SPJIMR is inviting applications for GMP program. The last date to apply is Nov 30, 2020. SPJIMR Mumbai has changed the Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process for PGDM Admissions 2021. In the latest PGDM admission Notification, the selection process will include GMAT and CAT Score only and not the XAT Score. The last date to fill the PGDM Application form is November 27, 2020, where the Application Fee will be INR 1,500.
S P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) is a leading school of management in the heart of India’s financial centre, Mumbai. SPJIMR is a part of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and functions as an autonomous institute with entrepreneurial agility. It consistently ranks amongst the top ten management institutes in India.
SPJIMR Mumbai offers 5 Full-TIme Residential programs (PGDM, PGPM, GMP, PGMPW, FPM, PGPFMB), 3 Family Managed Business Programs, 2 Executive Management programs, 2 Entrepreneurship programs, 2 Global Programs, 7 Executive Education Programs, and 3 Social Sector Programs. Admission to the full-time residential programs of SP JIMR is granted on the basis of CAT, XAT or GMAT score.
SPJIMR Important Dates
|CAT Registration||05 Aug - 23 Sep, 2020|
|CAT Exam Date||29 Nov, 2020|
|MAT Registration Deadline||27 Sep, 2020|
|MAT Exam Date||03 Oct, 2020|
|XAT Registration||12 Sep - 30 Nov, 2020|
|XAT Exam Date||03 Jan, 2021|
|NET Exam||24 Sep, 2020|
|PGDM Registration Deadline||27 Nov, 2020|
|Deadline for GMP Registration||30 Nov, 2020|
|Established | Type||1981 | Private|
|Campus Area||45 Acres|
AMBA (Associations of MBA, U.K): PGPM, PGEMP, PGPGM, PGPFMB, PGPDM
AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
AICTE: PGDM, PGPM, Ph.D., FPM
|Approved by||AACSB, AMBA, AICTE, NBA|
|Types of Programs | No. of Programs||PG, PG Diploma | 10|
|Entrance Exams||CAT, GMAT, GMAT, GRE, CAT, NET mgt. , MAT, XAT, PET|
Bhartiya Vidhya Bhawan’s SPIJMR has inducted its 2020-2022 batch. In the class of 240 students, 100 students were girls. With the induction of 42% girl students, SPJIMR has achieved a Gender Diversity milestone.
The batch has participants coming from different fields i.e 27% of students were from non-engineering backgrounds and 87% of the participants are work experience holders.
- Ranked 18th in Management category by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 5thby Mint MBA Universe 2020.
- Ranked 2nd by Outlook 2020.
- SPJIMR is one of the five Indian B-Schools ranked 151 amongst the Top 200 B-Schools in the world in the recently released QS Global Full-Time MBA Ranking 2020. This is the fourth consecutive year that SPJIMR is on this elite list. SPJIMR has moved up in rankings from +201 in 2019 to the 151-200 bracket for the year 2020.
- SPJIMR is the only privately run Indian B-School in the top 50 ranks in the Financial Times (FT) 2020 B-School Rankings.
- SPJIMR is ranked 36th, tied with the IIM, Bangalore, in the ‘Financial Times Masters in Management (MIM) 2020’, which is a ranking of the top management masters programs worldwide.
- Ranked 4thby Business Today 2019
- Ranked 6thby Business World 2019
- Ranked 7th in Asia and 46th in the world by Youth Inc.
- Ranked 8th by The Week.
Check SPJIMR Ranking 2020
S.P.Jain Insitute offers several diploma courses and degree courses in the field of management. The table below briefs the name of courses with their eligibility:
|PGDM - Post Graduate Diploma in Management||
Graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% in total aggregate + CAT or GMAT score
|PGPM - Post Graduate Program in Management|
|FPM - Fellow Program in Management||
Postgraduation in Management with at least 55% + GMAT/ GRE/ CAT/ NET mgt. / MAT/ XAT/ PET
|GMP - Global Management Program||Graduation in any discipline with 3 years of work experience in the relevant field.|
|PGMPW - Post Graduate Management Program for Women||Graduation in any discipline with 5 years of work experience in the relevant field.|
|Post-Graduate Family Managed Business||Graduation from a recognized university|
|Post-Graduate Executive Management Program||Graduation in any discipline with 5 years of work experience with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Post-Graduate Program in Development Management||Graduation in any discipline with 2 years of work experience|
|Post-Graduate Program in General Management||Graduation in any discipline with 5 years of work experience with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Global Management Program||
Graduation with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks + GMAT/ GRE/ CAT/ XAT
Check: SPJIMR Courses and Fees
SPJIMR Admissions 2021
The application form is different for each program offered and are available on the official website of the institute. Candidates who wish to apply are required to follow the subsequent steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website and click on ‘Admission’
Step 2: Choose from the list of programs offered and either click on “Read More” or “Apply Now”.
