Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) was established in 1988 under the aegis of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture, supported by the Birla Group of Companies. The institute is situated in Greater Noida. Late Dr. (Smt.) Sarala Birla and the Late B K Birla, chairperson of B K Birla Group of companies are the founders of the business school. BIMTECH has been accredited with an ‘A+’ grade by NAAC. The B-School offers AICTE approved postgraduate courses in General Management, International Business, Insurance Business and Retail Management.
- BIMTECH has started its PGDM admission on December 9, 2020 and will end on February 28, 2021.
- The PI and WAT will be conducted on the 2nd week of December 2020 and the results will be announced on the 2nd week of February 2021.
- BIMTECH June 2021 session will commence from June 15, 2021.
- BIMTECH, Academy of Indian Marketing AIM and EPSI in partnership with NHRDN, IILM, Founding Fuel as Knowledge Partner has organized a Global Launch and Panel Discussion. It will be conducted on January 8, 2021 from 8:00 PM – 9:15 PM IST (9.30 am -10.45 am EST). Register Here
|Institute Type||Private (Autonomous)|
|Recognitions||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
Life Office Management Association (LOMA), USA
Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), UK
|Entrance Exam||National: MAT/CAT/CMAT/XAT/ GMAT|
|Recruiters||100+ across India
5+ Global recruiters
- Birla Institute of Management Technology has been ranked No. 5 among private B-schools by NHRDN & Shine (HT Media) in Management Institute ranking 2018.
- It was awarded as 14th Rank in all India among Govt. and Private Schools.
|Ranking Agency||Year of Survey||All India Rank among Private B Schools||All India Rank among all B Schools|
|NIRF – BIMTECH||2020||-||47th|
|NHRDN-Shine (HT-Media) Management Institute Rankings||2019||6th||-|
|Business World Ranking||2018-19||-||12th|
|MBA Universe the best B school Survey||2018||-||11th|
|NHRDN and People Matters B-School Rankings||2016||5th||13th|
|NHRDN and People Matters B-School Rankings||2015||6th||15th|
|MBA Universe Survey of Best Business Schools||2015||7th||19th|
|NHRDN and People Matters B-School Rankings||2014||7th||17th|
|Business Today – MDRA Best Business School Survey||2014||8th||20th|
The college offers 4 postgraduate programs in the field of management. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|PGDM||Marketing, Operations, Finance, HR||Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|PGDM-IB||Marketing, Operations, Finance|
|PGDM Executive||-||Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks and 5 years of work experience|
|FPM||Operations Management and Decision Science, Corporate Strategy and Government, Business Communication, Marketing, Finance, OB & HR, Business Economics||
A brief about the selection for admission at BIMTECH is mentioned below:
- Fill the application form available on the website of the college.
- Pay the application fee (INR 2000) via online mode (Debit/Credit Card).
- Candidates must have secured a valid score in the following entrance exams:
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test )
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- Shortlisted candidates will then appear for the Personal Interview and Writing Ability Test.
- Self-attested photocopy of mandatory mark sheets and documents at the time of admission.
- For getting regional weightage, candidates are required to submit proof of residence.
- North East/Southern States/State of J&K domicile certificate issued by a competent authority and a copy of passport/Aadhar can be submitted as an additional document.
Check BIMTECH Admission
The following is the course wise cutoff of BIMTECH:
|Last Year’s Cut Off|
|PGDM||Marketing, Operations, Finance, HR||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT||70 Percentile|
|PGDM-IB||Marketing, Operations, Finance||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT||65 Percentile|
|PGDM-IBM||Insurance Business||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT||60 Percentile|
|CMAT/ MAT||70 Percentile|
|PGDM-RM||Retail||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT||60 Percentile|
|CMAT/ MAT||70 Percentile|
Check: BIMTECH Cutoff
The campus placement process has witnessed leading international recruiters like Landmark Group and RAK Ceramics Ltd. from Dubai and Ras-Al-Khaimah making a beeline to on-board managerial talent from BIMTECH. Despite the ongoing slowdown, placements at BIMTECH has witnessed a hike in the domestic salary package by 12.50% with the highest being INR. 18 LPA and international package by 15% with the highest CTC being INR 23 LPA. International recruiters such as RAK Ceramics, Landmark Home Centre, among various others visited the campus. As a matter of fact, when the placement session for 2018-20 PGDM batches began, there has not been a single dull day on the BIMTECH campus.
