Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSOM) offers a multitude of programs from Undergraduate to Doctoral degrees as well as short term certificate programs. The courses mainly emphasize on Business Administration and Management Studies. Admissions to these courses are done on the basis of merit scored in competitive national level examinations like CAT, XAT, NMAT, GATE, NET, etc.
Check: Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSOM) Admission
Amrut Mody School of Management Highlights
|Affiliated to||Ahmedabad University, Gujarat|
|Campus Area||8.5 Acres|
|International Collaborations||Olin College of Engineering, USA|
|Rennes School of Business, France|
|University of Valladolid, Spain|
Note: BK Majumdar Institute of Business Administration and HL Centre For Professional Education – these colleges has been renamed and now comes under Ahmedabad University.
Amrut Mody School of Management Courses
AMSOM offers the following courses under various specializations:
|Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)|
- Students who complete Class XII or its equivalent examination by June 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Class XII students, who are yet to receive their results, may apply through Early Admissions.
- English as a 1st / 2nd Language
- Math not compulsory
- Open to all streams
|Bachelor of Commerce Professional (Honours)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)|
|Integrated Master of Business Administration|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)|
|MMS (Heritage Management)|
|Ph.D. in Management||Master’s degree in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Engineering/ Management|
Check: Amrut Mody School of Management Fees
Amrut Mody School of Management Placements
The placement cell of AMSOM is known as the ‘Career Development Centre’ (CDC) which helps the students with required training for the job recruitment process. The CDC provides students with workshops, career counseling, guests lectures and co-ordinates sessions which plays an important role in aiding internship placements for students.
Placement Highlights 2018
|Total Students Participated||63|
|Highest Package||5.40 LPA|
|Average Package||3.86 LPA|
|Median Package||3.88 LPA|
Some of the main Recruiters are ITC, Nestle, MRF, HDFC Ltd, Yes Bank, Axis Bank, Torrent Power, ICICI Securities, S&P Global, Radio Mirchi, Dineout, Zomato, Optimal Media Solutions (TOI), EXL, Knowcraft, FabIndia, Havells, Asian Paints, etc.
Read more: Amrut Mody School of Management Placements
Amrut Mody School of Management Scholarships
Various scholarships are given to students who are deserving and AMSOM offers a wide range of scholarships such as:
- Need-Based Scholarships
- Chief Minister’s Scholarships
- Prime Minister’s Scholarships
- Foundation for Excellence
Click here: AMSOM Scholarships
Amrut Mody School of Management Facilities
Given below are some of the facilities offered by AMSOM to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library – It has a total collection of more than 13500 books and it subscribes to international journals and magazines (more than 10), national journals and magazines (more than 78), audio-visuals CDs/DVDs, Annual reports Database and case studies.
- Hostel – There are separate hostels for girls and boys. The hostel mess is operated by a private contractor. Only vegetarian food is served in the mess
- Computer Lab – The computer center is supported by IBM Windows 2012 based server & Cyberoam Internet Bandwidth Management Server with multiple Laptops, All-in-One nodes & stand-alone PCs with Multi-Media Facilities.
Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSOM) is a private business school affiliated to Ahmedabad University, located in the city of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It was established in the year 2000. The management school has an excellent environment for students, researchers, and faculty members.
Amrut Mody School of Management Faculty
Given below is a brief about the faculty members at the B-school:
Dr. Shilpa Bhat
- Qualifications: M.A., M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published 5 articles in reputed journals and authored 4 books
Dr, Preeti Maeck
- Qualifications: B.A., M.A., M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Comparative Literature, LGBTQ Studies, Tribal Literature, Dalit Literature
Dr. Sudhir Pandey
- Qualifications: Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Urban Culture, Virtual Communication, Executive Business
Dr. Pratishtha Pandya
- Qualifications: M.A., M.Phil, and Ph.D., NET qualified
- Areas of interest: Higher Education, Globalization, Social and Cultural Theory, Indian Literature in English, Communication Skills
Dr. Chirag Trivedi
- Qualifications: Ph.D. and M.Phil
- Contributions: Presenting and publishing research papers in national and international conferences
Know more: AMSOM Faculty