Indian Institute of Travel and Tourism (IITTM), established in 1983, in New Delhi but later shifted to Noida and opened several branches including one in Gwalior. The institute is devoted to the pursuit of higher education in the field of Travel and Tourism through its BBA and MBA degree in the same. The recruiters are Yatra.com, Thomas Cook, Mytrip etc.
IITTM Gwalior HIghlights
|Approved by||Ministry of Travel and Tourism|
|Courses||MBA and BBA|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|IITTM Address||Govindpuri, Gwalior – 474 011 (M.P) India Tel: 0751-2437300, 2345 821, 2345 822|
IITTM Gwalior Courses
Indian Instiute of Travel and Tourism Gwalior offers management course in Travel and Tourism which polishes students with skills in managing the tourism industry. IITTM, Gwalior offers courses in management of tourism, travel and other allied sectors. The Institute currently offers a 3-year BBA course and a 2-year MBA course in Tourism and Travel
Course: Management in Business Administration (MBA)
- Duration: 2 years
- Specialization: Travel and Tourism, International Tourism, Tourism Service
- Eligibility: Graduation with above 50% marks in any stream.
Course: Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
- Duration: 3 years
- Specialization: Travel and Tourism, International Tourism, Tourism Service
- Eligibility: 10+ 2 with above 45% from recognized university.
Read More IITTM Courses and Fees
IITTM Gwalior Admissions
IITTM, Gwalior offers both modes of application process. Candidate have to register for a test online on the official website.
Detailed application process is as follows:
Step 1: Application forms can be downloaded from the institute’s website.
Step 2: The filled application form along with a demand draft of INR 1000 (INR 500 for SC/ST/PH) in favour of “Director – IITTM” payable at Gwalior must be sent to the campus along with all the required documents.
Step 1: Candidates can also apply online by submitting their details and paying the application fees through Credit/Debit card of Net Banking Facility.
Step 2: Candidates shortlisted for the GD and PI round will be informed via email. Documents required at the time of the verification:
- 10th and 12th Marksheet and Passing Certificates
- Hall Ticket of Qualifying Examination
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Letter of Recommendation (Employer)
- Work Experience Letter
Read More IITTM Gwalior Admissions
IITTM Gwalior Scholarships
Students can avail of various government scholarships offered to students of different categories.
- The Central as well as the State Govt. are providing scholarships (refund of tuition fee) to the students of OBS, SC, ST, PH and other minorities.
- A number of different medals and scholarships on the basis of merit, like Inder Sharma Foundation Award and Naqshband Scholarship and Gold Medal also exist.
IITTM Gwalior Placements
Impressive arrays of reputed Companies from all over India come to IITTM each year to recruit students for summer internship and final placements. The placement committee maintains a constructive relationship with potential employers and encourages them to interact with students frequently for a better understanding between the employers and the students.
Read More IITTM Gwalior Placements
IITTM Gwalior Facilities
The administrative block, the focal point of all activities is complemented by well equipped classrooms, library and computer lab.
As an indispensable organ in the academic enterprise, the Library provides the IITTM community with the information resources and services fundamental to learning and the pursuit of knowledge .It is one of the resourceful library ,one of its kind in travel and tourism education in India . The collection consists of books on tourism, management, information technology and varied subjects, reports, conference souvenirs, previous volumes of periodicals, CD-ROMs. The Library also includes a reference collection consists of Encyclopedias, Dictionaries and collection of classics of World literature.
The Computer Center equips students with necessary skills to be employed in an information- intensive work environment. The faculty members ,students and staff are provided with a networked node to access digital technologies .The Computer Centre is equipped with generic software packages like SPSS, Flash,Ms-Office,Tally and also industry specific softwares among which Amadeus ,Sabre and Galileo are widely used by students . In addition ,internet facility is provided to the faculty and students for academic purposes .
The institute has got a newly built, fully equipped indoor auditorium with a capacity of 350. All major lectures by eminent experts and academicians and cultural functions are organized in the auditorium.
A fully furnished residential complex ensconced in the institute campus with all modern facilities supplements the academic infrastructure. Two separate hostels for boys and girls have a cumulative capacity of 120 beds. The institute also maintains a small guest house in the campus, including fully furnished AC rooms.
Sports & Yoga Facilities
The institute has fully equipped indoor sports facilities for table tennis, billiards etc. It also has provision for outdoor games such as cricket, volleyball etc. Lecture Halls IITTM has fully equipped lecture halls for its courses. The faculties, both in-house and visiting can avail the OHP & LCD facilities for their teaching purposes. The students use these facilities as well for the purpose of their report presentations, powerpoint presentations and case study analysis.
IITTM Gwalior Faculty
Name: Prof. S. K. Lenka
- Designation: Director I/C, Professor – Tourism & Nodal Officer, IITTM Bhubaneswar
- Educational Qualification: Ph.D (Business Administration), M.A, PGDTM
Name: Prof. Sutheeshna Babu S
- Designation: Professor – Tourism & Nodal Officer, IITTM (NIWS), Goa
- Educational Qualification: M.A. (Geo)Tourism Statistics (WTO), M.Phil (JNU), Ph.D
Name: Prof. Monika Prakash
- Designation: Professor – Business Studies & Nodal Officer, IITTM NOIDA
- Educational Qualification: Ph.D. (Commerce) , MBA (Finance), M.Com.
Name: Dr. Pawan Gupta
- Designation: Associate Professor– Tourism; Controller of Examinations and Co-Chairman-PhD Programme
- Educational Qualification: MTM, PhD, MDP-ASCI, Malaysia, Singapore; WFTGA Certified Trainer for Guides; APO Certified Trainer for Agri Tourism
Name: Dr. M. S. Hussain
- Designation: Associate Professor-Tourism
- Educational Qualification: Ph.D, M.T.A., Basic Cargo(AISC)
Name: Dr. Saurabh Dixit
- Designation: Associate Professor & Nodal officer-IITTM Gwalior - Information Technology
- Educational Qualification: Associate Professor & Nodal officer-IITTM Gwalior - Information Technology
About IITTM Gwalior
Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM) is an autonomous body under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and is one of the premier institutes in the country offering education, training, research and consultancy in sustainable management of tourism, travel and other allied sectors. The stakeholders’ realization that the country is in need of such professionals who can provide an excellent standard of products and services, resulted in the creation of IITTM in 1983 at New Delhi.
It is devoted to the pursuit of higher knowledge in tourism and its dissemination to a diverse audience. Over the years, Institute has established a distinguished identity of its own and reached at a commanding position among sectoral B-Schools in the country. With its focus in meeting the changing needs of the tourism industry, it has played a pioneering role in the propagation and professionalisation of tourism education. The management of the Institute is entrusted in the hands of the Board of Governors having the Union Minister for Tourism as its Chairperson.