Batch Size: 411 | Students Placed: 397 | Outcome: 96.59% | No. of Companies: 117
Placement highlights of BIMTECH
|Course||Average CTC (2018-20)||Average CTC (2017-19)||Average CTC (2016-18)|
|PGDM||INR 8.27 LPA||INR 8.14 LPA||INR 7.68 LPA|
|PGDM (IM)||INR 8.18 LPA||INR 7.87 LPA||INR 7.48 LPA|
|PGDM (IBM)||INR 8.03 LPA||INR 7.67 LPA||INR 7.17 LPA|
|PGCM (RM)||INR 8.04 LPA||INR 7.73 LPA||INR 7.03 LPA|
Check BIMTECH Placements
Birla Institute of Management Technology has collaborated with leading B schools from all parts of the world who correspondingly promote the exchange program. At BIMTECH the International exchange program for students and faculties is quite engaging. There are more than 65+ International Alliances with Institutions all around the world. In this era, global connections are important for all facets of student and faculty growth.
The B school trusts that fruitful ideas come from crossing traditional boundaries and so the college promotes: Student Exchange, Faculty Exchange, Partnership with International Universities and organizations, Research projects for students, Research sharing and collaboration, Joint Certificate Programmes, Dual Degree Programmes, Emerging Market Programmes, Joint Seminars, Global Management Guru Award and other academic activities to enhance the graduation experience.
|International Alliances||National Alliances|
|Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia||TATA AIG Insurance|
|Goodman School of Business, Brock University, Canada||The Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL)|
|Ecole de Management Leonard de Vinci, France||Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.|
|The Private University of Applied Sciences (PFH), Germany||NTPC Ltd. (NTPC)|
|ETEA Faculty of Business and Economics, Spain||Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.|
|Missouri State University, USA||Reliance Exchange next Ltd. (Rnext)|
|Manchester Metropolitan University, UK||Business and Community Foundation (BCF)|
Ques. Does BIMTECH provide scholarships?
Ans. BIMTECH provides the following scholarships:
- A Scholarship of INR 2,00,000 is available by way of partial waiver of a fee to all the admitted candidates from the merit category.
- Candidates must have scored 85 percentile or more in CAT/XAT/GMAT tests.
- Late Sh. B. K. Birla scholarship where 10 scholarships of 2 lakhs each will be given to candidates admitted under the supernumerary category from SAARC countries only.
Check BIMTECH Scholarship
Ques. What Is the application fee of BIMTECH?
Ans. The application fee for PGDM is INR 2000 and FPM/ EFPM is INR 1500.
Ques. How can I check my UGC NET 2020 Result?
Ans. Follow the steps given below to download the UGC NET Result 2020:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UGC NET – ugcnet.nta.nic.in
Step 2: On the website, click on the ‘UGC NET Result 2020’ link.
Step 3: Enter UGC NET Application Number and Date Of Birth or Password.
Step 4: The result will be displayed on the screen in the form of a scorecard.
Step 5: Candidates must download and print the result of UGC NET 2020 for future use.
Ques. What is the reservation criteria for SC/ST/OBC/EWS category candidates?
Ans. 5% of seats are reserved for ESCS (Economically & Socially Challenged Students) and SC/ST/OBC/EWS/ Minority Communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians/Parsis & Jains) to bring social diversity in the class. For achieving the goal of social inclusion and diversity, these students are also given some additional weightage in the calculation of the merit score.
Ques. What is the fee structure of BIMTECH?
Ans. The fee structure of BIMTECH is tabulated below:
Ques. How are the faculty of BIMTECH?
Ans. The faculty of BIMTECH is well-educated and experienced in their relevant fields. The prominent members of the faculty team hold Doctoral degrees in their specialized fields. The minimum qualification of the majority of the faculty members is a Master’s degree.
Check BIMTECH Faculty
Ques. What is the application fee of UGC NET 2020?
Ans. The application fee determined by NTA varies according to the category of the candidate. Candidates can pay the fees in online mode only.
|OBC (Non- Creamy Layer)/ EWS||INR 500|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||INR 250|
Ques. Does BIMTECH provide hostel accommodation?
Ans. Yes, BIMTECH provides separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel is well furnished with all the basic amenities and facilities for students.
Check BIMTECH Hostel Fees
Ques. How can I download my CAT Scorecard?
Ans. Follow the below-mentioned steps to download CAT Score Card are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the Official website.
Step 2: Click on Download CAT Score Card.
Step 3: Candidates will be redirected to the login page
Step 4: Candidate after entering their User Id and Password will be redirected to their “Account Page”
Step 5: Click on the ‘Download Scorecard’ link and download it for future correspondence