International Management Institute (IMI), Delhi was established in 1981 in collaboration with IMI, Geneva. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). It is one of only five B-schools in India to get accreditation from the accreditation agency, AMBA.
The main campus is located in Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi and its other campuses are located in Kolkata and Bhubaneswar.is ranked 11th overall and 7th among top 10 private B-School by Outlook. IMI, Delhi provides post-graduate management and doctoral courses in various specializations. Admissions are done on the basis of score obtained in national level examinations.
IMI Delhi Highlights
|Established | Type||1981 | Private|
|Accredited by||AMBA, NBA|
|Type of Programs||PG and Ph.D.|
|Entrance Exam||CAT or GMAT|
|Application Fee||INR 2200|
|International Partnerships||12+ universities|
|Facilities||Auditoriums, Computer Center, Library, Electronic Resources, etc.|
|Highest CTC (2020 Placement)||INR 27.05 LPA|
IMI Delhi Ranking
Mentioned below are the achievements of the B-School:
|Business World||14th overall and 5th among private B-Schools|
|Business Today||13th overall and 5th in Delhi NCR|
|Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking||7th in Central Asia|
|CSR-GHRDC||4th among Top private B-schools in Delhi|
|NIRF||27th among Management Institutions in India|
|MBA Universe||13th overall|
IMI Delhi: Courses and Eligibility
The college offers a wide range of courses which include PGDM, Executive PGDM, FPM, PGDHRM, Ph.D. and many international exchange programs. The duration, admission criteria and fee structure are mentioned below:
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)||Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in any discipline. A valid score in CAT and GMAT||2-years | Full-time|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management (PGDM-HRM)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management, Banking and Financial Services (PGDM B&FS)|
|Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Exe-PGDM)|
The Institute offers two doctoral courses for both working scholars and academicians. They are Fellow Program in Management (FPM) and Executive Fellow Program in Management (E-FPM).
Duration: 2-years for FPM and 4-years for E-FPM | Full-time
Eligibility: Master’s in B.Tech/CA/CMA/CS with a minimum of 55% marks. Candidates applying to the executive program must also have a minimum of 5 years of work experience as Corporate Executive/Full-time Faculty.
Selection Process: CAT/GMAT/IMI Entrance Test + Research Synopsis + Interview
Know more IMI Delhi Courses and Fee
IMI Delhi Fees
Following is the fee structure for the courses offered by the Institute:
|Course Name||Self-Sponsored category||Company-sponsored categories||Foreign Nationals|
|PGDM||INR 17,68,000||INR 2,824,000||USD 25,200|
|PGDM B & FS|
Ph.D. Program Fees
- FPM: There will be no tuition fee for Indian origin students. For foreign nationals and NRI, a sum of USD 3000 need to pay every year.
- E-FPM: For corporate executives, the institute charges INR 502,000 and INR 402,000 for Academicians for four years.
IMI Delhi Admission
Application forms can be filled and submitted online through the institute website. Payment of fees can be made via net banking, credit/ debit card, or online fund transfer methods. Candidates wishing to apply for any of the programs of International Management Institute Delhi should have a valid CAT/ GMAT score and fulfill the basic eligibility criteria. IMI Admission process consists of 3 stages which are as follows:
- The Institute will shortlist the candidates on the basis of their performance in Common Admission Test (CAT) and Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- There will also be a written test which requires the students to write an essay.
- The last phase of the process consists of a Personal Interview round. They will also be given a topic for the extempore round.
Qualified applicants on the basis of their overall performance will be considered for admission.
Read more IMI Delhi Admission
IMI Delhi Placement
IMI has established successful corporate relations with the industry. It is India’s first corporate-sponsored Business School with sponsorship from corporate houses like RPG Enterprises, Nestle, ITC, SAIL, Tata Chemicals, BOC, and Williamson Magor and more. The final placement season began with Pre-Placement Offers.
