GITAM Hyderabad Business School (GITAM HBS), a constituent of GITAM (Deemed to be University), Hyderabad, is an institution of quality management education, research, executive training, and consultancy. It offers management degree programs of UG, PG and Doctoral Level. The placements are available for MBA Course and the highest package bagged by GITAM students was 16.5 LPA while the average package rose up to 5.25 LPA.
GITAM HBS Highlights
|Courses||UG, PG and Ph.D|
|Mode of Application||Online|Note:
- Member of AMDISA (SAQS Accreditation in Process)
- The Week-Hansa Research Best B-Schools Survey 2018 – 69th Rank (All India Top Private B-Schools); 30th Rank (South
- Zone); 4th (Top B-Schools in Hyderabad)
- Careers360 India’s Best B Schools Survey 2019- 8th Rank among Top B-Schools in Hyderabad
- 44th Rank at the national level in Careers360 Best B-School Survey 2017
- ASSOCHAM National Excellence Award 2016 under the category of Best B-School for Promoting Research
GITAM HBS Courses
GITAM HBS offers Trimester based two-year full-time MBAProgramme, M.Phil and Ph.D. in management as well as the undergraduate programs: BBA, BBA (Financial Markets) in collaboration with NSE Academy, BBA with CIMA, BBA (Business Analytics) and BCom (Hons.) with ACCA.
|BBA||With CIMA, Financial Markets in Collaboration with NSE Academy||50% aggregate marks in 10+2 or Intermediate from a recognized Board.|
|B. Com ||Hons.||50% aggregate marks in 10+2.|
|MBA||Dual Specialization, Executive MBA||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks with at least two years of work experience|
|M.Phil/Ph.D||--||Postgraduate Degree with at least 50% marks.|
The following fee structure includes books, study material, formal attire and other common facilities. The first installment of the fee is due to be paid at the time of issue of allotment letter.
Total Fees for MBA: INR 7,20,600
Mode of Payment: All the payments have to be made on or before the date mentioned. The fee can either be paid through RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement) or in the form of a DD / Pay Order drawn in favor of “GITAM Hyderabad Business School Receipts” payable at Hyderabad.
Read More GITAM HBS Courses and Fees
GITAM HBS Admissions
Application form Brochure and Application Form can be obtained by payment of Rs. 700/- through the following means, within the datelines, specified earlier: By post (enclosing DD or pay order drawn in favor of “GITAM Hyderabad Business School Receipts” payable at Hyderabad)
On-line application can be accessed through Click here
An off-line application can be accessed through Click here Admission Test
- Admission is through HBSAT-2019. Candidates with valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT scores are exempted from HBSAT-2019.
- HBSAT 2019 is compulsory for those applicants who have not taken any of the other valid tests and is optional for those who already possess any of the above scores.
- Foreign students and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take the GMAT at a test centre outside India
Note: GITAM HBS uses CAT scores only for screening applications for admission and IIMs have no role in the conduct of Hyderabad Business School academic programme.
Phase 1: Candidates who have appeared for HBSAT or furnished valid CAT/MAT/GMAT/XAT/NMAT/ATMA score and have applied to GITAM HBS will be shortlisted on the basis of information provided in the application form, HBSAT /CAT /MAT/GMAT/ATMA/XAT/NMAT score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience.
Phase 2: Only short-listed candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process. Group discussion, personal interview besides other qualitative parameters will constitute the core components of the final stage of the selection process.
Read More GITAM HBS Admissions
GITAM HBS Placements
The placement cell at GITAM HBS focuses on identifying students’ potential and help them reach the right place that aligns with their career goals.
The placement cell aims to fulfill the following:
- Understand the demands of the changing needs of Industries and equip students with these specialized skills to meet Industry requirements
- Enhance students’ skills and groom them to challenge the current trends in the market.
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset to become global business leaders
- Create personalities who are ready to face the competitive market
- Build soft skills among students to sustain in any organization
Below graph represents split up of placement percentage in different sectors
Note: Placement Cell provides final placement assistance only for students pursuing MBA (Dual Specialization)
- Highest Package offered: 16.5 LPA
- Average Package offered: 5.25 LPA
- Placement Record - 100%
Top recruiters of GITAM are Infosys, American Express, HCL, Wipro, Samsung, Microsoft, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank etc.
Read More GITAM HBS Placements
GITAM HBS Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the University to the students:
- Library: It has a rich collection of over 34 lakh books and e-journals, 8494 national and international print journals. The library is provided with INFONET services that facilitate online access to e-books and journals.
- Hostels: The University has 2 boys and 2 girls hostels for the students studying in its academic programs. It provides facilities like Wi-Fi, Safe drinking water, Round the clock security, Availability of qualified doctors and a resident warden.
- Laboratories: It provides excellent opportunities to the faculty and students for conducting innovative research in multiple disciplines. It has the most modern computer labs equipped with high-end software systems. It serves with 5 Gbps of internet speed to students.
- Computer/ IT Facility: The Institute has a computer lab with 204 desktops and internet facility exclusively for Management students. The institute has a computer lab consisting of 120 computers and English language learning lab with internet facility on all computers.
About GITAM HBS
GITAM Hyderabad Business School (GITAM HBS), a constituent of GITAM (Deemed to be University), Hyderabad, is an institution of quality management education, research, executive training, and consultancy. GITAM (Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management) is Deemed to be University, established under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, established in 1980 in Visakhapatnam with off-campuses at Hyderabad and Bengaluru. GITAM has been accredited by NAAC with A+ Grade. Ministry of HRD recognized GITAM as Category ‘1’ University and granted Graded Autonomy. GITAM has also been recognized by UGC as a Research University and accorded 12 B status.
GITAM HBS Faculty
Name: Dr Y Lakshman Kumar
Name: Dr.Raavi Radhika
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: MBA, M Com, MPhil, PGDBM, PhD
- Area of Specialization: Finance
Name: Ms. Mausumi Dash
- Designation: Lecturer
- Qualification: MBA
Name: Dr C. Nagapriya
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: PhD, UGC-NET and APSET (2012)
Ms. U. Bhavani Sharada
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: M.A
- Specialization: HRM
GITAM HSB FAQs
Ques. Is It true that cut offs were high for the MBA Program at GITAM?
Ans. It is true that the cut-offs were high in the past when the intake was low at 120 for MBA. However, as the institute has increased their intake to about 240, GIM would be short-listing more candidates for the admissions. Hence the cut-offs would obviously come down considerably. For more information, click here
Ques. Does GIM offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Ans. Merit cum Means scholarships are available for economically poor students after admission.
Ques. How GIM BBA or MBA (integrated) are different from other BBMs, BBAs or B.Com?
Ans. GIM is the first institute to offer BBM in the state. Since 1988, over 2000 students were graduated and successfully placed in career across the world. The present curriculum is updated and will prepare the students for higher education, professional certifications (CA, CS, ICWA etc), Entrepreneurship or Jobs.
Ques. Does GIM have separate admission process for students from abroad?
Ans. Candidates of Indian Origin (NRI) need to go-through the same process by submitting application with all documents. However candidates of foreign origin need to approach Chairperson- Admissions by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance.