Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship Development (IMED) in Pune is one of the premier business schools in India. It is one of the 29 constituent units of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), which is accredited with ‘A+’ Grade (2017) by NAAC, and awarded ‘Category – I’ University status by UGC. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of IMED conducts various activities and skill development programs that provide a platform for Entrepreneurship learning that helps students in preparing business plans and shape new business ideas. The institute has forged collaborations with Universities and Institutions for leveraging on competencies. IMED has tied up with MCCIA for joint workshops, conferences and skill-building initiatives; with Linnaeus University, Sweden for joint projects and faculty exchange; Curtin University – for international conferences, IUBAT, Bangladesh, for research and projects, for student internships and joint projects with many business companies.
The college offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees through BBA, BCA, and MBA programs. It also welcomes National as well as International applicants for admission. Admission to the courses is through BUMAT, BCAT, and BMAT.
IMED Pune Highlights
|Popular Courses||BBA, MBA, BCA, MCA|
|Selection Criteria||BUMAT, BMAT|
IMED Pune Ranking
The Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development, Bharati Vidyapeeth is ranked:
- 55th among Top 75 B-Schools in India by NIRF 2019.
- Chronicles of Career and Education has ranked IMED at 11th position in Top 50 B-Schools in India, ‘A+++’ category in Maharashtra
- Recipient of State level Best NSS IMED by NSS Department of Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Ranked 37th among top 150 private MBA institutes in India by Outlook Icare India MBA Ranking
IMED Pune Courses
IMED offers UG and PG courses in BBA, BCA, MCA, and MBA with specialization streams in BBA and MBA. The application process requires appearing for exams conducted by Bharati University and the admissions are merited on these test scores. Tabulated below are the offered courses, their specializations, and corresponding eligibility criteria
|BBA||General||The candidate should have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from any statutory board situated in India|
|Banking and Insurance|
|MBA||Event Management||A graduate of any recognized university in any discipline with 50% or more marks (45% for SC/ST candidates)|
|BCA||-||The candidate should have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from any statutory board situated in India|
|MCA||-||Recognized Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics as a course at 10 + 2 level or at Graduate Level having at least 50% (45% in case of SC/ST category) at the qualifying Examination.|
Read more: IMED Pune Courses and Fees
IMED Pune Admissions
Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (IMED) Pune gives admission to students on the basis of merits obtained in qualifying exams. The college has set certain criteria for admitting students:
- The applicants shall be offered admission on the basis of his/her merit in the Combined BBA / BCA / MBA / MCA merit list and availability of the seats for the program at a particular institute of the candidates' choice. The candidate has to mention the choice of the institute in the application form.
- In the case, the applicants securing equal number of marks in the Entrance Test, applicants will be ranked according to their percentage of marks scored at SSC or its equivalent examination.
- When the marks scored in the entrance test, percentage of marks at SSC are the same, the candidate will be ranked on the basis of computerized random numbering.
- Shortlisted candidates in the MBA merit list will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- IMED also has provisions to allow admission to applicants directly in the second year of the MCA program. To be eligible to apply for a lateral entry admission candidates must have either BCA or BSc degree with at least 50% aggregate.
How to apply?
- For Online application process
Step 1: Visit the official website of IMED Pune. Click on “How to Apply” and register yourself.
Step 2: Log in with the username and password received in the email and pay application fees. Application fees can be paid through credit card/ debit card / net banking.
Step 3: Upload the necessary documents.
- For Offline application process
Step 1: Applicants must visit the Administration office and purchase the application form and prospectus.
Step 2: Attach all the necessary documents. Submit it to the office.
Read More: IMED Pune Admissions
IMED Pune Placements
IMED has a highly dedicated and active placement cell known as ‘Corporate Resource Centre’ organizing many activities such as corporate day, certificate courses of Executive Excellence to enhance the job opportunities for students. The placement activities are administered to bridge the gap that exists between industry and academia. Below are the placement highlights of the IMED Pune. In IMED, every year more than 150+ companies participate in Placement Drive and achieve an admirable record of 100% placements.
Highest Package (International)
Highest Package (Domestic)
Some of Common Recruiters include Amazon, ITC, Reliance Industries Ltd, Aditya Birla, Oracle, Fujitsu, Godrej, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, TCS, ICICI Bank and Kotak Mahindra.
Read More: IMED Pune Placement
IMED Pune Faculty
has a diverse faculty of highly qualified and accomplished individuals. The entire faculty of is extremely experienced and well versed in their subject matter. IMED always emphasizes the educational excellence that can be implemented only through qualified and experienced faculty members. The institute has faculty members with rich academic and industry experience. 90% of our faculty members are Ph.D. holders and having national and international research publications to their credit. In addition to their academic and professional experience, they have high standards of ethical and moral values.
Read More: IMED Pune Faculty
IMED Pune Facilities
The institute offers the following facilities to students along with several more:
- Computer Center: The Computer center at IMED has state-of-art facilities. It is fully equipped with latest software like SPSS, RATIONAL ROSE, and MATLAB. It is backed by Windows 2003 and Linux server. It has more than 400 computers with the latest configuration. It has an internet connection with a speed of 72 MBPS (Leased Line). The LCD projectors and printers are also made available to the faculty members and the students.
- Library: The library houses more than 63,740 books and over 248 National and International journals and magazines. It is equipped with a digital system via audio-visual facilities through videocassettes, tapes, CD-ROMs, and VCDs & Internet connection and acts as an academic resource for Research work
- Hostel: There are separate hostels for Girls and Boys within the college premises. Security provision is available 24 hours including a dedicated Mess facility. All the amenities are available for a comfortable stay. It is a very conducive environment for learning.
