Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies (KIAMS) is ranked No.4 in India, just behind the IIMs, in the NHRDN-People Matters B-School ranking for leadership & Governance and ranked A++ consistently by Business India. KIAMS Pune offers postgraduate diploma in the discipline of Management.
The management institute has two campuses namely- KIAMS Harihar and KIAMS Pune. The institute has the following advantages:
- 26 years in management knowledge creation and sharing
- 9522 executives trained in 472 MDPs
- 20 batches of successfully placed managers
- 2 state-of-the-art campuses in Harihar and Pune
Read More KIAMS Admissions
KIAMS Pune Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1991 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ ATMA
State: MAHCET/ KCET
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 850|
|Top Recruiters||Deloitte, Accenture, Amazon, Kantar, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Aptech, KPMG, Unicharm, Capital First|
|Campus Area||6.3 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 86696 70519, 86696 70520|
|Location||Near Tata Foundry, Village Dhamane, Taluka Maval Pune, Maharashtra|
Read More: KIAMS Fees
KIAMS Pune Rankings
Overall, KIAMS has been ranked among Top 50 in the country, in a comprehensive ranking which includes management programs of the IIMs and IITs. Apart from its top-notch ranking in Leadership & Governance, KIAMS was also highly rated on many other aspects, including:
- 16th incorporate connectedness
- 21st in Accreditation & Linkages
- 26th in faculty Profile
- 28th in Infrastructure
AICTE-CII conducted a survey of industry-Linked Technical institutes’. In which KIAMS is rated “Platinum” with following highlights of survey results
- The institute stood among the top 6 under “Placement category”
- The institute ranked among the top 20 under “Curriculum”
Other recent ranking and awards are:
- KIAMS Harihar is placed 15th in the B-Schools of eminence at National Level and KIAMS
- MS Pune is placed at the top as the promising Business school category by GHRDC
- Ranked 43rd among Top Private B-Schools in India by Business World
- Ranked 32nd Among Best Private B-Schools in India by Careers 360
- AAA+ among Best Private B-Schools in Southern India by Career 360
- Ranked 48th Among Top B-schools in India by Outlook
- Ranked 25th in what if not IIM’s B-school Survey 2016 by Silicon India
- “National Education Award” of “B-School with industry-related Curriculum in Marketing” by ABP News
- “CSR - Top Institute of India Award” by Competition Success Review
KIAMS Pune Courses
Course: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
KIAMS offers a two-year fully residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management Program to train and develop managers for the next millennium. It provides a state-of-the-art learning environment with top-of-the-line facilities.
|Graduate or appearing for the final year with an aggregate of minimum 50% (without round off).||CAT, XAT, MAT, GMAT, CMAT, ATMA, State Entrance Score for Maharashtra (MH-CET) and KCET|
Read More: KIAMS Course and Fees
KIAMS Pune Admissions
Candidates seeking admission to the PGDM program offered by KIAMS can apply through online or offline mode. For offline mode of application, the complete application form along with a DD of the prescribed application fee must be sent to reach the institute’s office.
Evaluation criteria for admission at KIAMS
|Past Academic Performance (10th, 12th, Grad)||30%|
|Entrance exam (CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, MH-CET, KMAT)||25%|
|Written Skill Test (WST)/Extempore (ET) + Personal Interview (PI)||45%|
|Work experience 06 months minimum||5% in addition|
|*Admission would be offered if the cumulative score is 70% and above|
KIAMS Pune Application Process
Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies accepts applications from eligible candidates for admission to the PGDM program.
For Online Application:
Step 1: Candidates should log on to the institute website and fill the online application form.
Step 2: Once done, the applicant will be redirected to the fee payment page for online payment of the prescribed application fee.
Step 3: The application fee of INR 850 can be paid via online payment modes such as credit/debit card/ net banking/ online fund transfer etc.
Step 4: A registration ID is generated after a successful fee payment which is to be retained until the admission process is complete.
For Offline Application:
Step 1: Candidates can download a copy of the application form from the institute website.
Step 2: After filling the application form, the candidate must obtain a demand draft for the prescribed application fee drawn in favor of “Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies” payable at Harihar (Karnataka).
Step 3: The complete application form along with the demand draft must be sent to the institute’s admission office within the stipulated time.
KIAMS Pune Placements
Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Pune offers placement in various sectors namely, marketing, finance, human resource, operations, etc. The highest number of candidates placed in the marketing sector. The below graph represents sector-wise placement.
|Highest CTC||INR 15,64,000|
|Average CTC||INR 5,95,000|
|Median CTC||INR 5,20,000|
KIAMS Pune Facilities
- Institute has more than 10000 volumes in the library.
- The library has 141 journals, 250 CDs and 860 case study.
- Institute has a boys hostel and girls hostel separately.
- Boy’s hostel has 87 rooms and the girl’s hostel has 32 rooms.
- All rooms are twin basis.
Check KIAMS Hostel Fees
- All indoor and outdoor games facility is provided.
- Institute has an ASHWAMEDHA a sports committee conduct the various sports.
- Institute has a computer lab with 120 computers with the latest technology.
- It has 130 management videos
Loans/ Scholarship Provisions
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies is listed amongst the top 108 premier Schools on SBI portal and offers a scholar loan up to INR 20,00,000 without any collateral security and mortgage.
- Scholarship is awarded to meritorious candidates with over 90 percentiles and above in exams like CAT, XAT, MAT. There are other criteria applicable to deserve scholarship.
Check: KIAMS Pune Scholarship
KIAMS Pune Faculty
The faculty in the college is highly qualified, knowledgeable and comes with tremendous industry experience, which becomes an advantage for a student considering his/her learning and development of management. The Student Enhancement Program gives an opportunity for every student to build a strong connection with the faculty; where faculty is a mentor for a limited set of students and can mold every student differently. The learning paradigm creates an opportunity for us to learn through 40 percent theory and 60 percent through its applicability to the job.
KIAMS has more than 4,000 alumni. The alumni of the institute are very interactive and on a frequent basis, they come and visit the college campus and provide guidance, motivation and they contribute to providing internships and placements to the students.
Check: KIAMS Faculty