. They will also be required to present a certificate stating their physical handicap ability.
- Govt. of India Scholarship to Backward class students: Those belonging to classes like Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, NTDT, VJ, and SBC are eligible for this.
Ness Wadia College of Commerce Placement
The placement cell of the college provides employment needs to graduating students. They are offered a platform to explore the corporate world and establish a successful career for themselves. The cell organizes seminars, industrial visits, job fairs, workshops, guest lectures, etc. Given below is the statistics of the placement drive for the year 2018-19:
|Total no of companies visited||70+|
|Highest Package||INR 7 LPA|
|Number of Interns recruited||161|
|Number of students placed||121|
Some of the prominent recruiters of the college include Infosys, Capgemini, Deloitte, TCS, Wipro, Vodafone, Accenture, ADP, Aniva, Ascentrik, Bizexcellence, Catalyst, Deutsche Bank, Ernst & Young, HSBC, ICICI Prudential, etc.
Ness Wadia College of Commerce Facilities
Given below are some of the facilities offered by the college to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: The college has a wide collection of 56,562 books, 96 journals, 2001 Bound volumes, 415 Audio-visual material. The students as well faculty members can easily access the resources of the library. It consists of the Home Reading Section, Book Bank, Study or Reading Hall, Internet Browsing Centre, Open Access Periodical and Reference Section, Teachers Reading Room and Research Library.
- Computer Lab: The college also has computer laboratories for each department. A total of 50 nodes are connected to the internet. The labs can be used for academic as well as research purposes.
- Hostels: The college provides accommodation facilities for both male and female students. The rooms are fully furnished with necessary amenities. The old hostel can accommodate 91 girls whereas the new hostel has the facility for 352 boys and 264 girls.
- Canteen: The mess at the college can be used for breakfast, lunch, and dinner by both students and teachers.
About Ness Wadia College of Commerce
Ness Wadia College of Commerce is one of the oldest commerce colleges in India. It was established in 1969 by Sir Ness Wadia. It is functioning under Modern Educational Society. It is affiliated to the University of Pune. The college has sought to make the learning environment of the students further richer by supplying them with additional inputs with respect to personal development and foreign languages.
Ness Wadia College of Commerce Faculty
Given below is a brief about the faculty members at the college:
Prof. (Dr.) Girija Shankar
- Qualifications: M.A.(Eco), M.Phil and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Economics
- Contributions: Delivered lectures, published research papers
Dr. P.N. Chaudhary
- Qualifications: B.Sc, M.A., LL.M., M.Phil and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Law
- Contributions: Worked as a Chairman in Technical Session, participated in Round Table Conference
Dr. Ambadas T. Bhosale
- Qualifications: M.Com, M.Phil, LL.B., DLL.&LW, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Cost & Works Accounting
Dr. Mahendra R. Agale
- Qualifications: MA, SET, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Business Practices
Dr. Vrishali S. Randhir
- Qualifications: M.Com, SET, M.Phil and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Business Practices
Ness Wadia College of Commerce FAQs
Ques. How is Ness Wadia College?
Ans. The college provides an opportunity for students to present their skills by organizing various activities. The teaching and non-teaching staff are helpful and friendly. It also helps the students to develop their personality. The campus of the college is very clean and provides a great environment for studying.
Ques. Why should I pursue BBA from Ness Wadia College?
Ans. The faculty members at the college are highly experienced and skilled. The infrastructural facilities are comparatively better for BBA students in Pune. One can have many opportunities to learn from the experts of the college. It also organizes guest lectures on various topics such as Stock Market, GST, Women empowerment, cybersecurity, etc. Students will also be provided with a lot of internship opportunities.
Ques. Can I get admission to Ness Wadia with 69% marks in the BBA program?
Ans. The cutoff released by the college is based on the average percentage of the students applied. It is difficult to secure a seat if you are a general category, but if you belong to SC/ST, you might get admission in 2nd or 3rd list.
Ques. What is the merit list of B.Com in Ness Wadia College?
Ans. The minimum required marks to secure a seat in B.Com are 82% for general category. The college releases 3-4 merit list for B.Com. However, it completely depends upon the availability of the seats and through which category you are opting for.