- Sports: Sports facilities for activities like Volleyball, Basketball, running, long jump, high jump, and gymnastics are available on the college premises.
Read More: IMED Pune Hostel
IMED Pune FAQ
Ques. How is IMED Pune?
Ans. Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development, Pune has some unique features which are as follows:
- IMED Pune has Corporate Resource Center (CRC): linkages with 300+ corporates through IIPS.
- The placement rate is excellent.
- 7 Tier Counseling System
- 5 Tier Feedback System
- Excellent Infrastructural and Instructional Facilities: Well Equipped Computer Labs, Seminar Hall, Conference Halls, Smart Classrooms, Auditorium, Play Ground, Corporate Resource, and Entrepreneurship Development Center
- 40+ annual events are organized every year for the holistic development of students
- Best Practices: Industry Institute Partnership Summit (IIPS), Sectoral Studies International Student Cell, Online Quiz, Professional Counselor, Personality Development Tips, Tea with the director.
Read More: IMED Pune Reviews
Ques. Does IMED Pune provide hostel accommodation to students?
Ans. Yes, Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development, Bharati Vidyapeeth provides hostel accommodation students. There are separate buildings for girls and boys within the campus premises. The hostel has a 24/7 security and mess facility. All the amenities available at IMED Pune hostel creates a conducive environment for learning.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission for International applicants?
Ans. Personal Documents :
- A copy of the student’s passport
- NRI students who have NRI/ PIO/ OCI card must submit a copy of the same.
- Two passport-size photographs of the student.
- Nepali students must bring NOC from the Government to apply out of Nepal.
Academic Documents :
- Attested copies of all the relevant educational transcripts equivalent to levels 10th, 12th, Bachelors, and Masters (as per the course requirements) and degree certificate (i.e. Student must provide the official details about the subjects he/she has completed, course structure, syllabus and a copy of his/her mark sheets), passing certificates, diploma etc.
- For all other countries kindly get in touch with the International Student’s Office to get the required information.
Medical Documents :
- Medical fitness certificate. Arrangement for medical tests is made in the hospitals of Bharati Vidyapeeth University. As per government rules, all international students entering India on student visas have to be tested for HIV and will not be given admission if found to be positive.
- An International Student must submit a report of the test to the University and College.
Additional documents needed for the student seeking admission in Medical or Dental Degree programs:
Those who are taking admission to Post-Graduate Programmes in Medicine (MD/MS) or Dental Postgraduate Courses (MDS) must submit temporary registration of Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCH) and NEET examination score respectively.
Ques. How is IMED Pune for BCA?
Ans. The Bachelor of Computer Application at IMED Pune is a good course to pursue. The total fee for the BCA (general) program is INR 2.5 LPA with the average fee for each year being INR 75,000 whereas the IMED Pune BCA management category program costs INR 3 Lacs for the whole program. The admission process for the program will end on 31st July 2020. Students looking for admission to the program need to appear in BUMAT and score a good mark in it.
Ques. Can NRI students apply for the BCA program at IMED Pune? What is the cost of the program for NRI students?
Ans. Yes, the college also invites foreign applications for the BCA program. The cost of the whole program for NRI students amounts to INR 7.04 Lacs.
Ques. Has the admission process at IMED Pune begun?
Ans. Yes, the college is accepting applications for IMED Pune admission. Some of the important dates of the admission process are as follows:
|Event||MBA/ MCA||BBA/ BCA|
|Last date of application||9th July 2020||30th July 2020|
|Date of Entrance examination||19th July 2020||10th August 2020|
|Date of result declaration||27th July 2020||18th August 2020|
|Date of counseling||7th to 8th August 2020||27th to 29th August 2020|
|Commandment of classes||1st September 2020||1st September 2020|
Ques. How does the college decide which student is eligible for admission if they score equal marks in the entrance exam?
Ans. In the case of candidates securing an equal number of marks in the Entrance Test, candidates are ranked according to their percentage of marks scored at SSC or its equivalent examination. OR the candidate is ranked on the basis of computerized random numbering.
Ques. Is it necessary to choose from open courses while pursuing an MBA course?
Ans. Yes, it is part of the curriculum of IMED Pune. The students are given options to choose from specializations any two courses as open electives.
Ques. How are the IMED Pune placements?
Ans. The placements of IMED Pune are good. Given below is the placement trend of the college:
|Highest package (International)||INR 54.08 LPA||INR 54.08 LPA||INR 56.08 LPA||INR 36.72 LPA|
|Highest package (Domestic)||INR 18.10 LPA||INR 16.10 LPA||INR 12 LPA||INR 11 LPA|
|Average package||INR 7.5 LPA||INR 7 LPA|
Ques. What are the best colleges for MCA in Pune?
Ans. Best colleges for MCA in Pune are:
|College name||MCA Fees||About College|
|Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth||INR 1.51 Lacs||Click Here|
|MIT World Peace University||INR 4.8 Lacs||Click Here|
|IMED Pune||INR 3.82 Lacs||-|
|MIT School of Management||INR 4.5 Lacs||Click Here|
|SSPU Pune||INR 78,000||Click Here|
|Sinhgad Institute of Management (SIOM Pune)||INR 2.82 Lacs||Click Here|
|Vishwakarma Institute of Technology Pune||INR 3.89 Lacs||Click Here|