Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS) Rohini, Sec-5 is ranked 24th among top 100 B Schools of India by Times of India 2020. The college is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and approved by AICTE. JIMS offers PGDM, MCA, BBA and BCA programs to students.
Latest Update: JIMS Rohini Sec-5 application process for the PGDM program has been started on November 1, 2020. The last date to submit the filled application form is April 30, 2021.
JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Highlights
|Programs||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Postgraduate Diploma|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Application fee||INR 1,000|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) Association of Indian Universities (AIU) National Board of Accreditation (NBA)|
|Affiliation||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A’ grade|
|Nearest Metro Station||Rithala Metro Station|
JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Ranking
The college is ranked:
- JIMS, Rohini continues to remain an elite club of the Top 75 B-Schools for the 5th time in a row in the NIRF 2020, the sole annual rankings of the MHRD.
- Ranked as one of the only private institutes in Delhi by Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements, 2020.
- Ranked among top 10 for academics, placements and ROI by Business and Management Chronicle.
- JIMS has been also awarded Excellence in Education for 25 years by Competition Success Review 2020.
- Awarded with FICCI Higher Education Award for ‘Excellence in Faculty’ on an all India basis.
- 8th among Top Eminent B schools of Super Excellence by CSR-GHRDC B-Schools Survey 2019.
- 18th among Top 50 B-Schools in India by Chronicle of Career and Education Magazine 2019.
- 4th Among Private Business Schools in Delhi by Education World - 2019.
- 29th among Top 100 B-Schools in India by Times of India B-School Survey 2019.
- 10th in India, 5th in Delhi among Top private Institutes by Times of India Feb 2018.
- Ranked A++ on All India Basis By Business India 2017.
- Ranked 4th on All India Basis (Student and Admission Procedure) by Business and Management Chronicle.
- A3 rank awarded by Indian Management.
JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Courses
The institute offers PGDM (Postgraduate Diploma in Management), MCA (Master of Computer Application), (Bachelor of Business Administration) and BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application). A brief about all the courses is given below:
|BA Economics (H)||
Read More: JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Courses and Fee Structure
JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Admissions
Admission to PGDM, PGDM (IB) and PGDM (RM) is made on the basis of the following four parameters:
- Entrance exams
- Performance in Qualifying exams
- Personal Interview
- Group Discussion
The final selection of an applicant is done on the basis of marks obtained in these four parameters.
How to apply?
The application process for all courses offered by JIMS Rohini is online as well as offline. Applicants who wish to apply can submit their applications on the official website of the institute OR they may also download the application form and after filling in all the necessary information submit it to the administration office.
For BBA, BCA and MCA courses, students need to appear for Common Entrance Test (CET) which is conducted by the Indraprastha University, IPU CET.
Read More: JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Admissions
JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Placement
Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Rohini has a well-structured placement team, functioning under the guidance of the Director and Deans to maintain cordial relations with the corporate and inviting them for Final Placements as well as for the Summer Internship Program. JIMS has also a Corporate Resource Management Centre (CRMC) which acts as a vital interface between Industry and Academia. As depicted by the past records of JIMS Rohini placements, students get the best placement opportunities here. The average salary is recorded at INR 6.5 LPA. The highest package offered by JIMS Rohini is INR 13 LPA with Hawkins Pvt. Ltd. The Highest International Package was INR 16.30 lakhs with Square yards Group and three of the students got placed with this package, all three students were fresher’s without any prior experience. Some of the potential employers are as follows:
- For Finance: Deloitte, E&Y, KPMG, Protiviti, Mazars, Byjus, WNS.
- For HR: E&Y, TCS, H&M, NIIT Solutions, Ericsson.
- For Marketing: Amul, Indicca Group, Amazon, Piramal Group, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Nestle, Reliance, ITC & many others.
