Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad is ranked 7th all over the world as per Forbes's recent ranking. The business school provides courses in the discipline of Management in various specializations such as Infrastructure Management, Healthcare Management, Business Technology, etc. The admission window becomes functional in the month of June – July, candidates having valid entrance exam scores can register via online mode only.
ISB Hyderabad College Highlights
|Entrance Exam||GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, and IELTS|
|Types of Programs | No. of Programs||PG Degree and Diploma | 15+|
|Mode of Registration ||Online|
|Student Intake ||887 |
|Gender Ratio (Female: Male)||17: 33|
|Campus area (acres)||260|
|Associate Schools (Abroad)|
- MIT Management Loan School
- London Business School
- The Fletcher School
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Kellog School of Management
|ISB Ranking||7th worldwide and 1st in Asia as per Forbes |
ISB Hyderabad Courses Offered
ISB Hyderabad offers various post-graduate courses only. The following table briefs about the courses and the specializations offered at ISB.
|Long Duration Program
(Upto 15 months)
|Post Graduate Program in Management|
|Post Graduate Program in Management For Working Professionals|
|Post Graduate Program in Management For Senior Executives|
|Executive Fellow Program in Management|
|Fellow Program in Management|
|Post Graduate Program in Management For Family Business|
|Advanced Management Program for Healthcare|
|Advanced Management Program for Infrastructure|
|Advanced Management Program for Manufacturing and Operations|
|ISB Certificate Program in Business Analytics|
|Management Program in Public Policy|
|Short Duration||Open Programs|
|Massive Open Online Courses||Trading Strategies in Emerging Markets Specialization|
|A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment|
|Financial Markets and Investment Strategy Specialization|
|Business Technology Management Specialization|
Note: Candidate applying for a US Visa and Green Cards must note that US Citizenship and Immigration Services has ruled that the postgraduate PGP certificate is invalid.
ISB Hyderabad Fee Structure
|Admission Fees||INR 2,95,000 inclusive of GST|
|Tuition Fees||INR 23,50,000|
|Campus Accommodation||INR 2,78,000|
|Other Fees||INR 5,20,240|
|Total Fees||INR 34,43,240|
- Admission fees are non-refundable. Candidate if opts out of the course then his\her admission fee will not be refunded.
- Other than this the total amount of expenses On Campus for the students might equal INR 2,00,000. Check: ISB Hyderabad Fees Structure
ISB Hyderabad Admissions
ISB has a unified admission procedure for both of its campuses. The eligibility criteria for admission is as follows:
- A Bachelor’s Degree holder in any of the specializations.
- GMAT\GRE qualifiers with valid.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- TOEFL\ IELTS scores necessary if the candidate graduation language medium was not English.
ISB Hyderabad Selection Process
If the candidates clear all the eligibility criteria then they have to follow the below-given instruction:
- The candidate must submit an application form with an essay, a recommendation letter and also their mark sheets before the last date of submission.
- The documents of the candidates reviewed and then the shortlisted candidates are called for an interview round.
- The interview date depends on the round you submitted your application.
- It is advisable that students must submit their application during round 1.
- Overseas applicants have an option to opt for a Skype or a telephonic interview.
Application Deadline and Fees
For the batch of 2021 forms of ISB Hyderabad are now out. Below are the details of the application last date and the fees of the application.
|Rounds||Application Deadline||Application Fees||Re-Application Fees|
|Round 1||September 15, 2019||INR 5000||INR 2,500|
|Round 2||December 1, 2019||INR 7500||INR 2,500|
|Round 3||January 1, 2020||INR 10,000||INR 5,000|
Check: ISB Admissions
ISB funded waiver is given at the time of admission. It ensures that no deserving candidate should be left because of their incapability to submit the fee. For the deserving candidates sometimes fee is entirely summed up. Scholarships provided by ISB are as follows:
- Merit Waivers: Awarded based on the overall weighted scores at the end of the selection process. Up to 40 scholarships varying from INR 5 Lakhs to full tuition fees are awarded to eligible candidates at the discretion of the Adcom.
- Need-Based Waivers: ISB and Corporate donors’ together award up to 40 scholarships of INR 5 Lakhs each to deserving candidates whose family income is not more than INR 12 Lakhs (including applicant’s pre-ISB income). Candidates have to submit an essay and proof of income to be eligible for the need-based waiver.
