Latest Update: IBS Pune online test IBSAT will be a proctored online test. The exam will be conducted on December 26, 2020 and December 27, 2020.
ICFAI Business School, Pune, popularly known as IBS Pune, is one of the branches of the IBS group. The college offers UG, PG, and Doctoral courses in Management out of which the popular course is the Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) also known as MBA. The admission of students on the basis of marks obtained by the students in the IBSAT test conducted by the college itself. The cut off for the Pune branch falls around 66 percentile.
Talking about the placements, ICFAI Business School Pune has a 99% placement rate with the highest CTC of 16 LPA for National students. Students are placed in well-reputed companies like Wipro, Zomato, Google, Oracle, Aditya Birla Group, TATA Consultancy Services, etc.
IBS Pune Highlights
|Established | Type||1995 | Private|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral | Management|
|Selection criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Application mode | Fee||Online | INR 1800|
|Top recruiters||ICICI Securities, HDFC Bank. BYJU'S, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, HCL Technologies, etc.|
|Official website | Contact number||https://www.ibsindia.org/ibs-pune/ | 020-30062300|
IBS Pune Rankings
- 5th Rank by CSR GHRDC among Top 49 B-Schools of Excellence.
- ‘A+’ Grade by Business & Management Chronicle’ B-School ratings.
- Institutional appreciation Award by AIMS International.
- B-School with Best Industry Interface by Dewang Mehta B-School Awards.
- ‘A++’ by Business India.
IBS Pune Courses
IBS Pune offers BBA, MBA, and Ph.D. to its applicants. A brief about major courses is given below:
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: 50% in 10+2 with English.
- MBA/ PGPM (Post Graduate Programme in Management) is a two-year degree course in management that is affiliated to ICFAI University.
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility- Graduate + IBSAT score + GD + PI.
Read More: IBS Pune Courses and Fee Structure
IBS Pune Admission
ICFAI Business School, Pune, admit students on the basis of merits as well as entrance scores. For the BBA program, students are given admission on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2. For the MBA/ PGPM program, students with CAT, IBSAT, GMAT, NMAT test scores are eligible to apply. Final admissions are given to the shortlisted students.
How to apply?
To apply for admission, applicants must register themselves online on the official website of the college. For the registration:
- Applicants must fill the online application form.
- Attach the required documents.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1,800 via credit/debit cards or net banking.
Read More: IBS Pune Admissions
IBS Pune Placements
The placement cell at IBS Pune provides students with an ample number of opportunities to find suitable jobs in the corporate world with both small and large firms. The placement cell is known to have an excellent placement record.
IBS Class of 2019 has been placed in Banking and Financial Services, Consulting, Technology as well as in Media, Research and E-Commerce spaces. For the batch of 2019,
- The average placement package was 6.32 lakhs per annum.
- The highest national placement package was 16.05 lakhs per annum.
- The highest international placement package was 13.40 lakhs per annum.
- Top recruiters included Google, Amul, Zomato, Wipro, Oracle, Vedanta, TNS, Colgate, DLF, Deloitte, JustDial, Kotak, etc.
Read More: IBS Pune Placements
IBS Pune Faculty
The faculty of ICFAI Business School Pune is highly qualified with Ph.D. and M.Phil degrees in their relevant fields and have both teaching and industry experiences. The members are working at high posts at IBS Pune, below are details of some core faculty members of ICAFI Business School faculty:
- Prof. Jyoti Abhay Tilak
- Designation: Director-in-charge
- Qualification: M.Phil, MA, and M.Lib.
- Specialization: Economics
- Experience: 20 years (Teaching) and 8 years (Industry)
- Prof. Nalinthigal Ram Gopal
- Designation: Deputy Director & Deputy Campus Head (Academic Coordinator)
- Qualification: MPM, EPLM, PGDHR &PM, PGDIHL, BCom
- Specialization: Soft Skills
- Experience: 11 years (Teaching) and 28.6 years (Industry)
- Prof. Soumitra Sankar Samadaar
- Designation: Deputy Director for Placements
- Qualification: B.Tech, PGDM (IIM-C)
- Specialization: GM/ Law
- Experience: 3.5 years (Teaching) and 31 years (Industry)
- Dr. Neha Parashar
- Designation: Dean for Examinations.
- Qualification: Ph.D., MBA, and M.Com
- Specialization: Finance
- Experience: 14 Years (Teaching)
- Dr. Manisha Saxena
- Designation: Dean and Deputy aco.
- Qualification: Ph.D., MBA, PGD (Training &Development)
- Specialization: OB/ HRM
- Experience: 17 (Teaching) and 2 years (Industry)
IBS Pune Student Activities
- Treks, sports tournaments, matches, and competitions.
- IBS Pune has its own students Newsletter published quarterly called ‘Prerana’.
- A students’ annual event (Zeal) is organized by students.
- Annual Conference, "Yes! Finance Minister" is a regular event.