Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSOM) is a private business school affiliated to Ahmedabad University, located in the city of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It was established in the year 2000. It currently offers a multitude of programmes, from Undergraduate to Doctoral degrees as well as short term Certificate programmes.
The Undergraduate programmes at the AMSOM are all crafted to provide a thorough and comprehensive grounding of the subjects in Business Administration and Commerce, Marketing or Finance. In addition to this, however, the programmes are designed to emphasize practical engagement, gain experience in real-world applications and supplement traditional management expertise with an interdisciplinary framework that will facilitate novel approaches to business practice.
Know more about Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSOM) Admission
Amrut Mody School of Management Highlights
- Liberal education that offers the breadth of perspective as well as the depth of study.
- The programme leads to the award of two degrees, Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration. Students also have the option of exiting from an
- Integrated Programme with an appropriate Bachelor’s degree with Honours after completion of the requirements for the bachelor’s programme.
- Students take courses of their interest subject to eligibility across four Schools and four Centres. Course offerings span Management, Commerce, Humanities, Sciences, Engineering, Environment and Energy, Heritage Management, Entrepreneurship. Students may enter Ahmedabad University with an Undeclared Major and specify their Major after two semesters of study.
- Unique learning initiatives:
- The Nalanda
- Independent Study Period
- Undergraduate Research Programme
- International exposure through visits and short term study programmes to prestigious business schools outside India
- Career Development Centre for placement and higher education.
- ‘VentureStudio’: AU’s incubator systematically nurtures and guides student start-up ventures.
Amrut Mody School of Management
Ahmedabad University, Gujarat
Amrut Mody School of Management Courses
Amrut Mody School of Management Courses
AMSOM offers Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours), Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), Bachelor of Commerce Professional (Honours) and Integrated Master of Business Administration.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
Students who complete Class XII or its equivalent examination by June 2019 are eligible to apply.
Class XII students, who are yet to receive their results, may apply through Early Admissions.
English as a 1st / 2nd Language
Math not compulsory
Open to all streams
Bachelor of Commerce Professional (Honours)
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
Integrated Master of Business Administration
Read More: Amrut Mody School of Management Fees
Amrut Mody School of Management Placements
The placement cell of AMSOM is known as ‘Career Development Centre’ (CDC) which helps the students with required training for the job recruitment process. The CDC provides students with workshops, career counseling, guests lectures and co-ordinates sessions which plays an important role in aiding internship placements for students.
Some of the main Recruiters are ITC, Nestle, MRF, HDFC Ltd, Yes Bank, Axis Bank, Torrent Power, ICICI Securities, S&P Global, Radio Mirchi, Dineout, Zomato, Optimal Media Solutions (TOI), EXL, Knowcraft, FabIndia. Read More: Amrut Mody School of Management Placements
AMSOM MOUs or International Tie-ups
- Stanford University is Centre for Design Research and VentureStudio have a partnership to develop an entrepreneurial ecosystem in Ahmedabad through coaching and design of enterprise methodology.
- SEAS collaboration with Olin College of Engineering, USA is accelerating project-based learning especially in the School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- 800 years old University of Valladolid, Spain and 700 old University of Ferrara, Italy are working with the Centre for Heritage Management for developing programmes and research activities in the area of heritage.
- SEAS collaboration with the University of Bradford will promote student & faculty exchange and joint research.
- Rennes School of Business, France has entered into a partnership with Amrut Mody School of Management for students exchange of BBA and Integrated MBA Programmes.
Amrut Mody School of Management Scholarships
Various scholarships are given to students who are deserving and AMSOM offers a wide range of scholarships such as:
Other non-affiliated scholarships which include:
- Chief Minister’s Scholarships
- Prime Minister’s Scholarships
- Foundation for Excellence
Read more: Amrut Mody School of Management Scholarships
Amrut Mody School of Management Facilities
The library has total collection of more than 13500 books and it subscribes international journals and magazines (more than 10), national journals and magazines (more than 78), audio-visuals CDs/DVDs, Annual reports Database and case studies.
There are separate hostels for girls and boys. The hostel mess is operated by a private contractor. Only vegetarian food is served in the mess
The computer center is supported by IBM Windows 2012 based server & Cyberoam Internet Bandwidth Management Server with multiple Laptops, All-in-One nodes & stand-alone PCs with Multi Media Facilities.