Top 5 Companies offered Highest Packages
|Company Name||Highest Package (INR)|
|Federal Bank||10.2 LPA|
|Lido Learning||10 LPA|
|Satguru Travels||9.34 LPA|
Read More: JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Placement
JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Facilities
The classrooms, the conference halls, and the seminar are fully air-conditioned to simplify long hours of interactive participation.
- JIMS Library has a long method of being a traditional library with manual connections to an e-library.
- The air-conditioned JIMS library is also well-stocked national and international magazines, periodicals, research papers and journals in the hub that stimulates, sustains, generates, and rejuvenates the grey cells.
- The campus is Wi-Fi schmoozed with the help of world-class servers running on all around the day. The network associations the computing resources in the faculty offices, student labs.
- Internet access to students is available through 6 Mbps leased line.
- The conference hall and auditorium are an addition to the institute’s complete and holistic atmosphere.
- These have an excellent acoustics seating capacity which matches a well-planned management learning environments uniformly.
- It is well-resourced, with visual and interactive tools to facilitate charming presentations and corporate programs.
- The Institute definitely believes that a manager needs to have a well-groomed personality. To make certain of this, sports are given due importance. The Institute has many sports facilities that include- Basketball court, Volleyball court, Badminton court, and TT rooms.
- VERVE (Inter College Fest): It is 2 Day Annual Inter College Techno Management Cultural Fest with the number of events and competitions catering to a variety of disciplines such as theatre, music, dance, poetry, fashion, business quiz, and literature, are a part of this fest.
Extra-Curricular Activities & Clubs
- Entrepreneurship Cell- TARKASH
- Retail Club
- IT Club-“BIZZ & BYTES”
- HR Club- SAMANVAY
- ROBOTICS Club
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Club- ABHYUTHHAN
JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Faculty
The faculty of JIMS Rohini has two types. Type 1 is the core faculty whereas Type 2 is the visiting faculty. Visiting faculty includes Academic and Corporate members. The core faculty of Jagan Institue of Management Studies is:
- Designation: Director
- Areas of Interest: Rural Marketing, Sales Management, Consumer Behaviour
- Work Experience: 16+ years
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: Bachelors and Masters in Economics, Ph.D
- Work Experience: 40 years
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D, MBA, B.E
- Work Experience: 19 years
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D ( Marketing)
- Work Experience: 16 years
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D, MBA, PG Diploma in IR & PM
- Work Experience: 20+ years
JIMS Rohini Sec-5 FAQs
Ques. How is JIMS Rohini Sec-5?
Ans. Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS) is an institute imparting professional education at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level in the fields of Management and Information Technology. All programs of PGDM are approved by AICTE and accredited from the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). MCA, BBA, and BCA are affiliated to GGSIP.
JIMS Rohini has excellent placements and infrastructure. The faculty of the institute is experienced and highly qualified.
Read More: JIMS Rohini Sec-5 Reviews
Ques. Which courses of JIMS Rohini Sec-5 have the best placements?
Ans. Postgraduate Diploma of Management in Marketing is the best course at JIMS Rohini Sec-5 for placement. Highest and average packages received by students in marketing are much higher than the packages received by other course students.
Ques. What is the intake capacity of PGDM?
Ans. Postgraduate Diploma in Management program of JIMS Rohini Sec-5 has the following intake capacity:
- For PGDM: intake 180
- For PGDM (IB) & (RM): intake 60 each
Ques. Does the institute provide scholarships?
Ans. Yes, the institute provides scholarships on the basis of merit. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
Scholarship for CAT candidates
PGDM/ PGDM -IB/ PGDM-RM
INR 1, 00,000
Mode of payment
Partial waiver in fee of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th installment
Merit Cum Means Scholarship
The Institute provides financial aid under the Jagannath Gupta Memorial Educational Society in the form of “Merit – cum – Means Scholarship” to the students admitted in batch 2020-22 in the 1st and 2nd year of PGDM / PGDM-IB and PGDM – RM programs of the Institute.
Ques. What is the advantage of doing PGDM Courses from JIMS?
