St. Joseph's College of Commerce, referred to as SJCC, has accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade. The college has also been consistently ranked as one of the top 10 commerce colleges in India as per a survey by India Today. The college offers 2 undergraduate and 1 postgraduate course in commerce stream. Apart from this, it also offers certificate and diploma courses in the field of management. Currently, there are a total of 2195 students studying in the UG program and 220 in the PG program. Admission is done through an aptitude test conducted at college itself.
Check here: SJCC Admissions
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Highlights
|Recognized By||University Grant Commission (UGC) and Bangalore University|
|Accreditation||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Type of Programs||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Admission Criteria||Aptitude Test and Interview|
|Total Students in UG | PG Courses||2195 | 220|
|International Academic Collaborations||Swansea University, UK|
|Kobe College, Japan|
|University of St. Andrews, Scotland|
|Eastern Institute of Technology, New Zealand|
|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Courses
The following table briefs about the academic programs offered by the college:
|Bachelor’s of Commerce (B.Com)||General||Intermediate Graduate with 70% marks in a relevant discipline|
|Travel & Tourism|
|Bachelor’s of Business Administration (BBA)||Entrepreneurship|
|Finance and Accounting|
|International Twinning Program|
|Master’s of Commerce (M.Com)||Marketing & Analysis||Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 50% marks in the aggregate|
|Post Graduate Diploma||Business Administration||Graduate in any discipline|
|Human Resources Management|
Click here: SJCC Courses and Fees
The college admits students on the basis of an aptitude test conducted at the college level. Short-listed candidates will be further called for an interview round.
Note: The admissions are also granted under Sports Quota to the candidates with an extraordinary performance in sports.
The college promotes quality education to every student by providing financial assistance to deserving and needy students. There are 2 groups under which the scholarship is provided namely Merit-cum-need based and Extra-curricular and sports. Following are the details for the same:
- Merit-cum-need based Scholarship: This is provided to economically challenged students who are in the 1st year of their program. Both UG and PG students are eligible for this scholarship. Those hailing from such background must provide evidence of his/her eligibility, enclosing an income/community certificate. SJCC provides 50 such scholarships to students with a good academic record.;
- Co-curricular and Sports Scholarship: The students who excel in extra-curricular activities are eligible for this scholarship. Anyone from UG or PG who is actively associated with literary/ cultural or sports activities of the college. While applying for this scholarship, the students must have the reference of at least 2-3 staff members. A total of 50 scholarships are provided by the college.
Know more: SJCC Scholarships
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Placements
The placement cell of St. Joseph’s College of Commerce offers placements and internship support to students on and off-campus. In addition to this, it actively organizes pre-placement training sessions such as career guidance, recruitment training, mock interviews, mock aptitude tests, etc. Many candidates got placed on campus with the help of this placement cell and the efforts of the college to bring the best recruiters.
|Deloitte||Audit and Assurance||25||14|
|EY Global||Tax & Assurance||56||24|
|EY India||Tax & Assurance||14||07|
|KPMG India||Tax, GRCS &AAS||7||1|
|KPMG Global Services||KRC Audit||52||15|
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Facilities
Given below are some of the facilities offered by the college:
- Library: It is well-stocked with over 30,000 titles, 50 national and international journals. The books are available for both students as well as faculty members. The library also has access to online catalogs such as Delnet, N-List, Capitaline, and digital library.
- Classrooms: The college has state-of-the-art classrooms with smart boards and projectors. It fosters the need to integrate education with the latest technology.
- Cafeteria: The college canteen provides an array of options for the students to choose from. It offers food at nominal rates.
- Wi-Fi: The campus is fully equipped with a Wi-Fi network that facilitates students to access resources available on the internet.
About St. Joseph’s College of Commerce
St. Joseph's College of Commerce was established as an independent college in 1972. It became an autonomous institution in October 2004. St. Joseph’s College of Commerce was recognized as a “College with Potential for Excellence” in February 2010 by UGC.
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Faculty
Listed below are the faculty members of the college:
Rev. Dr. Daniel Fernandes, SJ
- Qualifications: B.A., B.Ph, M.A., B.Th, Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Management, Cultural Studies, Tribal Studies, Administration, Literature
- Awards: Kempegowda Award for contribution in education by BBMP, Bangalore
Dr. Nirmala Joseph
- Qualifications: B.Com, M.Com, M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Capital Markets, Hedge Funds, Initial Public Offering, and Mergers and Acquisitions
Ms. Sneha S. Rai
- Qualifications: M.Sc, PGDCA, MBA
- Areas of Interest: Statistics, Operations Research, Quantitative Techniques, Mathematics
Ms. Veenu Joy
- Qualifications: B.Com, M.Com, and M.Phil
- Contributions: Editor of Commerce Dept. Newsletter, Managed Industry-Academia Interface, Guided dissertations/projects
Dr. Shubhra Rahul
- Qualifications: B.Com, M.Com, MBA, and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published 2 books in the field of management, presented more than 5 research papers and attended seminars at national and international levels.
Know more: St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Faculty