BN Bandodkar College of Science, earlier a part of Vidya Prasarak Mandal’s College, came to be known as a separate institute in 1975 in Thane. The college is the only Single Faculty of Science College affiliated to the University of Mumbai offering multiple specializations in B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D, Certification and Diploma programs. Admissions to all courses are merit based. The students with 50% aggregate marks in the previous qualifying examination are eligible to apply for the admission. To apply for the admission process, applicants must visit the official website and fill up the application form and upload the required documents.
BN Bandodkar College of Science Highlights
|Established | Type||1969 | Public|
|Affiliated||University of Mumbai|
|Courses||B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D, Diploma, and Certificate|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Top Recruiter||Infosys, TCS, L&T, etc.|
|Facilities||Library, Placement Cell, Laboratories, Auditorium, Playground, Gymkhana, Wifi|
BN Bandodkar College of Science Courses
BN Bandodkar offers specializations in Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Doctoral Programmes and Certificate courses. The details of the courses are as mentioned below:
|Bachelor of Science||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 in science stream
Specializations: General Science, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Computer Science, Information Technology, Human Science, and Interdisciplinary Science
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
|Master of Science||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor of Science Degree
Specializations: Chemistry, Information Technology, Physics, Environmental Science, Biodiversity Wildlife Conservation and Management
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
|Ph.D||Duration: 3 year
Eligibility: Master of Science Degree
Specializations: Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Physics, and Environmental Science
Intake: 34 aided
|Certificate Programmes||Duration: 1 year
Specialization: Decode Life, Biodiversity and Conservation Biology, Solid Waste Management, Matsyahar - Value Added Fish Delights, Home Scale Production of Fruit Jams, Squashes and Syrups, Confectionery and Snacks, Art Of Mehndi and Self Grooming, Bioinformatics, Robotics, Fish Burger& Prawns Pickle, and Basics of R Programming
|Diploma Programmes||Duration: 1 year
Specializations: Personality Development and Leadership Training Course, Indoor Gardening, Flora Appreciation on Jnanadeepa
BN Bandodkar College of Science Admission
Admissions to all courses are made on a merit basis. They are generally conducted according to University of Mumbai admission procedures. Admissions are accepted both online and offline.
Online Application links will be set up on the website. Applicants need to click on the link and then fill in the form as required. There is also an application helpdesk for all students during May vacation till the admission process ends. Subject wise Flex boards and Flyers are also displayed throughout the year.
For diploma courses the norms laid down by VPM College are to be followed.
BN Bandodkar College of Science Placement
The college conducted on-campus and off-campus placement drives. A total of 291 students participated in the on-campus drive. 66 students out of this received placements. The companies that participated in this drive included:
- L and T
- Skytech Systems PVT
- JSW Steel
- Neosoft Technologies
- S2 Infotech
In the off-campus drive, the participants include Infosys and TCS. 43 students took part in this drive and 24 students received placements. The median salary received by graduates is INR 2 lakhs 48 thousand.
BN Bandodkar College of Science Scholarship
Some of the scholarships that students can avail of include:
- Zilla Parishad Freeship
Eligibility: P.T.W., S.T.W,. Ex-Servicemen, Jawan, Girls’ freeship and E.B.C.
Documents required include:
- Attested photo copy of Mark sheet,(previous years)
- Attested photo copy of Ration card (Both sides)
- Attested photocopy of Admission fee receipt
- Income certificate (from Tehsildar) for E.B.C only (Income limit upto 1,00,000/-)
- Employment certificate of parents for P.T.W., S.T.W. & Ex-Servicemen, Jawan.
- B. C. Scholarship (for SC, ST, NT, SBC, OBC)
- S.C./ S.T: Up to 2,00,000
- O.B.C., N.T., S.B.C: Up to 1,00,000
- Online Freeship
- Fee-concessions to the wards of Primary / Secondary Teachers, Freedom Fighters, Jawans, Ex-servicemen, and Economically Backward Class
- National Merit Scholarship
BN Bandodkar College of Science Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- A Hygienic canteen in campus
- 6 auditoriums
- Wifi enabled campus
- Smart Cards
- Access controlled systems integrated with Entrance Control System
- Inter connected libraries
BN Bandodkar College of Science Faculty
There are a total of 88 teaching faculty members in this institute. They are divided into:
- Associate Professors: 11
- Assistant Professors: 73
- Others: 4
Out of these, 16 faculty members are qualified with doctoral degrees. Since the total strength of the college is 1924 students, it has a mentor mentee ratio of 1:23.
Read More: BN Bandodkar College of Science Faculty
Awards and Achievements
Some of the recent achievements of this college include:
- It received the Swachh Bharat Mahavidyalaya Award in 2019.
- The college got a recognized ISO 9001:2015 Certificate in 2019.
- The college was a recipient of Milestone Merits Leadership-2018 Award under the leadership category by RBNQA on 20th March 2019.
- It was selected under Star College Scheme by DBT in 2015.
- The college was also selected as a Centre of Potential Excellence and received a sanction of 1.5 crore grant by UGC, New Delhi.
- It was honoured with "Commendation Certificate" from Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award in the Education Sector in 2015.
- It was awarded the Jagar Janivancha Award from the Government of Maharashtra, Thane region. It got second place in the year 2012-13, and first place in the year 2013-14.
In the year 2010 BN Bandodkar received the Best College Award by the University Of Mumbai.
BN Bandodkar College of Science FAQs
Ques. What are the intake seats per specialization in the Bachelor of Science course?
Ques. What are the admission seats for the Organic Chemistry Masters course?
Ques. Are there any endowments provided?
Ques. How are the results of the college?
Ques. How do we contact the college for more details?