Also known as Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce and Economics, the foundation of the college draws its root from the time of freedom struggle, when it was realised to have a college having indigenous values. A trust named “Shikshana Prasaraka Mandali” initiated this task in 1940.The highlights of the college are:
- The college got the permanent affiliation from the prestigious University of Mumbai in the year 1950.
- It has been accredited A-grade by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) in 2011.
- It has many distinguished alumni to its credit.
Located centrally in the business hub, it is easily accessible by roadways, railways and airways. Spread over a lush green cover of around 2500 square meters, with a building an area of 5055 square meters. The college has buildings of gothic style with a Clock tower.
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Industrial Psychology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Law
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Environmental Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of English
Such clubs and forums of the college are:
- Podar Nature Club
- Photography Club
- Research and Development Cell
- Planning Forum
- Podar Hikers' Club
- Placement Cell
- The Speakers' Academy
- More than over 75000 books
- Around 60 Periodicals
- About 10 Journals
- More than 1200 CDs and Cassettes
- About 200 maps etc.
The computer lab is well equipped with modern facilities and houses more than over 70 computers with modern licensed software to facilitate the appropriate learning of computer systems and application.
The college houses a well maintained and equipped seminar hall with a seating capacity of around 60 persons at a time.
The college has a well-developed Auditorium. It is also known as Main Hall or Assembly Hall. Equipped with a well-furnished stage along with green room, the hall has a capacity of around 500 students.
The college also has a dedicate lab for language learning, which has a total of 15 computers installed with dedicated language softwares with accessories such as headphone and mic.
Audio visual room-
The college also houses an audio visual room fully equipped with facilities such as LCD, Projectors, Screens, white boards along with internet facilities.
The connectivity rooms has 4 cubicles dedicated to WDC, Extension Unit, Placement Cell and Student Council.
The college has a gymkhana which has a well dedicated sections for various sports and activities, which include table tennis, carom, chess and NCC rooms.
- Enigma- It is annual inter collegiate cultural festival of the college in which the college plays host to students from different parts of the country. The spotlight of the fest are various dance, drama, music, fine arts followed by film fest and quizzes which are intricately and carefully designed and impeovised.
- Moneta- Moneta is the largest financial market event of India. The annual inter college event has received wide acclaims since its conception in 2009. The fest provides the conducive ambience for inculcation of practical approach towards the financial market. The intriguing events of Moneta are Bull ring, Black gold, Synergies, The Conatagion etc.
- It has been accredited A-grade by NAAC (National Assessment And Accreditation Council) in 2011
- The college got the 20th spot on the list of Best Commerce Colleges of India by India Today ranking in 2013
- The college got 5th spot among the best commerce colleges in Mumbai by India Today ranking in 2013
- Scholarship for Degree College Students is also provided by Association of Non-Government Colleges (ANGC) Educational and Welfare Fund
- Government of India scholarship for SC/ST/DT-NT/OBC/SBC.