St. Joseph’s Degree and PG college were established in 1997 in Telangana, Hyderabad by the Hyderabad Androchisie Educational Society. The college is a co-educational college as well as a Christian minority college. St Joseph’s is affiliated to Osmania University and is accredited with an’ A’ grade by the NAAC. The college provides a wide range of UG and PG courses in Science, Commerce, Arts, Mass Communication and Management.
Admissions are both based on merit and entrance exams, namely, ICET and OUCET, followed university level counselling. Applications are accepted in an offline mode.
St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1997 | Autonomous|
|Affiliated to||Osmania University|
|Set by||Hyderabad Androchisie Educational Society|
|Entrance exams||ICET, OUCET|
|Courses||UG and PG|
|Popular courses||B.com, BBA, B.Sc, BA, MBA|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Dell, Deloitte, Tech Mahindra|
|Campus Area||2 acres|
|Facilities Available||Media Center, Labs and Studios, Seminar Halls|
|Official Website||St. Joseph's PG and Degree College|
St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad Rankings
St Joseph's College in Hyderabad Telangana has proved to be one of the leading colleges in India, here are a few of its rankings:
|India today Nielsen survey||Emerging college of this century in India||8th||2019|
|India Today||Best Commerce College in Hyderabad city||3rd||2019|
|The Week||Best science college in India||49th||2019|
St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad Courses
St. Joseph’s College offers a variety of undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses. They have 19 courses across 7 streams.
Here is the list of the undergraduate courses offered at the college:
|B.Com||General||10+2 or any equivalent exam with at least 60% or above in aggregate||3 years||Merit Based|
|International Finance & Accounting|
|BA||Mass Communication & Journalism||10+2 with with English as one of the subjects|
|Journalism, Psychology, English Literature|
|B.Sc||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||10+2 or equivalent with an aggregate of 50 % marks in Science stream|
|Mathematics, Electronics, Computer Science|
|Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science|
|BBA||Information Technology||10+2 with at least 60% or above|
|MBA||HR||Bachelor’s degree from Osmania college, or any other recognized institute||2 Years||ICET|
|Finance and Operations|
|MA||Mass Communication and Journalism||OUCET|
St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad Admissions
Admissions for St. Joseph’s college is online. Admissions to UG courses are merit based whereas admissions to PG courses are entrance based.
- Candidates need to appear for ICET for admissions to MBA courses.
- OUCET is required for MA admissions.
- MBA course has 180 seats out of which 70% of the seats are filled with students who appear for ICET as well as the Christian category Quota. The remaining seats are occupied by the management, under management quota seats.
- St. Joseph’s College has seats reserved for Christians as well as differently-abled students.
How to Apply?
Below is the application procedure:
- Visit the official website of the college.
- Go to the admission section on the home screen of the webpage.
- Click on the admission form and continue filling it in.
- Once that is done the students must pay a fee of INR 600 as the registration fee for the college.
- Once the fee is paid, the students will get an SMS from the college with regards to the admission.
- After the admission is confirmed the student must pay the college fees for the semester.
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned mark sheet
- Scanned caste certificate
- Aadhar card
- Father/Mother or guardian details
- Hard copy of the undertaking form.
All these documents should be true otherwise there will be a cancellation of the form without any notice. Once these formalities are cleared the students have a pre-admission session with the counselors who will help them decide their subjects.
Read More: St Joseph's Degree and PG College Admissions
TS-ICET Cutoff 2019
|Backward class A||37886|
|Backward class B||39319|
|Backward class C||33664|
|Backward class D||37120|
|Backward class E||31437|
St Joseph's Degree and PG College Results
The institute releases its results on its official website only.
How to check St Joseph's Degree and PG College Results?
- Visit the official college website.
- Locate the ‘Examinations’ tab and click on it.
- Click on the results section. A new window will appear.
- Click on the link provided for the result you want to check.
