Latest Update: IBS Hyderabad online test IBSAT will be a proctored online test. The exam will be conducted on December 26, 2020 and December 27, 2020.
ICFAI Business School (IBS) Hyderabad was established in 1985, is a constituent of the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), a deemed University as per the UGC Act 1956. Ranked 25 for MBA by NIRF 2020, 8 for Private MBA by Outlook 2020 and 25 for BBA by India Today 2020, IBS Hyderabad is considered among top business schools in India. It is a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)-USA, accredited to NAAC with ‘A’ grade, has been re-accredited by SAQS (South Asian Quality Standards), is rated A** by CRISIL (national-level) and has received EB2 IN by ICRA.
Known for its flagship MBA programme, IBS Hyderabad also offers BBA, BA, E-MBA and PhD programmes in the field of Management. This institute offers one of the largest MBA programmes in Asia .
The academic units of IBS Hyderabad are organised into five departments, namely Finance & Accounting, Marketing & Strategy, Economics, Operations & IT and Human Resources and Soft Skills.
IBS Hyderabad Highlights
Some of the chief highlights around ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad are mentioned below:
|Year of establishment||1985|
|Also known as||IBS Hyderabad|
|Affiliated to||IFHE Hyderabad|
|Accredited by||NAAC, AACSB|
|Industry partners||Genpact, Value Labs LLP, Aptus Data Labs and Intelligroup among others|
|Number of courses offered||30+|
|Type of courses offered||UG, PG, doctoral-level, certificate|
|Admission criteria||Entrance-based or merit-based|
|Accepted entrance exams||- For MBA: IBSAT/ CAT/ GMAT/ NMAT - For PhD: IBSAT/ GMAT/ CAT|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
|Batch strength||1,100 (for MBA)|
|Highest salary (2019)||Rs 16.05 LPA (domestic) Rs 50.23 LPA (international)|
|Mode of education||Full-time, Part-time|
|Top recruiters||Wipro, Zomato, Oracle, Google, Aditya Birla Group, TCS, Flipkart, American Express, Nestle and 99 Acres|
|Number of scholarships offered||2|
IBS Hyderabad Courses
With a focus on offering Management education at UG, PG, certificate and doctoral-level, IBS Hyderabad offers BBA and BA courses at UG level, two-year MBA, 21-month E-MBA and one-year PGPA at PG level along with full-time and part-time PhD programmes.
|BBA / BA Economics||Eligibility: Duration:|
|MBA||Specializations: Finance, Marketing, HR and OP IT
|PGPA||Specializations: Finance, Banking, Insurance, Marketing, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Retail, Healthcare
Duration: Work Experience: 3 Years
- The three year BBA and BA in Economics programmes are of three-year duration with each year spread over two semesters
- MBA (two-year) is the flagship programme of IBS Hyderabad and is offered across four electives namely, Finance, Marketing, HR and OP IT
- PGPA is designed specifically for working executives with at least three years of experience. It teaches the concepts of data analytics and their application across different domain areas and verticals like Finance, Banking, Insurance, Marketing, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Retail, Healthcare, etc.
- E-MBA is a 21 months long programme with seven terms of three months each. Designed for working professionals with at least two years of experience, classes for this course are conducted on weekends only.
- The full-time PhD is a campus-based residential course designed for students interested in Management teaching, research and consultancy. Whereas for part-time PhD, the course work is completed in two years and the candidates are expected to make six visits to campus for two weeks each.
Read More: IBS Hyderabad Courses & Fees
IBS Hyderabad Admissions
|BBA||Scores in the qualifying examination + personal interview|
|MBA||Qualified IBSAT followed by Selection Briefing, GD\PI, and Final Admission (OR) Valid CAT\MAT\XAT Scores|
|PGPA||The applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and work experience.|
|Ph.D||Qualified IBSAT conducted by ICFAI Business School OR GMAT, CAT, NMAT score OR UGC NET|
IBS Hyderabad Application Process: How to Apply?
IBS Hyderabad follows both an online and offline process of admission for its UG PG and doctoral-level programmes. For online application, candidates can fill the form available on the official website of IBS Hyderabad (www.ibshyderabad.org) followed by online application fee payment. Those willing to apply offline can download the application form from the official website and submit it along with a DD of application fee.
How To Apply?
Step 1: Log on to the official website of IBS Hyderabad and click on 'Apply to IBS' as highlighted.
Step 2: Candidates will be redirected to a page where they need to make a new ID or log in to the existing one. In the case of a new application, this screen will be displayed.