Step 3: Admission page will appear, click on ‘Apply Now’ → ‘New User’
Step 4: Register yourself by providing your Full Name, Contact Number, and Email id.
Step 5: Enter your desired password and sign in. Enter SPJIMR Login credentials and begin with the application procedure
Step 6: Fill in and SPJIMR application form duly and pay the application fee of INR 1,500 through credit card or net banking.
Selection criteria of SPJIMR PGPM and other courses:
- Admission to any course is done on the basis of the following entrance exam:
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks will be called for the next stage of the selection process i.e. group discussion and personal interview. Qualified applicants in all rounds will be considered for admission on the basis of the cutoff.
Note: The interview for the PGDM Admissions 2021-23 is most likely to be conducted online. Thie decision is made as a precautionary measure keeping in mind the safety and wellbeing of all concerned.
Check: SPJIMR Admission
The institute has been an excellent B-School in terms of on-campus placements by completing another successful placement rounds year by year. SPJIMR has announced the successful closure of placements for the PGDM Class of 2020.
The median salary of the batch stood at INR 25 LPA with over 86% of the batch receiving offers of INR 20 LPA or above. The average compensation for the PGDM Class of 2020 stood at INR 26.36 LPA.
This placement season saw participation from 122 companies to hire the 238 participants from the PGDM Class of 2019. Twelve international offers were made this year, capping a season marked by high interest in SPJIMR candidates from a large number of marquee companies in diverse sectors.
- The average Salary stood at INR. 26.36 LPA, with an increase of 15.1% over the past year
- Around 56.7% of offers made to students were equal to or greater than INR 25 LPA, 86.7% were equal to or greater than INR 20 LPA and 95% were equal to or greater than INR 18 LPA.
- More than 60% of batch took up PPO opportunities with leading companies
- Over 122 companies participated in the placement process
PGDM Placements Statistics
|No. of Students||238|
|No of Recruiters||122|
|First Time Recruiters||44|
|Highest CTC||INR 51 LPA|
|Average TCC||INR 26.36 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 25 LPA|
Top recruiters of SPJIMR:
McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Co., Google, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Tata Administrative Services, Airtel, Hindustan Unilever, Nestlé, Johnson & Johnson, Ninjacart, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Amazon, Mahindra, Deloitte, PwC, EY, Uber, Britannia, Bajaj Auto, Castrol, OYO Rooms, Pidilite, L'Oréal, Philips, name a few.
Check: SPJIMR Placement
The Institute deeply believes in the all-round development of the students and this leads to the various clubs and activities that happen in the college like:
- GASP (Guild of Actors @ SP) categorizes a play every year.
- Elevator Pitch Contest.
- Lock, Stock & Trade (LST) is an annual national-level entrepreneurship event organized by SPJIMR in association with the National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN).
- SPJIMR Academic Conclave (SAC) - A podium for development business-academia combination battered exclusively at the corporate members.
The campus is equipped with all the modern comforts distinctive of a world-class educational establishment. The campus though modest and humble comprises all the requisite facilities.
The sports and entertainment facilities include playing fields, an Open Air Theatre, and jogging tracks. The campus also boasts of Cultural Center, Lake, Yog Kutir, Institute of Holistic Health Sciences and Botanical Gardens. Some notable facilities are described below:
For PGDM: Selected candidates for the PGDM program are eligible for merit cum means based on financial assistance. Any financial assistance will be made available only once the program commences.
The Library with its range of management works is the focal point of the institute. The fully hi-tech library offers 27 different types of knowledge media comprises of-
- 150 foreign and Indian business periodicals and journals, audio-video cassettes & CD-ROMs.
- Collection of over 18,000 volumes.
- Online databases like EBSCO Premier, Thomson Learning, CRISIL VGC, Prowess Client, ISI Emerging Markets, and CRISINFAC.
- SPJIMR has ensured a plan with other libraries including American Resource Center, World Trade Centre Library, and the British Council Library.
Information Technology Center
The IT Centre is equipped with Client-Server architecture using analytical tools and educational software counting management games as well as computers, thereby inspiring its pedagogy of non-classroom learning. Few noted technologies implemented are:
- A CD Server with a 120 GB HDD.
- The 768Kbps and 4 ISDN line backbone.
- 2.4 GHz frequency Wireless/LAN backed by a 100 Mbps internal LAN.
The institute organizes the following events:
- Ojas- It is the business festival of SPJIMR. It was launched in 2009. It comprises of events and contests organized and managed by students.
