KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai, established in 1981, is located in the suburbs of Mumbai. It offers a Masters's and a Doctoral degree in the field of Management. The institute holds a record of 99% placement and its topmost recruiters include Ambuja Cement, Daimler, Minex Metallurgy, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Nomura, Asian Paints, etc. The highest package shooted up to INR 27.5 lacs whereas the average package rose up to INR 10.5 lacs in the year 2019.
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai Highlights
|Established In | Type||1981 | Private|
|Affiliation||Somaiya Vidyavihar University (SVU)|
|Accreditations||UGC, AIU, NBA|
National: CAT/ GMAT/ XAT/ NMAT
State: SET-MCA/ MAH-MCA-CET
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Campus Area||60 Acres|
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai Courses
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research offers a master's degree and a doctoral degree in the field of Management. Details of the course are given below in the tabulated form.
|MBA||International Business||3-year graduation degree with 50% marks|
|Integrated Marketing Communication|
|Health Care Management|
|Data Science & Analytics|
|Doctoral||Ph.D||Candidate should hold a Master’s Degree/ M.Phil. Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks (general category) or 50% marks (Reserved category).|
|Masters||MCA||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Mathematics is
compulsory at 10+2 Level or at Graduation Level
Read More SIMSR Mumbai Courses and Fees
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai Admissions
To apply for admission to the KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research [SIMSR], the candidates must visit the official website of the institute. Admissions Phases SIMSR Admission includes 5 basic steps which are as follows:
- For MBA, appear in CAT/ CMAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ NMAT.
- For MCA, appear in MAH-MCA-CET/ SET-MCA
- Shortlisting for group discussion and personal interview based on exam scores.
- Merit list declaration based on exam score, performance in group discussion and personal interview.
- Counseling process in which candidates will be offered the choice of a program based on preference.
- Click on “Apply Now”
- Register by entering the Name, Email ID and other required details.
- Login using the email id and password.
- Fill in the application form:
- Personal Details
- Valid ID proof
- Academic Achievements
- Past Work Experience
- Select the program.
- Enter the score/rank obtained in the entrance exam (if required)
- Select the PI center.
- Upload the photograph in the required dimensions.
- Pay the application fee of INR. 2850
- Submit the form.
For Ph.D. Applicants
For the Ph.D. program, the candidates must download the form from the university’s official website and submit it personally along with the following documents:
- Bachelor Degree Mark sheet (All Semesters) and Degree Certificate
- Master’s Degree Mark sheet (All Semesters) and Degree Certificate
- The certificate showing eligibility / qualified for PET (Management Studies) conducted by the University of Mumbai
- Research proposal in brief on the tentative research topic
- A demand draft for INR.1,000
- Certificate showing work experience, if any.
Read More SIMSR Mumbai Admissions
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai Placements
K. J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research(SIMSR), Mumbai offers great placement opportunities. Leading companies from a multitude of sectors participate in Final Placements, offering Sought-after profiles with competitive packages to students. With multiple profiles on offer, students had a plethora of options to make informed decisions to shape their careers.
FINAL PLACEMENTS 2018-19
- 99% of students placed
- Total recruiters: 170+
- New Recruiters: 35+
SIMSR Mumbai has had a great placement in the year with the participation of Leading Companies in final placements. Among the principal offers made, the candidates received 96 offers from IT majors, 100 from Banking and Insurance Sector, 78 offers from Financial Services, etc.
|Highest Package||INR 27.5 LPA|
|Average Salary Package||INR 10.5 LPA|
|Total Companies visited on campus||257|
|New Recruiters visited on campus||55|
Read More SIMSR Mumbai Placements
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai Facility
- Library: The institute has a well-equipped library with over 95,000 books on a wide range of management subjects. It has a unique blend of books varying with the diverse courses covering specializations in Marketing, Finance, HR, and Operations for the MMS, PGDM, MCA and part-time Master Degree courses. The Library also subscribes to 14 different newspapers, 60+ National and International Periodicals. It has a large number of journals relating to managerial subjects and a wide range of CD's.
- Infrastructure: Institute is spread across two spacious, well-furnished buildings covering an area of 150,000 sq. feet. It consists of AC Classrooms, Multiple Seminar Halls, Conference Rooms, Student Discussion Rooms, Wi-Fi enabled Campus
- Hostels: Institute provides separate hostels for girls and boys, namely, MAITREYI and SANDIPANI respectively. Hostel is well equipped with facilities like internet, Laundromat, student mess, activity room and a well-equipped gym.
- Medicine Facilities: In terms of medical facilities, highly trained and experienced doctors are available on campus. There is a well-equipped medical room in a hostel and regular medical checkups of students are to done to assure they are mentally and physically fit.
- Somaiya Sports Academy is an integral part of the Somaiya Vidyavihar trust and has the international standard infrastructure for sports like Athletics (all disciplines), Lawn Tennis, Basketball, Badminton, Squash, Football, Volleyball, Roller Skating, Cricket, and a fully equipped gymnasium. Students of the campus have access to all the facilities, and also have exposure to coaching in various sports. We cater to individuals who aspire to compete at a high level and provide world-class coaching for the same with internationally certified coaches in all sports.
- Computer centre is one of the best equipped IT centers geared to aid the learning process. Software packages like SPSS, SAP-ERP, Rational Rose, AMOS ( for structural equation modeling), and simulation games help in conducting data analysis for business and marketing research activities, analysis of case studies, preparation of summer training projects and concurrent projects.
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai FAQs
Ques. Can the Institute change the Admission policy and process?
Ans. Yes. The changes may occur subject to any changes in the guidelines by regulatory authorities. If and when changes are made, they will be notified on the website. The Institute reserves all the rights to make the mandatory changes.
Ques. How can the payment be made for the Application form?
Ans. The payment can be made either through Debit Card/Credit Card or Demand Draft(DD). The guided walkthrough is available while filling the Application Form.
Ques. What is the medium of instruction for the courses?
Ans. For all courses the medium of instruction is English. For those students requiring help in the English language, the Institute conducts booster (extra) classes in the English language.
Ques. Is a laptop compulsory and included as part of the fee?
Ans. Students are recommended to have their own laptops. It is not provided by SIMSR.
Ques. Are there any scholarships provided to the students?
Ans. There are limited scholarships available for economically backward students.
Ques. Using one Application form can a candidate apply for all the five PGDM programs?
Ans. Yes. However, the Application Form fees will remain the same at Rs. 2850/- + (Applicable Transaction Charges).
Ques. What are the selection parameters for the MCA program?
Ans. The selection parameters for MCA programs are as follows:
- Qualifying Exam (SET/ CET) - 50%
- Past Academic Record (PAR) - 30%
- Achievement Awards - 10%
- Work Experience -10%