Placement Highlights of 2017-19 Batch:
- 100+ companies participated in the season to recruit 308 students. The companies are from almost all prominent sectors of the business world like- Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Real Estate, Consumer Durables, FMCG, Hospitality, Conglomerates, Automobile, Retail, Telecommunication, Consulting, Media and Advertising and Pharmaceuticals.
- Highest CTC offered was 27.5 LPA with a total number of 50 pre-placement offers. A 46% increase was recorded in the number of new recruiters for this season.
- These companies offered roles across business functions like Finance, Marketing and Sales, Research & Analytics, Media & Advertising, Operations, Consulting, and HR/IR profiles.
- Major recruiters included HDFC Bank, Asian Paints, Deloitte, EY India, Citi Bank, Wipro, Infosys, OYO, Lenskart, Sony Pictures, Radio Mirchi and more.
The following graph depicts the Course-Wise Placement Packages offered to the students:
Check IMI Delhi Placement
IMI Delhi Centers of Excellence
IMI Delhi has set up following centers of excellence for enriching the knowledge in management field:
- Centre for Advanced Banking and Financial Markets
- Centre for Family Business and Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Infrastructure Sector Financing
- Centre for Excellence in Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing
- Centre for Corporate Citizenship and Social Responsibility
- Centre for Sustainable Development
- Centre for Leadership & Human Values
- Centre for Management of Technology and Innovation
- Centre for Social Sector Governance
IMI Delhi Faculty
The institute has well qualified and experienced faculty across different departments. The details of full time faculty members, department wise are as follows:
- Economics Department: 05 members
- Finance Department: 11 members
- Information Systems: 03 members
- Marketing Department: 07 members
- Operations & Quantitative Methods Department: 06 members
- OB & HR Department: 10 members
- Strategy & GM: 02 members
IMI Delhi FAQs
Ques. Is IMI Delhi better than IMT Ghaziabad?
Ans. IMI Delhi has great opportunities to offer, not only in the field of finance, but marketing as well. The course is interspersed with interesting projects, guest lectures by industry experts and workshops that would keep you busy, round the clock. Parameters for choosing IMI Delhi are as follows:
- Placements: IMI Delhi have top FMCG companies like Asian Paints, Nestle, Reckitt Benckiser, Emami, HUL, Havmor, Piramal Group, Fairtrade LLC, Moolchand, Perfetti Van Melle, Coffee Day Beverages and many other premium recruiters in this sector visiting the campus every year. The profiles offered, range from Sales and Marketing, Brand Management, Product Management to Digital Marketing and Market Research. The remuneration offered is extremely good, especially for top performers.
- Faculty: The faculty here is extremely competent with great representation across all fields. Marketing sector.
- Batch Profile: The batch profile over here is pretty strong. The institute has people from different cities, top colleges with core sales/advertising roles who add real value to the class. The mix of freshers and work-ex people is conducive for good placements.
Ques. Does IMI Delhi offer hostel facilities?
Ques. Does IMI Delhi offer any summer programmes/ internships to students?
Ques. How is the faculty at IMI Delhi?
Ques. Does IMI Delhi have a placement cell?
Ques. Which area of specialization is offered by IMI Delhi?
- Human Resources Management/Organizational Behavior
- Information Systems
Ques. Which are some of the notable alumni of IMI Delhi?
Ans.Various alumni members of IMI belong to the field of arts, administration and consultancy services to name a few. Some of the notable alumni are listed here:
- Niketan Madhok, Fashion model
- Raghav Lakhanpal, Former Member of the Lok Sabha
- Rahul Guhathakurta, Consultant
- Jitin Prasada, Indian Politician
Ques. Which are some of the recruiters who visit IMI Delhi campus?
Ans. Over 50 recruiters visited the IMI campus for the placements session of 2020-2021. Some of the top few names include:
- HDFC Bank Ltd.
- HDFC Life
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- IDBI Bank Ltd.
- Idea Cellular Ltd.
- IMRB International
- India Today Group
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- IndusInd Bank Ltd.
- J.K. Group of Industries
- L&T Financial Services
- Nestle India Ltd