- ISB Merit by Diversity: ISB believes that diversity enriches the learning experience both inside and outside the Class. To encourage students with diverse profiles ISB gives scholarships of INR 5 Lakhs to up to 10 students.
- AIESEC – ISB Waivers: Up to 3 scholarships of INR 5 Lakhs are given to AIESECers. An essay needs to be submitted for the same.
- International Diversity: ISB offers up to 30 scholarships of varying amounts to deserving international students.
- Bridge to India: This scholarship is given to Indian origin students currently working abroad, who plan to move back to India. INR 5 – 10 Lakhs scholarships are awarded to up to 5 students. Eligible students would have to submit an essay for the same.
Check: ISB Scholarships
ISB Hyderabad Placement
The B-school has seen a drastic increase in the number of admissions of the students because of the placement record. With the increase, the rate of placement has also increased over the period of time. In 2018, the number of placements was 1136 whereas in 2019 the number increased to 1309. Given below are the tabulated data for placement trends.
|Years||Average Domestic Salary (INR)|
The following infographic represents ISB Hyderabad Placements for the year 2018-19:
Note: There have been 187% increase in the salary package for the top-ranked MBA school.
ISB Hyderabad Companies and Offers Made:
Given below is a tabulated format of a number of companies that came for campus placement and the number of offers made in the last 4 years.
|Years||Number Of Companies||Number of Offers Made|
Top recruiters: Accenture Solutions Pvt Ltd, Aditya Birla Group, Amazon, Barclays GSC, Cleartrip Pvt Ltd, Cognizant, Deloitte USI, KPMG and many more.
Check: ISB Placements
ISB Hyderabad Faculty
Prof. Sarang Deo
- Designation - Asst Professor
- Qualification - Ph.D., MBA from IIM Ahmedabad, and B.Tech from IIT Bombay
- Achievement - ‘Professor of the Year’ in 2016
Prof Amit Jain Chauradia
- Designation - Assistant Professor
- Qualification - Ph.D. and a BBA from the University of Miami
- Achievement - Best conference paper and have been published in the Academy of Management’s Best Paper Proceedings
Prof. Deepak Basak
- Designation - Asst. Professor
- Qualification - B.Sc. from Xavier’s, MS from ISI, and Ph.D. from New York University
- Contribution - "Diffusing Coordination Risk" and "Does Financial Tranquility Call for More Stringent Regulation "
Check: ISB Hydrabad Faculty
About ISB Hyderabad
The Indian School of Business Hyderabad was inaugurated in the year 2001 by the Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. ISB Hyderabad is not accredited by either UGC, AICTE or NAAC. This is because ISB offers neither Degree nor Diploma courses. It only offers certificate courses. ISB is the first South Asian country to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business. It is located in Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana. There are a total of 14 Professional Club such as Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club, Marketing Club, Women in Business, etc. It has 4 student village accommodating 130-210 students each. The Institute also has an academic and recreation center for students.
ISB Hyderabad FAQs
Ques: If I submit more than one GMAT and GRE score as well, which score will be deemed by ISB?
Ans: ISB accepts scores of both the management entrance exams. Candidates having secured good ranks in both the exams can submit both scores. The higher or better score would be recognized, given it is within the validity period of 5 years.
Ques: Do the students have a choice between different courses?
Ans: At ISB, core courses persist the same. Every student has to take the core courses. Students have a choice of selecting a specialization area between Finance and Marketing. Once the specialization is chosen, students have to take all the courses in this specialization.
Ques: Will ISB apply for the visa for an international internship?
Ans: No. It is the student’s responsibility to apply for a visa for internship purposes. The college neither provides travel and hotel expenses, ISB will only provide the formal invitation letter from the partner in that country.
Ques: How many applicants are admitted to FPM each year?
Ans: The College admits approximately 2 to 3 candidates for each research area of specialization in each year. It is difficult to predict the candidate’s chances of admission as competition for the seat varies year to year. ISB accepts a variety of aspirants from different educational and professional backgrounds.
Ques: If the candidate decides to withdraw from the course admitted, can he get the tuition fee refunded?
Ans: The tuition fee gets refunded if the candidate withdraws his admission within a period of time. It depends on the timing of his decision. The refund is governed by ISB refund policy prevailing at that time. The candidate is suggested to check the refund policy section for details, given on the official website of the college.