Heramba Chandra College, popularly known as South City Day College is situated in Golpark and is one of the leading colleges in South Calcutta. The college is a private institute affiliated to the University of Calcutta and is rated B+ from NAAC.
Established in 1961, HCC offers 10 courses under 4 specializations at UG level. Admissions are merit based. Some of the top placement recruiters are Yes bank, Wipro, HDFC bank, LIC, ICICI bank, etc. Maximum package offered till date is INR 15 LPA.
Heramba Chandra College, Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1961 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Calcutta|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, HDFC bank, LIC, ICICI bank|
|Facilities Available||Library, Computer learning, College canteen, Student’s common room, Cheap store, etc.|
|Official Website||HCC Kolkata|
Heramba Chandra College, Kolkata Courses
The college offers a total of 10 undergraduate courses under arts, commerce and science backgrounds.
|B.Com||General||Passed 10+2 examinations or equivalent||Merit based|
|B.Com (Hons)||Accounting and Finance|
In addition, Mathematics and Statistics are offered as subject combinations for BA/ B.Sc Honors courses.
Read more: HCC Courses & Fees
Heramba Chandra College, Kolkata Admissions
The college offers UG courses in commerce, science, and arts stream. Applications are made through the stated online portal only. Selection at Heramba Chandra College is totally merit based. Seats are also allotted as per the reservation policy.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official college website.
- Fill the form with required details and submit online itself.
- Upload the marksheets and other required documents.
- Upload certificates for SC/ST/OBC (if applicable).
- Pay the application fees.
- For more than one course apply separately.
- After successful application, a mail will come for further process.
Read more: HCC Admissions
Heramba Chandra College Results
Heramba Chandra College uploads the result on its official website. Students who appeared in the exam can check their exam results by visiting the official website of the college. The university follows the annual examination system. The result will open in pdf form. Candidates can download it for their future use.
How to check HCC, Kolkata Results?
Following are the steps to check the result:
- Visit the official website of college
- On the left side of college webpage, you will find a table
- Click on the College Notice Section.
- Check the link provided for the result you want to check.
- Download the result for future reference.
Read more: HCC Result
Heramba Chandra College, Kolkata Placements
A placement committee is there which is managed by the faculties and some students of final year from various departments. The committee takes care of inviting the companies for the placement drive. Interested candidates need to submit their resumes to the placement committee and keep on updating it. The college also provides required training and organizes various programmes for making the students ready for the upcoming challenges.
- ICICI Bank
- ICICI Prudential
Following is the graph to show the minimum, medium and highest package offered to the students in the past 3 years taking all the companies in consideration.
Read more: HCC Placements
Heramba Chandra College, Kolkata Scholarships
Following are the Stipends/scholars/govt. schemes provided by the college to the student:
- Swami vivekananda merit-cum-means scholarship scheme
- Merit-cum-means scholarship scheme for minority students
- State govt.sponsored scholarship scheme for minority students
- Indusind foundation scholarship
- Hdfc scholarship
- UGC scholarships
- Scholarships for indian students
Read More: HCC Scholarships
Heramba Chandra College, Kolkata Facilities
- Library: The college has two separate libraries, central library and seminar library which are equipped with more than 26,000 books. It is designed to meet the demands of the honours students.
- Computer Learning: The College has its own Computer Centre which provides computer training programs for the willing students of all departments. Even the teachers and non-teaching staff of the college can avail basic computer training.
- Canteen: The college has a spacious canteen. There is also a favourite zone for the students for breaks and leisure time where Teachers, non-teaching staff and obviously students enjoy the facilities of the canteen. It provides healthy food at reasonable prices.
- Students' Common Room: There are two common rooms, one for the boys and the other for the girls which provide indoor games facilities also.\
- Cheap Bookstore: The college has a cheap books store that meets the needs of the students.
Other Facilities include Cafeteria, Sports Complex, Auditorium, Medical facility, etc.
Read More: HCC Facilities
Heramba Chandra College, Kolkata Faculty
The college is bestowed with all the dedicated teaching staff who not only impart academic knowledge but also take care of overall development of the students.
- Principal: Dr. Nabanita Chakrabarti
- Head and Assistant Professor: 4
- Professor: 6
Read more: HCC Faculty
Heramba Chandra College, Kolkata FAQs
Ques. What is the placement record of HCC, Kolkata?
Ans. High profile companies like Wipro, TCS, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, etc., are the part of regular placement drive. Every year around 100 students get selected. Average package offered is around INR 1.5 LPA - 2 LPA. Highest package offered till date is of around INR 15 LPA.
Ques. Which one of them is better for a BCom honours, Seth Anandram Jaipuria College or Heramba Chandra College?
Ans. Heramba Chandra College is better than Seth Annandam Jaipuria College, in aspects. Some of the pros of Heramba Chandra College are Best Faculty, Good Return on investment, Various Clubs and associations to excel yourself beyond the books, Less political influence, Best in class library with online access, Good ambience, High speed wifi access, Workshops and seminars organised regularly and many more.
Ques. What is the minimum percentage in BA(Hon), BCom, BCom(Hon) for SC/ST and OBC?
Ans. Below mentioned are the details:
- The minimum percentage in BA(hon) for SC/ST is 40% and OBC is 45%.
- For BCom the minimum percentage for SC/ST is 37% and OBC is 43 %.
- For BCom(Hon) the minimum percentage for SC/ST is 52 % and OBC is 63%.
- For BA(hon) in English the minimum percentage for SC/ST is 50 % and For OBC is 58%.
Ques. What are the courses offered at Heramba Chandra College? How many seats are available for B.Sc(Hons)?
Ans. The courses are BA(Hon) in Bengali, English, Political Science, Education, History, BCom(General), BCom(Hon) in Accountancy, B.Sc (Hon) in Economics, Geography. There are 74 seats in B.Sc(Hons.) 49 in Economics and 25 in Geography.
Ques. Is the college active in other co-curricular activities?
Ans. Yes, every now and then, college conducts sports events like football, cricket, badminton, etc. Also it organizes seminars, cultural events, functions, on the occasions very often.
Ques. Does Heramba Chandra College accept state/national level exam scores for admission?
Ques. Does Heramba Chandra College conduct counselling process for admission?
Ques. When does the Heramba Chandra College application process start?
Ques. Does Heramba Chandra College provide Hostel facility?
Ques. What is the placement record of HCC, Kolkata?
Ques. What are the courses offered at Heramba Chandra College?
Ques. Does Heramba Chandra College provide scholarship to its students?
Ques. Is there any relaxation for SC/ST category students in HCC Kolkata admission process?