Ans. The key advantages of doing PGDM Courses from JIMS are tabulated below:
|Dual Major specialization: Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Operations and Analytics||Dual Major specialization: Finance, Marketing||Dual Major specialization: Marketing, Finance, E-Commerce|
|Rigorous and Challenging Academic Curriculum: Real-time inputs from industry experts, blended management concepts with practice-orientation, specialized courses like Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, and international business.||Collaborative Programs: Alliances with FIEO, ASSOCHAM, MSME (A govt. of India enterprise) for workshops, MDPs and certifications, International educational Trips, and projects.||Outbound Experiential Learning: On-Job Training (OJT) with Top Retail Companies like Reliance, Aditya Birla Fashion, and Retail, etc.|
|Highly Accomplished Faculty: Research-oriented faculty and corporate experts integrating case method, symposium, business plan, and simulations. Superior faculty-student ratio with strong mentoring support.||Expert Faculty and Innovative Teaching Pedagogy: A blend of academia and corporate teach with innovative pedagogy complemented with Business simulations, Experiential learning, Business plans, Self-directed learning, mentoring, and much more.||Industry Professionals as Subject Expert Faculty: Meritorious in-house faculty with Innovative Teaching Pedagogy for Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.|
|Career Options in PGDM: Business Development Executive, Relationship Manager, Corporate sales executive, Research Analyst / Business Analyst, Content Manager, Social media marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, HR Generalist, Functional Consultant, etc.||Career Options in International Business: Business organizations with International dealings, Export-Import companies, International trading companies, Logistics companies, FMCG and FMCD, Banks/,
BFSI, E-Commerce, Hospitality, etc.
|Career Options in Retail: Store Manager, Category Manager, Visual Merchandiser, Brand Manager, Retail Planner, Logistics Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Retail Banker, Operations Manager, etc.|
Ques. Which is better JIMS Rohini Sector 5 or IILM Delhi?
Ans. JIMS Rohini Sector 5 is a better choice as compared to IILM Delhi in terms of fees, salary packages, and rankings. A comparison of both is given in the table below:
|Particulars||JIMS Rohini Sector 5||IILM Delhi|
|Fees||INR 7.7 Lacs per annum||INR 12.9 Lacs per annum|
|CAT Cut off||60-75||60|
|Salary package||Average package: INR 6.5 LPA
Highest package: INR 18 LPA
Average package: INR 6 LPA
Ques. How are MCA placements of the college?
Ans. JIMS Rohini Sector 5 MCA placements have recorded the highest salary package of INR 11 LPA with 96 students being placed in the 2016-19 placement cycle. A total of 60 companies visited the campus in 2019 to recruiter students in companies such as Amazon, Tresvista, Sapient, CBRE, JK Paper, TCS, Deloitte, Satguru Travels, Mirus, etc.
Ques. How come JIMS Rohini Sector 5 is called as superior in terms of placements in Delhi?
Ans. JIMS, Rohini has a dedicated placement cell which guides the students interested in placement from the institute. The cell time to time conducts mock GD/PI for making students corporate ready. The average package went up to Rs. 6 Lacs and the highest package went to Rs. 17 lacs for the batch 2017-19. The companies which visit every year to the campus are Deloitte, Mazars, KPMG, Naukri. Com, Cafe Coffee Day, Tata Motors, Ambuja Cement, ITC Ltd., etc.
Ques. Can I apply at JIMS Rohini in this COVID-19 situation?
Ans. Yes, you may apply online for admission at JIMS Rohini Sector 5 in this pandemic. The college is conducting online interviews for the applicants in this lockdown situation. Based on your Scores and Graduation Percentage if you stand eligible, you can surely apply for the Interview process by filling up the application form through the website.
Ques. How is the alumni network of the college?
Ans. The college conducts various events to connect with the elites of JIMS Rohini in Delhi. It conducts coffee series, annual alumni dinner, alumni interactions, alumni meet, annual corporate events, etc. Such events help current students to get interacted with pass outs from JIMS Delhi.