Established in 1977, S. P. Mandali’s Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, also known as WeSchool is a part of the prestigious S. P. Mandali, Pune. Keeping design and innovation its’ core, the institute endeavors to provide newer avenues to students towards achieving excellence in all spheres of life and nurture them to become Global Citizen Leaders. It is the sixth educational institute from Mumbai to appear as 68th among the top 100 Best Management Institutes in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) list of 2020. Besides being been ranked among the top Private B-Schools, India by NHRDN (National HRD Network) B-School Ranking; it has also been ranked among the top 100 B-Schools as per the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) conducted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
The B-School constantly endeavors to create an eco-system for management education best suited to meet the needs of growing professionals. Pioneering a customized approach in management education, WeSchool is shaping corporate managers with insights in modern-day retail, healthcare, e-commerce, BFSI, media through full-time Two year PGDM programs in Business Analytics and Research, Business Design, E-Commerce, Media and Entertainment, Rural, Retail and Healthcare Management. It also offers MMS (Master in Management Studies), a 2-year full-time Master’s Degree course offering specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, and Operations.
WeSchool Mumbai and Bangalore Campus Important Dates
|Start of the Application||January 4, 2021|
|End of the Application (applying through CAT and XAT)||February 14, 2021|
|End of the Application (applying through ATMA/CMAT)||March 1, 2021|
|GDPI Shortlist||February/March, 2021|
|GDPI (Tentative)||March, 2021|
|Final Merit Status||April 2021|
WeSchool Mumbai Highlights
|Founded In | Institute Type||1977 | Private|
|Affiliated University||University of Mumbai|
|Approved By||AICTE, NBA, and MHRD|
|Entrance Exam||National: CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ ATMA|
|How to Reach||3 Km away from Matunga Railway Station 14.3 km away from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport|
WeSchool Mumbai Ranking
- WeSchool achievements in the academic year 2018-2019 reflect the energy, innovation, and passion of the WE team on campus.
- WeSchool was awarded the special jury mention for excellence in employability through industry engagement at the 6th FICCI Higher Education Excellence Award 2019, Delhi.
- WeSchool recognized as the 'Best Performing Institution Innovation Council of West Zone' (WRO) by the Ministry of Human Resources Development - Innovation Cell (MIC) in coordination with AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
- WeSchool has been ranked 11th among the top Private B-Schools India category, India by NHRDN (National HRD Network) B-School Ranking 2018-2019.
- WeSchool has won AICTE-CII IndPact Award for Best Industry-Linked Institute at Education Summit celebrating industry-academia collaborations, New Delhi. The award is an outcome of the AICTE-CII Survey of Industry-linked Technical Institutes 2019 from 9,000 institutes. Only 3000 Institutes were shortlisted after a short survey among which 10 institutes won the award. WeSchool, Mumbai in the Management Institute Category, was among the winning institutes.
- WeSchool won the ‘Special Mention by Jury’ award for its' contribution to management education and best student category at the 40th Bombay Management Association (BMA) Academic Awards 2019.
- WeSchool has also been acknowledged as the ‘Champion of Rural Markets 2018’ for advocating rural growth through Management Education, at the 6th Annual Economic Times, Rural Strategy Summit, Delhi.
Know More: Top part-time MBA/PGDM colleges in India
WeSchool Mumbai Courses
WeSchool offers two years of full-time AICTE approved PGDM programs. The pedagogy includes lectures, on-field industrial projects, simulation games promoting cross-functional leadership which is delivered by industry experts from leading companies. WeSchool benchmarks its syllabus as against top International and Indian Business Schools. A brief about the same is tabulated below:
|PGDM Program Name||Eligibility||Mumbai Campus Intake||Bengaluru Campus Intake|
|Post Graduate Program in Management (PGDM)||
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management E-Business (PGDM E-Business)||60||120|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Design (PGDM – Business Design)||60||30|
|PGDM Research and Business Analytics||60||-|
|PGDM Healthcare Management||60||-|
|PGDM Media and Entertainment||60||-|
|PGDM Retail Management||60||-|
|PGDM Rural Management||60||-|
WeSchool PGDM Program Tuition Fee
The program fees for the flagship PGDM program and other expenses at WeSchool are lower than many top MBA colleges. The PGDM program fee is as below:
|Fee Component||Mumbai Campus Fee INR (Subject to Revision)||Bengaluru Campus Fee INR (Subject to Revision)|
|Tuition Fee (2 Years)||11,00,000||11,00,000|
|Library Deposit||4,000 (Refundable)||4,000 (Refundable)|
|Hostel Fee||90,000 to 1,50,000 (As per Accommodation) for two years (hostel is based on availability)||Rs 1,49,100 for two years (hostel is mandatory)|
|Deposit||5,000 (Refundable)||5,000 (Refundable)|
How to Apply for Admission at WeSchool Mumbai
Applying to Welingkar’s 2 Year Full-Time PGDM Programs is an easy and systematic process. Application for PGDM Admission at Welingkar Mumbai can be submitted online. The application process is given below:
- Log on to the WeSchool website
- Register and Create an account
- Verify your registered email id.
