Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management (IISWBM), established in 1953, is the first business school in India to offer an MBA degree. It offers many postgraduate programs, certificates, and doctoral programs in management. Admission for all these courses is based on National level exams such as CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT, ATMA, and Group Discussion Personal Interview(GDPI) which is conducted by the institute.
Click here: IISWBM Cut off
IISWBM Important Dates
|CAT Exam Date||29 Nov, 2020|
|XAT Registration Deadline||30 Nov, 2020|
|XAT Exam Date||03 Jan, 2021|
|GATE Exam Dates||05 Feb - 07 Feb, 2021; 12 Feb - 14 Feb, 2021;|
|Registration Deadline for PG Diploma in Supply Chain & Logistics Management and EPGPM||31 Dec, 2020|
|Registration Deadline for MBA (Day) and MBA-HRM||14 Dec, 2020|
|Registration Deadline for M.Phil||25 Nov, 2020|
|M.Phil Online Written Admission Test||10 Feb, 2021|
|M.Phil. Interview Date||11 Feb, 2021|
|Releasing of List of Eligible Students who can appear in M.Phil Written Test and Interview||05 Feb, 2021|
|Registration Deadline for EPGPM and PGDSCLM||12 Jan, 2021|
|Established | Type||1953 | Autonomous Business School|
|Affiliation||University of Calcutta|
|Courses Offered||Postgraduate and Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|MBA (Day)||Honours degree in any discipline with 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/PwD) OR LL.B (5-years) OR Graduate in any professional course|
|MBA (Evening)||Honours degree in any discipline with 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/PwD) OR LL.B (5-years) OR Graduate in any professional course|
|2 years of minimum work experience in Executive/ Supervisory level|
|MBA (Public System)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks|
|MBA (Human Resource Management)||Honours degree in any discipline with 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/PwD) OR Professional degree with 50% marks|
|Masters in Social Welfare (MSW)|
|Masters in Retail Management (MRM)||Honours degree in any discipline OR Graduate in any professional course|
|PGDM (Sports Management)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|PGDM (Fire Safety Management)||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Science OR Diploma in Engineering|
|PGDM (Supply Chain & Logistics Management)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Candidate must have a work experience|
|PGDM (Media Management)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|Ph.D.||Master’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks|
Check: IISWBM Fees
Eligible candidates can apply to the institute through online as well as offline mode. One can visit the official website to fill the application form and pay the application fee through Debit/ Credit Card or Netbanking. In order to submit the application form in offline mode, the candidate can purchase the application form by paying the requisite application fee at IISWBM, Management House, Kolkata 700073. The students can download the form available online and then submit it to the Institute. While filling the application form, one must submit/ scan al the applicable documents with the application form.
The selection criteria for each course vary from one another and the institute shortlists the students on the basis of respective criteria. Listed below is the selection process for each course:
- For MBA-PS, one must have a valid CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/JEMAT/GATE/ATMA score.
- Admission to MBA (Day) is done through CAT score whereas for MBA (Evening), MAT/ CMAT/JEMATscore.
- Candidates can take admission to PGDM Sports Management through a written test conducted at the Institute's level.
- Securing admission in PGDM-Business Analytics requires a valid score in CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/Institute’s Entrance Test while admission in Executive PGDM in Business Analytics is based on the Institute’s Entrance Exam.
Know more: IISWBM Admission
The following table depicts the IISWBM placements scenario for different courses:
MBA Placement Statistics 2019
|% of students placed||95%|
|Highest CTC||INR 9.5 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 6.02 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 6.5 LPA|
The profiles offered to MBA students include Analyst, Associate Research Analyst, Sales Manager, Data Analyst, Brand Manager, AMS Associate, Digital Marketing &PR, etc.
MBA HRM Placement Statistics 2019
|% of students placed||70%|
|Highest CTC||INR 7.5 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 5 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 5.75 LPA|
MBA PS Placement Statistics 2019
|% of students placed||100%|
|Highest CTC||INR 6.92 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 4.72 LPA|
MRM Placement Statistics 2019
|% of students placed||91%|
|Highest CTC||INR 9 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 3.2 LPA|
|No. of students placed||10|
|No. of students opt-out||3|
Click here: IISWBM Placement
The campus at the Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management is equipped with the latest facilities and amenities to cater to the needs of the students. Following is a brief about the same:
- Library: There is a rich collection of more than 51,000 books, 1000 CD-ROM databases, e-books, and e-journals for the students to use. It has also subscribed to EBSCOhost Premier Research and Jgate Plus Platform.
- Hostels: The Institute provides a well-furnished hostel facility to both male and female students belonging to outstation areas. A 4 storeyed hostel has been recently constructed on the campus to accommodate the students.
- Auditorium: The auditorium has a well-designed stage and audio-visual aids. It is used by the institute for activities like meetings, stage shows, and interactive sessions to engage the students as well as faculty members.
- Computer Centre: It has all the state-of-the-art resources to facilitate the academic and administrative activities of the institute. The centre also has internet connectivity through LAN and wireless systems.
Ques: IISWBM is affiliated to which University?
Ques: What are the courses offered by IISWBM?
Ques: How can I apply for IISWBM Admissions?
Ques: What is the Eligible Criteria for the MBA course at IISWBM?
Ques: How is the Placement Records for IISWBM?
Ques: What was the Highest Salary Package for IISWBM for 2019?