Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) has been ranked as India’s one of the top 20 institutes in Economic Research. The institute offers Post Graduate Diploma and Fellow Program in Management, Marketing, Finance, etc.
Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) Highlights
National: CAT/ XAT/ CMAT
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test followed by Personal Interview|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
- CIMP has received ‘Majestic Five Continents Award for Quality and Excellence in Geneva. - Received prestigious five international and two national awards.
- 100% placement of graduating students since the first batch.
- Launched ‘Students Guidance Centre’ (SGC) and ‘Beautiful Mind’ to benefit socially and financially deprived children.
Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) Ranking and Awards
- Ranked 3rd by Indian Institutional Ranking Framework (IIRF) among some of the top B-School in India.
- CIMP has won “Dr. J.J. Irani Award”.
- Conferred upon the ‘EQ Leadership Award’ by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in recognition of a significant contribution to leadership development in Bihar.
- CIMP has collaborated with Lancashire Business School UK to foster research in Corporate Social Responsibility.
Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) Courses
CIMP offers PG Diploma, Fellow and Development Programs in various disciplines. Tabulated below are the details for same:
Course 1: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Specialization:Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Business Analytics and Operations.
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% aggregate marks or its equivalent CGPA (45% for reserved category) and obtained a valid score in CAT/ XAT/ CMAT.
- Duration: 2 years
- Fees: INR 7,65,000
Course 2: Fellow Program in Management
- Specialization:Marketing, Finance, Organizational Behaviour, Information Systems, Communication, Human Resource Management, Operations and Quantitative Techniques.
- Eligibility: Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline with above 50% marks or equivalent CGPA and Obtained a valid score in CAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ RAT conducted by the institute.
Check: CIMP Courses and Fees
Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) Admission
Step 1: Download the application form or admission brochure from the official website of the college or obtain it from the institute.
Step 2: Fill all the required details and pay the application fee of INR 500 (INR 200 for reserved category) via online mode (Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Transfer) or through demand draft in favor of Chandragupt Institute of Management Patna, payable at Patna.
Step 3: Submit the duly filled form online or by post or in person with all the required documents.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks in any of the following exams:
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of research interest, work experience, and marks secured in any of the following exams:
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) – Read more
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – Read more
- Research Aptitude Test (RAT)
- Candidates are required to submit a proposal narrating their specific topic of research.
The break-up as per reservation policy is given below:
|Women of BC||03|
Note: 50% of the total seats would be reserved for students who qualify as a Domicile of Bihar (permanent residents only) and 3% of the total seats for Persons with Disability (PWD).
Check: CIMP Admission
Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) Placement
CIMP has an excellent record of achieving 100% campus placements for its graduate students. A number of high profile companies visit the institute for recruitment. Majority of the students get placed in sectors of their choice. The year-on-year success in placements has been the result of CIMP team’s constant engagement with the corporate world and the valuable training imparted to students. Some of the placement highlights of CIMP are as follows:
- 100% placement of eligible students
- The participating companies were from diverse verticals like Banking, Communication/Media, Dairy, Development & Social, Education Management, Financial Services, etc.
- Niche profiles in Sales and Marketing, Branch Banking, Quality, Pre-sales and Consulting, Finance and Accounts, Research and Operations were offered by the recruiting organizations.
- The largest recruiter was Bandhan Bank which hired 12 students for the position of Customer Relationship Officer (MT) followed by ICICI Bank which hired 11 students for the position of Deputy Manager (Band II).
- The job location of placements was not restricted to Bihar alone. Several companies offered positions in New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Jamshedpur, Lucknow, Ranchi, Shillong and other cities.
Top recruiters of CIMP: Tata Advanced Systems, ITC, Jeevika, ICICI Bank, HDFC AMC, Yes Bank, HDFC Bank, Asian Paints, Amul, CONFED, The Federal Bank, Future Retail Limited, IndusInd Bank, Chaitanya India Fin Credit Pvt. Ltd., Medha Learning Foundation, Pin Click Property Management Pvt. Ltd., Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd, etc.
Check: CIMP Placement
Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) Faculty
CIMP has a pool of highly qualified and experienced faculty members, most of them being alumni of reputed institutions like IIMs, IRMA, IITs, etc. Some of them are mentioned below:
Prof. Vijaya Bandyopadhyaya
- Qualification: Ph.D., PGDBM, M.Tech, B.E.
- Research Areas: Food Supply Chain Management, Entrepreneurship Development For Small Scale And Women Entrepreneurs, Modeling Uncertainties in Decision Making Process.
Prof. Rajeev Verma
- Qualification: M.Sc. (FRI, Dehradun)
- Research Areas: Services Innovation, Sports Marketing, Film and Distribution Marketing, Tourism and Hospitality Management and Health Marketing.
Prof. Jyoti Verma
- Qualification: Ph.D.in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management.
- Research Areas: Knowledge Management and Knowledge Sharing, Attitudes and Job Satisfaction, Talent Acquisition and Management and Strategic LeadershipInnovation in Services.
Prof. Anuj Sharma
- Qualification: FPM, M. Tech, B. E.
- Research Areas: Machine Learning, Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Data Mining, Web 2.0, Business Analytics and Digital Marketing.
Check: CIMP Faculty
About Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP)
Established in the year 2008, the institute is approved by Ministry of HRD, All India Council for Technical Education (AICET), New Delhi and has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The institute was established with the objective of contributing substantially to the academic and development credentials of Bihar, while fulfilling the primary role of training students to become effective managers.
Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) Facilities
The institute is spread over an area of 10 acres providing state-of-the-art eco-friendly Wi-Fi enabled campus located in the education hub. A brief about the same is listed below:
- State of the art Library Research Centre
- Air-conditioned auditorium with a seating capacity of 500 students.
- Well-equipped and State-of-the-art computer lab with the latest hardware.
- Language lab for language tutorials.
- Audio-visual devices
- Quality Improvement Cell
- Startup Incubation Centre and Business Innovation Lab
- Research and Consulting Activities
Chandragupt Institute of Management (CIMP) FAQs
Ques. Has CIMP achieved 100% placement for previous batches? What is the average and highest pay package p.a. of the institute?
Ans. Yes, the institute has achieved 100% placement. All the graduating students of the previous 10 batches got placed successfully. The placement package details are listed below:
|Placement Year||Average Salary||Highest Salary|
Ques. Does CIMP help in getting a bank loan?
Ans. Yes, CIMP helps students in getting an education loan from the leading nationalized banks. This will, however, be subject to the ability of the candidate to fulfill the terms and conditions of the respective bank.
Ques. What are the scholarship available to the students?
Ans. CIMP facilitates the education of economically backward students through Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW) as proposed by AICTE. The proposed scheme will be applicable only to the students having parents’ annual income (from all sources) less than INR 8 lakhs. The total number of seats under this category will not exceed 5% of the total intake of the students.
Under Meritorious Girl Student Scholarship (MGSS) Scheme, scholarship will be given to top 3 girl students securing place in top 10 positions in the batch, every academic year.
Ques. Are students required to stay in the campus?
Ans. PGDM Programme offered by CIMP is a two-year fully residential program. Students have to stay on campus during the program.