GEIMS is one of the oldest institutions and has an association with the highly reputed Maritime Industry of India. GEIMS provides the best education by the combination of classroom lectures alongwith the on-board practical training. GEIMS aims to give India best seafarers and serve the Industry for over 37 Years. The Institute makes the students a global asset in the shipping and Maritime industry.
GEIMS even offers courses specializing in Marine engineering, Nautical Science and Electrical Technology with an aim to create great professionals in the world.
Admissions of Candidates is based on Admission Test, Interview and Medical Test taken by the Institute.
GEIMS, Maharashtra Highlights
Following are the Highlights of Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies (GEIMS):
|Name of Institute||The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies|
|Entrance Exam||IMU CET|
|Approved by||Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance test, Interview and Medical Test|
|In Association with||The Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd.|
GEIMS, Maharashtra Courses Offered
The Institute offers Courses in Marine Engineering, Nautical Science and Electrical Technology. The key Details of all the Courses have been tabulated below:
|GME (Graduate Marine Engineer)||Duration: 8 months on shore followed by 10 months on board training.
Eligibility: Age should be less than 25 Years.Passed in 12th class or PCM with 60% and above marks.
B.Sc. in PCM with 55% and above marks or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the Year.
Electronics with physics= 55% and above. OR BE/ B.Tech. with 50% and above marks.
|DNS (Diploma in Nautical Science)||Duration: 12 months Pre-sea training course followed by 18 months Structured Shipboard Training as TNOC under IMU.
Eligibility: Age should be less than 28 Years. BE (Mechanical/ Naval Architecting) with 50% and above and Minimum 50% marks in English.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/ Automotive Engineering with 50% and above in final year and Minimum 50% marks in English.
|ETO (Electro Technical Officer)||Duration: 4 months on shore followed by 8 months on board training.
Eligibility: Age should be less than 28 Years.12th class with PCM with 50% and above with minimum 50% marks in English.
3 Years Diploma with 60% marks
4 Years Degree inElectrical/Electronics/Electrical and electronics/ Electrical and Telecommunication/Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering with 50% marks.
NOTE: Medical Standards:Physical standards and eyesight as per the DG guidelines.
Other Courses offered by GEIMS are:
- GP Rating (Deck/ Engine/ Saloon)
- GP Rating (Fitters & Pumpman)
Read More: GEIMS Courses
GEIMS, Maharashtra Admission Guidelines
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply through Online Mode. Steps to apply are:
- The Candidates should first apply on the OfficialWebsite.
- Pay the Application fees of INR 1500 and required Documents along with the form.
- In case ofOnline Payment(Credit card / Debit card or Demand draft), Candidates have to send an email to email@example.com with the following details: Name, Email-id, Application Number and Course Name, Payment Reference Number.
- In case of Demand Draft, Send the Demand Draft with the Application form print out to the address mentioned:
54-56, Tungarli Village, Opposite lagoona Resort
Next to Perfect Engineering Works, Pune – 410403
Read More: GEIMS Admission
GEIMS, Maharashtra Placements
GEIMS graduates obtain full time employment from the same companies who took them on as interns for on board training.
Some companies do not participate in the Internship Programme but instead recruit students directly from GEIMS upon course completion.
After the Course gets completed by the Candidates, many big companies recruit them to offer jobs. There are top recruiting companies of GEIMS which are as follows:
Read More: GEIMS Placement
GEIMS, Maharashtra Facilities
Facilities of GEIMS are as follows:
- Auditorium: The Auditorium of GEIMS is like a Digital Theatre.
- Hostel: GEIMS has modern facilities in the Hostel with rooms for 240 Cadets along with Wi-fi availability.
- Library: The Institute has its own well-equipped library with hundreds of books.
- Transportation: The Institute has transport facilities so that the students can be transported to their places easily through College Transport.
- Laboratory: The Institute has many labs including Science lab, Electronics & Control lab, Computer lab, Seamanship lab, etc.
- Other Facilities: Other Facilities includes Bridge Simulator, Engine room simulator, Advanced Engine Simulator, Boiler and I.G. Plant Simulator, Bridge Equipment Gyro, Auto Compass and Steering Control, Air-Conditioned Classrooms, Swimming pool, Football field, Volleyball Court, Dining room, etc.
GEIMS, Maharashtra Faculty
Following is the Faculty Details:
Principal: Capt. Atma Prakash Sethi
Vice Principal: Capt. Philip John
Read More: GEIMS Faculty
Ques. What are the placements options in the Great Eastern Maritime Academy for the GME course?
Ques. How is the Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies for sponsorships?
Ques. Which is a better option to pursue, GME, Great Eastern, or IMS Goa? Why?
Ques. Is doing GME from Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy good for the future of the students?
Ques. What does a sponsorship letter from the Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies mean?
Ques. What is the fee structure of all the Courses at GEIMS?
- DNS: INR 651798
- GME: INR 541028
- ETO: INR 410428