Updated On - September 20th 2018
Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai a top-flight business school and one of the best institutes in southern states. It was founded in 2004 by Bala V. Balachandran. In 2011 as part of its plans to expand its presence across India, Great Lakes Institute of Management launched its campus in Gurgaon. Now, it has two campuses, one on the outskirts of Chennai and one in Gurgaon, Delhi NCR.
Institute offers two full time and many corporate courses and is approved by AICTE. The PGPM Course at Great Lakes is the only One-year management course in India approved by the AICTE. The institute accepts GMAT, CAT and XAT scores for admission. Ranked among the top management institutes, this college offers a tremendous amount of campus placements in very good known companies like Microsoft, Bajaj Capital, Ranbaxy etc.
Great Lakes Institute of Management Highlights
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
Manamai Village Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Great Lakes Institute of Management Courses Offered
The two full-time courses offered by this institute include PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) and PGPM (Post Graduate Program in Management). These programs are offered in various specializations i.e. Finance, Marketing, Operations, IT& Economics, Business Analytics, OB & Strategy. Great Lakes offers some corporate courses too. Some of them are following-
1. Postgraduate Executive Program in Management (PGXPM)
2. Postgraduate program in management flex (PGPM Flex)
3. The postgraduate certificate program in Healthcare Management (PGCP-HCM) etc.
Read About Great Lakes Institute of Management Fees
Great Lakes Institute of Management Admission
- The registration for all courses is done in online mode only. Interested candidates can submit the application form on the official website of the institute. Aspirants are suggested to check eligibility before applying for the program.
- Candidates must fulfill the work experience criteria for certain courses.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT score and Group Discussion/ Personal Interview.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks will be called for GD and PI round.
- Qualified candidates in all rounds will be considered for admission.
Know more about Great Lakes Institute of Management Admission
Great Lakes Institute of Management Placement
Great Lakes has developed into one of India's leading business schools in a short span of 9 years and is being looked at by the corporate world as a Centre of Excellence in Management.
Check Great Lakes Institute of Management Placement
Great Lakes Institute of Management Ranking
- Business World magazine has ranked Great Lakes 15th in intellectual capital and 18th in overall.
- Ranked 19th amongst Indian B-schools by Business India.
- It bags MMA Award for ‘Managerial Excellence’.
- The college bags the Gold Award at the 4th Indian Management Conclave Awards.
- Great Lakes was placed at rank 16th with JBIMS and MICA by a Carrres360 CNN-IBN survey.
Great Lakes Institute of Management Centers of Excellence
Being a hub for management research and leadership, Institute has also created multiple Centers of Excellence:-
- Yale-Great Lakes Centre For Management Research
- Centre For Excellence in Retail Management
- Centre for Excellence in Technopreneurship [CET]
- Kotler - Srinivasan Centre for Research in Marketing
- Centre for Excellence in Business Analytics and Business Intelligence.
Great Lakes Institute of Management Extracurricular
Students of Great Lakes are involved in various extracurricular activities such as- publishing, conferences and social work-
The students have their own bi-annual magazine called GRAVITY.
- This magazine provides students, faculty and other stakeholders a platform to write about the topic of their interest. Articles are invited from colleges across India and the theme of the magazine is in accordance with the latest trends in the management space.
- It portrays the culture of learning and innovation.
- It contains brilliant articles and interviews that reflect the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- It also encapsulates the success stories of the best entrepreneurs in the world.
- North American Society for Marketing Education in India Conference
- International Entrepreneurship Conference
- Successful Women in Management
- Yale-Great Lakes International Research Conference
- Great Lakes Financial Conference
- HR Conclave
- International Business Analytics Conference
- ISDSI Conference
US President and Great Lakers are involved in the noble cause of doing social work in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and Lonavala. Around fifty student associates along with the faculty are involved in this type of contribution to the society on a regular basis.
Great Lakes Institute of Management Facilities
Being one of the best infrastructures in the world and spread across 27 acres of land it is one of the few LEED Platinum rated green campus. College provides the following facilities-
- The total size of the Resource Centre surpasses 5000 books and more than 1000 AV resources.
- It also includes various research databases like ISI Emerging Markets, Proquest, EBSCO, CMIE and Indiastat.com.
- Using OPAC, users can search and know the latest additions of books and periodicals and the status of a document.
- It has excellent recreation and sports facilities on campus for Yoga, Basketball, Badminton, Table Tennis etc.
- The gymnasium is equipped with the latest fitness tools such as exercise bikes, stability ball, Multi stations, treadmills, slant board, and free weights.