- Sprint- Sprint is SPJIMR's annual sports meet. The Sprint events include athletics (12 categories), cricket, football, swimming, chess, carom, basketball, badminton, volleyball, etc.
- Spandan- It is the annual alumni reunion event organized by the Alumni committee, held in December every year.
S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) was established in the year 1981. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The institute works with the mission of Influencing Practice and Promoting Value-Based Growth.
SPJIMR has acquired the reputation of meeting societal needs of under-managed sectors through a wide range of programs and intiatives.
The institute has an experienced and well-qualified faculty. Given below are the details for the same:
Mr. Abbasali Gabula
- Designation: Associate Director
- Qualification: MBA, B.E
- Areas of Interest: Marketing
Prof. Aditi S. Divatia
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: MCA, B.Sc
- Areas of Interest: Business Process Analysis, Data Management, Enterprise Architecture, Big Data, Business Analytics
Dr. Anil Vishnu Vaidya
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: MBA, B.Sc, LLB, PG Program in Cyber Law
Dr. Ashita Aggarwal
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D, PGDBM, MMM, B.A
- Areas of Interest: Brand Management, Integrated Market Communication, Consumer Behaviour
Prof. Bindu Kulkarni
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: PGDM, B.E
Ques. Do I need to give an entrance exam for admission? Does the institute conduct its own entrance test?
Ans. Yes, you need to be qualified in some of the national entrance exams to be eligible for admission. The institute does not conduct any entrance exam.
Ques. Does the SPJIMR provide hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, SPJIMR provides hostel facilities to students. All rooms are networked and connected with 24/7 internet facilities including amenities like TV, Table Tennis, Water Filters, Coolers, etc. The college promotes an informal atmosphere for student-faculty interaction. For more information, click here.
Ques. How can I contact for any query?
Ans. You can contact via their helpline number +91-22-2623-0396/ 2401, +91-22-2623-7454.
Ques. Name some of the alumni of SPJIMR?
Ans. SPJIMR has given many bright students who are currently working in very good designations. Few of them are Mahesh Madhavan, Debjani Ghosh, Naveen Prasad, etc. The placement of the institute is quite impressive.
Ques. What are the facilities provided by SPJIMR?
Ans. SPJIMR provides various facilities to the students. The institute has a very good canteen and mess. It has a very huge ground as well as hostel facility. PGDM is a residential course. The students have to stay at the campus for 2 years of duration.
Ques. Is there is a student exchange programme at SPJIMR?
Ans. Yes, there is a student exchange program at SPJIMR for the PGDM students to pursue specialised courses in leading foreign B-schools for a full semester as exchange students. The exchange student is eligible to enrol in a minimum of one and more than one cluster and semester.
Ques. What are the other co-curriculum activities conducted by SPJIMR?
Ans. The institute conducts various programmes and moreover, SPJIMR conduct fest every year. Apart from that, there are:
- Ojas which is the business festival of SPJIMR. It was launched in 2009. It comprises of events and contests organized and managed by students.
- Sprint is SPJIMR's annual sports meet. The Sprint events include athletics (12 categories), cricket, football, swimming, chess, carom, basketball, badminton, volleyball, etc.
- Spandan is the annual alumni reunion event organized by the Alumni committee, held in December every year.
Ques. What is the placement record of SPJIMR?
Ans. The average annual salary for the batch came in at INR 26.36 LPA, a 15.1% growth over last year. The median annual salary is INR 25 lakhs. Over 86% of the 238 participants secured offers in excess of INR 20 LPA.
Ques. How many seats are available for PIO’s at SPJIMR?
Ans. A total of 36 seats are available over and above the sanctioned intake of 240 seats. These seats are sanctioned just for PIOs, OCIs and Foreign Nationals and are not open to NRIs. NRI applications will be considered at par with the Indian applications.
Ques. What are the contact details of SPJIMR Mumbai?
Ans. The institute can be contacted through the following details:
SPJIMR, Bhavan's Campus
Munshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road,
Andheri West, Mumbai - 400 058, India
Reception: +91 22 61454200
Ques. How can the application fee be paid?
Ans. The application fee for admission to SPJIMR Mumbai should be paid through either the Net Banking process or the fee can be paid through the cards like credit card or debit card.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for the admission of foreign students?
Ans. To be eligible, an applicant has to have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (10+2+3) from a recognized university. Students in the final year of graduation can also apply. SPJIMR accepts CAT 2018, XAT 2019 and GMAT scores (of last 3 years) as well. A total of 36 seats above the sanctioned intake are available for PIOs/OCIs and foreign nationals.