FMS Delhi Admission 2020: Eligibility, Forms, Selection Criteria
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) is one of the oldest B-schools in the country, offers MBA, MBA (Executive), MBA–HCA (Executive), Diploma in Management Development and Ph.D. in Management Studies at UG, PG and Doctorate levels.
FMS Delhi Quick Updates 2020
FMS Delhi admissions 2020 have started. Last Date to Register is November 25, 2019.
- For admission to the MBA program, at FMS the candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The application form is available online at the institute’s official website.
- Selection to MBA and Ph.D. courses is based on a valid CAT score.
- The candidates seeking admission in MBA (Exe.) and MBA–HCA (Exe.) must have a graduation degree with an executive work experience of at least five years.
- The selection of candidates in the Executive programs will be based on the General Ability Test (Management Aptitude & General Awareness).
Read about FMS Delhi Courses & Fee
FMS Delhi Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the Institute ||Faculty of Management Studies|
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MBA (Exe), Ph.D.|
|Basic Eligibility Requirements||MBA - Bachelor’s Degree|
|MBA (Exe) - Bachelor’s Degree and Executive Experience|
|Ph.D.- Master’s Degree/M.Phil.|
|Mode of Application ||Online|
|Application Fee||INR. 1000/- (INR. 350/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates)|
|Basic Admission Criteria||CAT/GAT followed by an Interview|
| FMS Delhi Registration || 10 Oct - 25 Nov, 2019 ||Apply|
FMS Delhi MBA Admissions 2020
|No. of Elective Courses||8|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks|
|Total No. of Seats Available||251 seats|
|Course Fees per annum||INR. 48,000/- per semester|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam|
|Name of Entrance||CAT|
At FMS, MBA is offered with the following Elective Courses:
- Culture and Philosophy
- Economics and Public Policy
- Information Technology Management
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behaviour and & Human Resource Management
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks (45% in the case of SC/ST candidates).
FMS Delhi MBA Selection Process:
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the CAT exam followed by an Interview.
- For the purpose of shortlisting candidates for the Interview Process, different weightage will be assigned to the scores of different sections of the CAT exam.
|CAT Exam Section||Score Weightage|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning ||30%|
|Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||40%|
- From the shortlisted candidates, admission to the MBA program will be based on Extempore Speech, Group Discussion, Personal Interview, Class X & Class XII marks and CAT score.
- The following criteria will be applied for drawing the merit list of final selection:
|Marks obtained in Class X||5%|
|Marks obtained in Class XII||5%|
- An additional 3% of the maximum aggregate marks shall be awarded to the women candidates who appear for the interview while drawing the list of selected candidates.
The candidates will be required to produce their original certificates and mark sheets at the time of the interview. The final list of candidates selected will be declared after completing the process for all candidates.
CAT Cut Off for FMS Delhi
FMS releases its own Cutoff list for CAT.
- The average cut-off for all the MBA courses for the General Category was 99 percentile.
- For the OBC Category, the cut-off was 91 percentile.
- The average cut-off for the SC and ST categories was 79 and 61 percentile, respectively.
“Placements and job opportunities wise it is one of the best B-schools in India. The placement package ranges from INR. 6 to 20 lakh p.a” -
Shivani S – ( MBA (FT))
FMS Delhi Executive MBA Program Admissions 2020
|No. of Elective Courses||2|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||Bachelors/Masters degree with 45% or 55% marks respectively|
|Total No. of Seats Available||250 seats [200 for MBA (Exe.) 50 for HCA]|
|Course Fees||INR. 96,000/- payable in two equal installments of INR. 48,000/-|
|Selection Process||Entrance Test|
|Entrance Exam Name||General Ability Test|
Candidates seeking admission to the MBA (Exe.) program must possess a valid UG degree along with some form of executive work experience. The program is offered under two different specializations:
- Healthcare Administration (HCA)
FMS Delhi Executive MBA Eligibility Criteria:
- General: Bachelor’s Degree with at least 45% with at least 5 years of experience as an executive or an administrator in a commercial/government establishment/registered organization after passing the Bachelor’s degree examination.
- HCA: Bachelor’s Degree with at least 45% aggregate marks in MBBS/BDS/ BAMS/BUMS/BHMS or a Master's Degree with 55% marks.
FMS Delhi Executive MBA Selection Criteria:
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following:
- Academics (Graduation): 2 marks for every 5% marks over and above 40% marks subject to a maximum of 20 marks.
- Executive Experience: 2 marks for every one year of completed experience beyond 5 years of experience subject to a maximum of 20 marks.
- General Ability Test: A candidate is required to take a test on Management Aptitude and General Awareness as per the Date and Time to be announced by FMS.
- Extempore followed by a Personal Interview.
Note: Candidates should either be sponsored or produce a- No Objection Certificate to pursue the program from his/her present employer.
FMS Delhi Ph.D. Admissions 2020
|No. of Elective Courses||8|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||Masters Degree with a minimum of 50% marks|
|Total No. of Seats Available||30|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam|
|Name of Entrance Exam||CAT or UGC/NET and CSIR/NET|
At the doctoral level, the institute offers a Ph.D. in management studies. The maximum number of intake of Ph.D. students is 30. The students will be selected in various functional areas:
- Organizational Behaviour
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Management
- Management of Information Technology
- Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Management of Science and Managerial Economics
Eligibility:The candidate must possess a Master’s Degree/M.Phil. or a Postgraduate degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks.
