Galgotias University School of Business - [SOB] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Galgotias Business School, popularly known as GBS is a Business school and part of Galgotias Educational Institutions which are now become Galgotias University since 2011. Galgotias Business School was established in 2007 as the third college in the league of Galgotias Educational Institutions. GBS is AICTE approved institute providing PGDM courses and provides degrees equivalent to MBA under Gautam Buddh Technical University
- Owing to its highly capable faculty, quality teaching, outstanding infrastructure, and learning procedures, this institution is evolving as the chosen institute for students opting for higher studies.
- GBS campus is setup with the state of art facilities on the eight lane expressway connecting Greater Noida, Noida and Delhi which is the old campus of Galgotias University.
- Role-play, project work, case study, assignment, quiz, seminars, field experience, industry visits are some of the means used in Galgotias Business School and its academics is fully geared and well equipped to train future managers/executives.
- Galgotias Educational Institutions are the favorite destination for the recruiters. Some prominent recruiters of GBS are- Accenture, HDFC, ICICI, Citi Bank, Cognizant, Infosys etc.
Research: Galgotias Business School encourages students and also faculties to carry on various research activities. Some of the recent topics on which research have been conducted are given below:
- E-content development to provide education Support to all level of professional and businessmen
- Probabilistic Segmentation model for consumer durable companies with reference to Godrej to boost sales and reduces marketing costs
- Framework for developing content to make e-distribution of knowledge effective
Extracurricular: Galgotias Business School encourages its students to take part in extracurricular activities so that they can become all-rounder. Some of the clubs which organize such activities are:
- Galgotias Techub
- AeroModelling Club
- Basketball Club
- CamCircle - Photography Club
- Chauraha - Dramatics Club
- Cricket Club
- Football Club
- LingoFreaks - Literary Club
- Table Tennis Club
- Model United Nations Club
Facilities: Galgotias Business School provides state of the art modern infrastructure to the students so that they face no obstruction in studies and daily activities. The campus is spread over a sprawling area of 19 acres of land and is surrounded by a lush green landscape and is totally pollution free. Some of the facilities are mentioned below:
- Online Learning and Teaching (OLT) is used.
- Computational facilities with Pentium-IV personal computers.
- Fully secure and contented separate hostels for boys and girls.
- Fully air-conditioned spacious classrooms equipped with LCD projectors.
Library: The library is well stocked, covering a varied range of topics on all related fields
- It is well-endowed with around 55, 000 volumes with 6, 100 titles.
- It has 3000 text and reference books, 45 national and international journals.
- Audio-Visual library Section of the library consist of 535 CDs.11
- It is computerized and air-conditioned and has internet facility.
- Reading room with a capacity of 200 and separate reference section is available.
- Digital library is also available. It provides access to 792 e-Journals, transactions and conference proceedings.
- The center has total of 860 computers of which 8 are present in Research & Development Cell.
- There are 5 servers and the connectivity among the computers is provided through Optical Fiber, UTP
- The Institute has 21 licensed softwares for various needs.
- The Computer Center has power backup of 165 KVA
- The institute has established its own Radio Microwave Link facility with a high speed of 4 mbps via RF computer for academic use.
Festival: Galgotias Business School encourages its students to take part in festivals that are conducted by the institution and managed by the students themselves so that they learn cultural values, management techniques and leadership skills.
- G-Quasar: It is the annual fest of Galgotias University. This fest comprises technical and cultural events and takes place in March or February.
Ranking: Galgotias Business School has been ranked among the best institutions by prestigious agencies and publications due to its academic excellence. Some of the rankings are-
- 17th rank in the ICMR- 4PS B&M B School Survey 2012.
- 20th rank in intellectual Capital by India's Best B-School Survey by Business World.
- 59th rank by The Week among Top B-Schools.
- Ranked 24th in the comprehensive survey of the Best 'B-Schools' in India for the year 2009 by Zee Business in partnership with World's 3rd biggest rating agency " IPSOS-Indica".
Some of the awards are:
- Galgotias Business School was awarded at the 18th Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta Business School Awards ceremony in Mumbai on 24th November 2010.
- CRISIL Business School grading provided A* national level and A** state level.
- Business India best B-school survey awarded it with A+ rating.
- Received the prestigious academic excellence award by Sri Shriprakash Jaiswal, Ministry of State of Home Affairs for best academic infrastructure and faculty.
- India Achievers Podium provided the certificate of excellence for the best management institute from NCR (Noida).
Scholarship: Galgotia’s Business School offers scholarships to the meritorious candidates based on her/his academic performance in qualifying examinations and also during academic program:
- 100% tuition fee waiver to the toppers (1st Rank Holder) of all the Board/University.
- 50% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students having scored gold or silver medal at the national level/state level in sports or have some model attainments.
- 20% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students scoring at least 70% tile in CAT or above 700 marks in MAT.
- 25% tuition fee abdication for students securing 93% aggregate/PCM and above in class 12 or 80% marks in graduation.