- Purchase the application form for INR 2500 online.
- Once you pay the application form fee, the Application Form number is sent to you on your registered email id.
- Save the form number and mention your form number in all your future communications with the institute.
- Watch for the Last Date to Apply – January 31, 2021
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following exams followed by Personal Interview:
|Course||Entrance Test||Read more|
|GMAT 2018 onwards||Click here|
Check: WeSchool Mumbai Admission
WeSchool Admission Cut Off
WeSchool, Mumbai General Merit list Percentile Cut Off based on the Shortlisting Criteria for GDPI:
|All Programs||Cut Off|
|ATMA 2021 (Feb)||80|
|PGDM HCM||70 across all tests|
Note: For PGDM HCM, education background like (Pharma, AYUSH and specific sciences microbiology), etc. or relevant work experience in the healthcare field, will be called for GDPI, if they have marked Healthcare as a preference.
Check: WeSchool Mumbai Cut Off
WeSchool Mumbai Placements
The placements at WeSchool had an excellent response from companies, not only in terms of the number of job profiles but also the diversity in roles and attractive packages. The placements at WeSchool had an excellent response from companies, not only in terms of the number of job profiles but also the diversity in roles and attractive packages. A total of 291 companies visited the campus of which 50 were new companies. The highest package was recorded at INR 19.75 LPA and the average package was recorded at INR 9.32 LPA. Some of the placement highlights are as follows:
Program wise Packages for PGDM Programs
|Batch year 2018-20|
|Program||Average CTC||Highest CTC||Highest International Salary|
|PGDM Research & Business Analytics||9.17||15||21.29|
|PGDM Media & Entertainment||8.43||18||-|
|PGDM Rural Management||8.5||19.25||-|
|PGDM Retail Management||9.17||15.45||-|
WeSchool Mumbai Faculty
A brief about the core faculty members of the institute are as follows:
|Prof. Dr. Uday Salunkhe||Group Director|
|Prof. Dr. Pradeep H. Pendse||Dean Academics (Part-Time Masters Programs) & Chief Technology Officer|
|Prof. Dr. S. T. Gondhalekar||Dean-Operations & Entrepreneurship (OMB)|
|Prof. Smeeta Bhatkal||Dean-BFSI|
|Prof. Vanita Patel||Dean-Finance|
|Prof. Dr. Swapna Atul Pradhan||Dean Academics( Full Time Programs )|
Check: WeSchool Mumbai Faculty
WeSchool Mumbai FAQs
Ques. Does the institute provide accommodation facilities?
Ans. Yes, WeSchool offers separate hostels for boys and girls are available within 2 km from the college. The hostel has 24*7 internet connectivity. Admissions are on a first come first serve basis and first preference is given to non-localities. For more information, click here
Ques. What is the address of WeSchool Bangalore Campus?
Ans. The address of WeSchool Bangalore Campus is listed below:
102/103, Electronic City Phase 1,
Next to Telephone Exchange,
Hosur Road, Bengaluru-560100
Ques. What are the facilities provided by the institute?
Ans.The Mumbai campus sports state of the art facilities like complete Wi-Fi and Innovation & Leadership Labs that form an indispensable part of teaching methodology, along with numerous other new-age learning tools. Listed below are the details for same:
- Conference Room
- Innovation Lab
- Maker’s Lab
- Corporate Library
- Agri Lab
- Management Development Program Classroom
- Nirvana Hall for Yoga
Ques. What is the faculty base of Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research?
Ques. How is the alumni network of Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research?
Ques. What are the fees for the 2-year full-time PGDM programme at Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research?
Ques. How is the placement at Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research?
Ques. How to contact Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research for queries related to the full-time PGDM programme?
Ques. What are the courses offered at Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research?
Ques. What is the intake capacity for respective courses at Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research?
Ques. What if a candidate wants batch transfer at Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research?