St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad Placements
St. Joseph’s Degree and PG College is one of the most popular and distinct colleges of Telangana. Every year the college conducts pre-placement activities that enable its students to get internship opportunities and create a network themselves so as to build a prosperous future and career. Different companies come to campus to recruit students for different internships in various fields related to their courses and subjects. Some of the biggest recruiters include Amazon, Dell, Deloitte, Tech Mahindra, IBM, Asian Paints, Wipro, Franklin Templeton Investments, and many more. Here are some insights about the placements in the college over the past few years:
Academic Year 2018-2019:
- Total students participated: 346
- Total students placed: 326
- Total companies visited: 37
- Highest Package offered: INR 4.8 LPA
- Average salary Package value: INR 2.5 LPA
- Students placed with internships: 173
Academic year 2017-2018:
- Total students participated: 302
- Total students placed: 238
- Highest Package offered: INR 6.5 LPA
- Average salary package value: INR 3.6 LPA
Read More: St Joseph's Degree and PG College Placements
St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad Facilities
St. Joseph’s College offers a variety of facilities to the students in order to maintain a comfortable campus life for its students:
- Library information cell: The college has a large collection of texts and national as well as international journals for the students. There are a total of 17855 volumes of books.
- Media center: The college also has a media center with HD cameras for a better learning experience for the students.
- Labs and studios: The college also has great laboratory facilities with heavy equipment for the students to better understand complex concepts and subjects. Almost all departments have their own labs with products and equipment for their needs. Some of the important labs include the Computer lab. Physics lab, electronics lab, mathematics lab, language lab, and much more.
- Seminar Halls: The college also provides its students and faculty with seminar hall facilities to conduct various events and activities. A total of 4 seminar halls are available on campus, all with different functions. All these halls have enormous seating capacities and are used for various day to day activities held at the college.
- Sports and Gym: The college also houses a huge gymnasium at the campus for its students, which is accessible at all times. The college pays a lot of importance to its sports as well and hence as a separate committee which handles sports.
In addition to the primary facilities provided by the college to its students and faculty members, the college provides various other facilities such as free Wifi systems, well equipped and furnished classrooms, conference halls, cafeterias, counseling centers, parking facilities, and board rooms.
Read More: St Joseph's Degree and PG College Facilities
St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad Faculty
St. Joseph Degree and PG College boast a very experienced and versatile faculty that blends theoretical concepts and practical applications to provide students with the best understanding and coaching, making them industry-ready. The teachers are experts in their own fields and have constantly helped thousands of students become experts themselves in respective fields and subjects. Some of the important faculty members of the college include:
- Dr. N. Srilatha: Associate Professor & HOD, Department of Commerce
- Dr. R. Anita: Associate Professor & Dean, Department of Business Management
- D. Srinivas Reddy: Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- M. Lakshmi Narsimha Rao: Department of Physics and Electronics
- Mrs. M. Kiran Jyothi: Associate Professor and HoD, Department of Computer Science
- Mr. P L Visweshwar Rao, PhD: Department of Mass Communication
- Mrs. Amthul Fathima: Department of Psychology
Read More: St. Joseph Degree and PG College Faculty
St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. Where do I get the OUCET application form? Am I required to send the documents to the authorities after filling the application form?
Ans. The application process of OUCET is completely online and an interested candidate can apply to the OUCET Exam through the official website of the OUCET Exam. No, candidates are not required to send any documents to the authorities after form filling because the application process is completely online and no document is required to be sent in physical form to the authorities.
Ques. What are the different committees at St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad ?
Ans. The college has several committees like the
- Sports committee
- Admission committee
- The welfare of the staff committee
- Library committee
- International student cell
- Women empowerment cell
- Extracurricular activities committee
Ques. How do I know that my application for ICET has been received and accepted after filling in the Online Application Form?
Ans. If your application has been successful, you will be notified by an SMS upon your acceptance. The message you receive will give you the appointed Registration number. After you type it in, you will receive the Barcode almost instantly.
Ques. Who are the top recruiters for the PG programs St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad?
Ans. The companies that recruit students after they complete their PG from St. Joseph’s college are
- American solutions for business
Ques. What are the different events and festivals that take place at St Joseph's Degree and PG College, Hyderabad ?
Ans. The students and teachers at St Joseph’s celebrate several festivals like:
- Teachers day
- Independence day
- Freshers day