Step 3: On submitting the email, candidates need to fill the application form with details like Name, Father's Name, Address, Contact Number, Aadhar Number and then click on 'Proceed'.
Step 4: On successful submission of the details, candidates need to pay the application fee.
Read More: IBS Hyderabad Admissions
IBS Hyderabad Placements
Students of IBS Hyderabad are making a difference to the organisations both in India and around the world and a majority of leading Indian and global recruiters prefer to hire students from this and other campuses of IBS for their proven worth.
With a record of 100% placements, IBS Hyderabad placements 2019 witnessed placements of its students across various sectors such as Banking and Financial Services, Consulting, Technology, Media, Research and E-Commerce. A few more highlights from IBS Hyderabad placements 2019 are indicated in the table below:
|Particulars||Salary (in Rs LPA)/ Stats|
|Average salary offered||7.32|
|Highest salary offered (national)||16.05|
|Highest salary offered (international)||50.23|
|Average salary offered to top 10% students||12.61|
|Average salary offered to top 25% students||9.97|
|Highest recruiting sector||Financial Services|
|Top companies||Wipro, Zomato, Oracle, Google, Aditya Birla Group, TCS, Flipkart, American Express, Nestle and 99 Acres|
Read More: IBS Hyderabad Placements
IBS Hyderabad Scholarships 2020
IFHE (ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education) offers merit scholarships to UG students of this institute. The scholarship is offered based on a candidate’s academic record in Class 12 and semester-wise performance during the UG programme.
- Merit scholarships based on past academic record: Candidates are awarded merit scholarships based on their aggregate marks in the qualifying exam (Class 12 or equivalent). The scholarship continues semester after semester on maintaining a minimum 6.0 GPA in the previous semester.
- Merit Scholarships based on semester-wise performance: Up to 10% of students of the batch are awarded merit scholarships based on their semester-wise performance. These scholarships are awarded in addition to the scholarships based on the past academic record.
IBS Hyderabad Facilities
Given below are some of the facilities offered by the Institute to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: The b-school has a well-stocked library with a total of 75582 documents, 46 International journals, and 62 national journals. The students are provided with online databases like Jstor, ProQuest, Ebsco Business, Cabells, CMIE Databases.
- Computing Facilities: The campus at Hyderabad is equipped with state-of-the-art technology of the computer networks. It also has high-speed internet connectivity to help the students access online resources.
- Infrastructure: The campus is equipped with the best of the facilities to enhance the teaching as well as a learning process. All lecture halls and classrooms are Wi-Fi enabled and networked.
IBS Hyderabad Faculty
Faculty members in the college are experienced, knowledgeable and helpful. They are experts in their fields. They help us in clearing basic concepts and promote the case-based study to apply in real life. They train the students for placements. Our college offers 25 electives to choose from in every stream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria to pursue E-MBA from IBS Hyderabad?
Ans. Candidates need to fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria
- Graduate (any stream) with 50% and above aggregate with as English as a medium
- Work experience in managerial or supervisory positions for at least two years
- Minimum 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis)
- Those not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score
Ques. Does IBS Hyderabad accept MAT scores?
Ans. No, IBS doesn’t accept MAT scores. It conducts its own test i.e. IBSAT (IBS Aptitude Test). Apart from IBSAT, it also accepts CAT, GMAT and NMAT scores.
Ques. Does IBS Hyderabad have a placement cell?
Ans. Yes, IBS Hyderabad has a very active placement cell which is functioning centrally for all the IBS campuses in the country. With a strong relationship with over 4,000 companies all over India, its CMC organizes various activities such as guest lectures, pre-placement talks and workshops, which give students the opportunity to not just interact with experts in the field but with each other.
Ques. Who are the top recruiters at IBS Hyderabad?
Ans. Some of the popular recruiters that participated in the recent final placement 2019 were Wipro, Zomato, Oracle, Google, Aditya Birla Group, TCS, Flipkart, American Express, Nestle, 99 Acres, Reliance, Airtel, CCD, Citi Bank, Colgate, Amazon, ICICI Bank and Berger Paints among others.
Ques. Are there any collaborations of IBS Hyderabad?
Ans. Yes, IBS has collaborated with several national and international firms to train its students in areas of Information Technology, Business Analysis and Research. Also, it has formed mutually beneficial associations with a number of organisations such as Genpact, Value Labs LLP, Aptus Data Labs and Intelligroup among others.