FMS Delhi Ph.D. Selection Criteria:
Candidates (except those exempted from admission test) seeking admission to the doctoral program are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT).
The following candidates are exempted from the CAT exam for admission to the Ph.D. program:
- Teachers of the University of Delhi holding permanent, temporary or ad-hoc positions and having completed two years of service as a teacher in aDepartment/Constituent College of the University of Delhi.
- Applicants in receipt of national fellowships such as:
- University Teaching Assistantship
- JRF through UGC/NET and CSIR/NET
- Fellowship of CSIR/ICAR/ICSSR/ICHR/ICMR or from any other recognized Government Institutions/Organizations
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowships of UGC for SC/ST
- SAP Fellowships of UGC
- Project JRF/Project Assistant
- Candidates with UGC (Non-NET) Fellowship
Note: All eligible candidates, including those declared successful in the CAT exam, will be required to appear for a Personal Interview to be considered for admission to the doctoral program at FMS.
How to Apply FMS Delhi ?
The application forms are available online. To register, the candidates must visit the official FMS website.
- Register and create a login id.
- Sign in and proceed with the application form.
- Enter the mandatory details.
- Upload the necessary documents:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Work-experience certificate
- Caste certificate
- Review the information.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Confirm the registration.
- Submit the form.
- Candidates must note down the Application Number for future reference.
Registration Fee:INR. 1000/- (INR. 350/- for Reserved Category Candidates)
The application fee can be paid online via Internet Payment Gateway, through Debit/Credit Card.
The candidates will be required to produce their original certificates and mark sheets at the time of the interview.
FMS Delhi Reservation Criteria
Under the discipline of the MBA Program, there are a total of 251 seats.
Under the discipline of MBA (Exe) and MBA (HCA), the college provides the following reservation criteria:
|MBA (Executive) ||MBA Executive (HCA)|
|Total Seats: 159||Total Seats: 39|
FMS Delhi Scholarships Schemes
The institute offers the following scholarships:
- OPJEMS (O.P. Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarship) is awarded to the first ten toppers of the 1st and 2nd-year students of management institutes based on the following criteria:
- 1st-year students: entrance exam ranking considered by the college at the time of the admission
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-year students based on the academic performance of the previous year
- NTPC: The scholarship is applicable only for full-time candidates, During the scholarship, the candidates will receive a grant for only INR. 4000/- per month for 2 years.
Aside from the above-mentioned scholarships, the institute also offers two more scholarships, namely:
- Aditya Birla Group Scholarship
- Central Government Scholarship for SC/ST students
Ques. Can the registration fee be paid via demand draft?
Ans. No, the application fee has to be paid via Internet Payment Portal available. The fee can be paid through Debit/Credit card.
Ques. What is the application process for Foreign Nationals seeking admission in MBA?
Ans. All Foreign Nationals seeking admission to the MBA program should apply through the office of the Deputy Dean (Foreign Students), Conference Centre, opposite Botany Department, University of Delhi, Delhi–110 007.
Ques. As a Foreign National, what is the minimum GMAT score required for admission to Ph.D.?
Ans. Foreign Nationals with Indian or foreign degrees, must possess a valid mandatory minimum GMAT Score of 650. Such candidates must have a fellowship from their country of origin and/or recognized international agencies. Foreign Nationals with foreign degrees are required to submit both GMAT as well as TOEFL scores.
Ques. Does FMS offer Hostel accommodations?
Yes, the institute does provide hostel accommodation facilities to the students of the MBA (Full-Time) Programme at the Post Graduate hostels of the University of Delhi.
The students should directly contact the office of the concerned hostel and apply for it according to their admission procedure.
Ques. When will the registration process for the CAT commence?
Ans. The application process of CAT (Common Admission Test) will begin from the first week of August and will end during the third week of September.
Ques. Is FMS a government-aided institute?
Ans. FMS of Delhi University is the department of Management Education at the university campus. It is ranked 8th in the list of Best Government Colleges for MBA in India rank wise.
Ques. Is Hostel compulsory in FMS Delhi?
Ans. MBA at FMS Delhi isn’t a residential program, thus, the hostel accommodation isn’t mandatory.
Ques. Does FMS consider past academics?
Admission to the MBA program at FMA is granted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the CAT exam followed by an Interview.
For the purpose of shortlisting the candidates, FMS follows the below-mentioned criteria to give some weightage to the past academic scores:
- CAT Score - 60%
- Marks obtained in Class X - 5%
- Marks obtained in Class XII - 5%
- Group Discussion - 10%
- Extempore - 5%
- Personal Interview - 15%
Ques. What is the fee structure of FMS Delhi?
Ans. FMS Delhi has quite an affordable fee structure. The average fee for the MBA program varies around INR. 48,000/- per annum. The annual fee for the MBA Executive Program is around INR. 96,000/- which is payable in two equal installments of INR. 48,000/-
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College