Annex College Centre for Technical & Management Studies (ACMS) is a part of the Annex group offering customized courses and training for industries and organizations. These courses range from long term to short term and are designed to train managers and executives.
Here is a glance at ACMS:
|Application fee||INR 500|
|Degree type||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Selection criteria||Entrance test|
Note: The application fee is payable via cash, cheque, or DD in favor of Annex College of Management Studies (ACMS), payable at Kolkata.
Annex College has received:
- Excellence in Academics & Placements at National Education Leadership Awards, 2019.
- Excellent Placement Assistance & Industry training in association with 100+ Companies.
- The Best Management Institute in Kolkata at Education Excellence Award by Brands Academy.
- Awarded the Best Nodal Centre of AIMA.
Annex College Centre for Technical & Management Studies (ACMS) offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, short term, in-house, off-campus courses to students. A brief about all the courses is given below:
- Annex College courses:
- Diploma Engineering in Civil, Mechanical, CS, ECE, BBA, BCA, B.Sc.(IT/ CS), Bachelor in Journalism & Mass Com, MBA, MBA+PGDM/PGDITM(Dual), MCA, PGDM, PGDMITM, Masters in Journalism & Mass Com, Diploma, PG Diploma.
- Short Term certificate programs on IT, Management, Personality Development, Linguistic, etc.
- Annex College is offering CAT/MAT/Bank P.O etc. training programs.
- In-House courses:
|BBA||Business Analytics, Hospital Management, Risk Management, Travel and Tourism Management|
|B.Sc||Hospitality, Tourism, Event Management, Hotel, Catering and Aviation Studies, Animation & Film Making, Animation, Multimedia & Graphics, and Media Science|
|MBA||Hospital Administration, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venture Development, Waste Management, and Social Entrepreneurship|
|M.Sc||Film & Television production, Multimedia, Animation & Graphic Design|
The in-house courses are affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (Formerly known as WBUT).
Admission to all the courses at Annex is through entrance test.
- Applicants can collect application form and prospectus from the respective campus through payment of INR 500.
- They can also apply online through the application portal on the official website.
- Applicants also need to appear in the Annex College Entrance test and score good marks to qualify for admission.
- Applicants with CAT/MAT/UGAT scorecards are exempted from this test. They are directly called for group discussion followed by Interview for final selection.
For BBA/ BCA/ B.Sc (IT) /Integrated
- Eligibility: 10+2 (Passed or appeared) in any discipline
- Admission Criterion: Through Written test (UGAT or ACMS-MAT) followed by Group discussion and Personal Interview.
For other certificate/diploma courses after 10+2: Based on Screening of Application.
For PGDM / PGDITM / Integrated
- Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline
- Admission Criterion: To qualify MAT (Management Aptitude Test) / CAT with a minimum composite score of 500 in MAT or 50 Percentile in CAT, followed by Group discussion and personal interview.
For MBA / MCA
- Eligibility: Graduation (with Maths as one of the subjects for MCA) in any discipline.
- Admission criterion: Through written test conducted by ACMS / AIMA / CAT followed by GD and Interview. For other certificate/diploma courses after Graduation: Based on the screening of application.
The placements cell of ACMS actively participates in assisting students in their placement activities. The cell organizes Summer Internship projects (SIP) and Industry visits for students to give them a sense of discipline and work culture followed in different companies.
ACMS has a long list of recruiters who offer jobs to students. The top recruiters of Annex College Centre for Technical & Management Studies are Airtel, KVB, ABP, Axis Bank, Bata, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, Emami, ESPN, HSBC, IBM, ICICI Bank, etc.
Annex College (Centre for Technical & Management Studies) is affiliated to:
- All India Management Association (AIIMA)
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
- Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL)
- Member of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Member of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Member of Public Relations Society of India (PRSI)
- The Corporates
- Knowledge forum
- International Institute of Media and Communication
Ques. Why ACMS?
Ans. ACMS has a 100% Placement rate. It exposes students to management games, quizzes, cultural & co-curricular activities, etc to make each of them a complete manager.
ACMS offers exclusive training on grooming, communication and personality development for all students. Regular corporate interactive sessions are held to make them industry-ready.
Overall it has affordable and nominal course fee.
Ques. What all courses are offered at ACMS?
Ans. ACMS offers a total of 22 courses. List of all courses is given below:
- BBA (Bachelor degree in Business Administration)
- BCA (Bachelor degree in Computer Application)
- B.Sc (IT) - Bachelor degree in Information Technology
- Integrated BBA + MBA
- Integrated BCA + MCA
- Integrated BSc-IT + MCA
- Certificate courses in Media Journalism
- Certificate courses in Networking and Hardware technology
- Certificate course in Desk Top Publishing
- Certificate course in Multimedia
- Diploma courses in Small & Medium Enterprises / Entrepreneurship,
- HRD, Finance, Marketing, Import & Export Systems, etc.
Post Graduate Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication
- Integrated MBA + PGDM
- Integrated MBA + PGDITM
- Integrated MBA + PGDBM
- Integrated MCA + PGDITM
- Professional Diploma programmes in Marketing and Sales, Finance,
- Human Resource Development, International Business, Logistics, Insurance, Materials
Ques. Does ACMS provide coaching for UGAT or MAT preparations?
Ans. Yes, the institute provides coaching to students preparing for UGAT or MAT exam. Annex has excellent study material, reputed faculty members, mock test series, Guidance and counselling team.
Coaching fee: INR 9,000.