Global Business School and Research Centre (GBSRC), Pune is accredited with Grade ‘A’ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The school provides courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level in the field of management. Admission to these courses is done through an entrance test conducted at the institute level. However, GBSRC also accepts score in CMAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, etc.
Global Business School Pune Highlights
|Type of Institute||Deemed University|
|Affiliating University||Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Society|
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
Dr. DY Patil Global School Courses
Tabulated below are the courses offered by the Global Business School and Research Centre under various specializations:
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||Marketing Management||Intermediate graduate from any stream with 45% marks|
|Media, Communications & Management|
|Human Resource Management|
|International Business Management|
|Masters of Business Administration (MBA)||Pharmaceutical Management||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks (45% for reserved categories)|
|Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Management|
|Hospital & Health Care Management|
|Ph.D.||Travel, Tourism & Hospitality||Master’s degree in MBA or Management related subjects with 55% marks|
Know more: GBSRC Courses & Fees
Eligible candidates seeking admission must register themselves for admission procedure by the following step:
Step 1: Visit the website http://admissions.dpu.edu.in to apply online for admission
Step 2: Fill in your basic details and click on the “Apply Now” button.
Step 3: You will have your dashboard open right in front of you. You will also receive a welcome mail containing a login ID and password on your registered e-mail.
Step 4: Fill the application form completely and carefully. Upload all the necessary documents.
Step 5: You will now be required to pay the application fee. It can easily be paid through Netbanking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
Step 6: After the completion of payment, click on “Submit”. Before submitting the form, make sure all the information filled is correct and true.
Step 7: Take the printout of your application form and fee receipt for future references.
Global Business School and Research Centre conduct an entrance exam for admission into its academic programs. Students are required to apply for the same through the official website of the Institute. However, for MBA, students who have appeared for CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA will be exempted from the entrance test.
Read more: GBSRC Admission
The placement cell of the institute is responsible for managing the placement process on campus for the students. It organizes pre-placement activities like seminars, mock interviews, expert talks, workshops, etc to help the students understand the process. Since inception, students have been placed in reputed organizations and companies. Offers have been made from sectors like Retail, IT, Biotechnology, E-Commerce, Hospital & Healthcare, Consulting, etc.
Placement Highlights 2018-19
|Total companies visited||105|
|Total students placed||80|
|Highest CTC||INR 13 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 7.5 LPA|
|Minimum CTC||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Highest Stipend||INR 20000 per month|
The following graph shows the placement status of the students currently studying in the school or has been placed:
Some of the major recruiters of the B-school include HDFC Bank, Reliance, Indiabulls, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Mother Dairy, Parle Agro, IndusInd Bank, Parrogate, Capgemini, Bajaj Capital, KPIT, Blue Dart, ICICI Bank, Lemontree Hotel, Renault, etc.
Check here: GBSRC Placement
Following are the facilities offered by the Global Business School to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: The institute has a well-stocked library with a collection of 13000 books and dozens of periodicals including the latest publications in Management, Information Technology, E-commerce, etc.
- Hostels: The B-school provides hostel facilities to female students within the campus. For boys, it provides a residential facility on demand.
- Seminar Hall: The institute has an aesthetically and acoustically designed state of the art seminar hall with audiovisual aid. It is best suited for seminars, guest lectures, workshops, etc.
- Computer Lab: There is a LAN enabled computer lab that is well equipped with the latest tools and technologies.
Global Business School and Research Centre (GBSRC), Pune was established in 2006. It is affiliated to Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Pune, Deemed University and recognized by UGC. The mission of the institute is developing global knowledge leaders in the field of management through high-quality Business Education programs. It is located at Tathawade on the Bangalore-Mumbai National Highway, a distance of 13 km from Pune railway station and 15 km from Pune airport.
Given below is a brief about the faculty member of the Business School:
Dr. Chetan Chaudhari
- Qualifications: B.E.(Production), MBA (Marketing), and Ph.D.(Management)
- Contributions: Published 10 national and 11 international research papers
Dr. Hansraj Thorat
- Qualifications: M.Com, M.Phil, Ph.D., and G.D.C.& A
- Contributions: Published 16 books and guided a total of 94 projects
Dr. Vidya Nakhate
- Qualifications: B.Pharma, MBA, M.Phil, Ph.D., NET (Management)
- Contributions: Published 14 national and 11 international research papers
Dr. Snehal Maheshkar
- Qualifications: B.Sc, MBA, Ph.D., FDP, NIIT Diploma
- Contributions: Published 12 national and 3 international research papers
Dr. Leena Dam
- Qualifications: B.Com, B.Ed, PGDHRM, M.Com, SLET, and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published 7 national and 11 international research papers
Check: GBSRC Faculty