ISI offers B.Stat and B. Math programs at undergraduate levels. The duration of these programs is 3 years. At Postgraduate levels ISI, Kolkata offers M.Stat, M. Math, M.Tech and MS courses in multiple specializations. Duration of these programs is 2 years. Interested candidates can check the detailed eligibility and conducted centre in the table given below:
|B.Stat (Hons) (3 Years)
||10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects.
|B.Math (Hons) (3 Years)
|M.Stat (2 Years)
||Three-year Bachelor’s degree or a BE/B Tech degree with Statistics as a subject.
B.Math degree from ISI. Or Post-Graduate Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics from ISI.
|M.Math (2 Years)
||Three year Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
BE/B Tech Degree with Mathematics as a subject. Or B.Stat degree from ISI.
|MS (QE) (2 Years)
||Bachelor’s degree (of at least 3-year duration) in any discipline.
Passed the 12th standard examination with Mathematics as a subject.
|Delhi & Kolkata
|MS (QMS) (2 Years)
||Three-year Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject.
BE/ B Tech degree in any discipline
|Bengaluru – Hyderabad
|M.Tech(CS) (2 Years)
||Master’s degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Electronic Science/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology.
BE/ B Tech degree or any other qualification considered equivalent (such as AMIE or, GRAD-IETE or, DOEACC ’B’ Level)
|M.Tech (Cryptology and Security)
|M.Tech (Quality, Reliability & Operations Research)
||Master’s Degree in Statistics with Physics and Chemistry at the (10+2) level.
Master’s Degree in Mathematics with Statistics as a subject at undergraduate or postgraduate level, and Physics and Chemistry at the (10+2) level. or BE/B Tech degree or any other qualification considered equivalent (such as AMIE).
Admission will be based on the merit of 2 written test conducted by the institution. Written test comprises of MCQs and descriptive type questions based on Mathematics of 10+2 level. As per the performance in the written tests, selected candidates will be called for interviews.
M.Stat/ M. Math
- Students with B.Stat (Hons) degree from ISI are offered direct admission to this programme without any selection test or interview.
- For other candidates, ISI conducts an entrance exam to assess the applicant. The entrance exam is conducted in the following two parts:
- Part 1:This part consists of MCQ type questions in Statistics and Mathematics.
- Part 2: This paper consists of Short-answer type questions in Statistics and Mathematics.
Note: The questions conducted in examination is of Graduate level.
MS Quantitative Economics
Selection of candidates to this programme will be based on performance in written tests and subsequent interview. The written admission tests will comprise multiple-choice in both Economics and Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
MS in Quality Management Science
Applicants will be selected on the basis of written tests and subsequent interview. The written admission tests will comprise of multiple-choice and/or descriptive questions in Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
- ISI has a provision for sponsorship by government, semi-government, public sector undertakings, autonomous institutions and commercial/ industrial organizations.
- Candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria can apply for admission.
- A candidate would be considered sponsored only if the employer gives him/her leave and full salary for the entire duration of the programme.
- Sponsored candidates will not receive any stipend and their sponsors will have to pay a tuition fee of Rs. 20,000/- per year.
Note: A candidate would be considered sponsored only if he/she is granted leave and full salary by the employer for the entire duration of the 19 Admission 2018-19 programme. Sponsored candidates will not receive any stipend and their sponsors will have to pay a tuition fee of Rs 20,000/- per year.
Master of Science in Library and Information Science:
Selection of candidates will be based on performance in written tests and subsequent interview.
M.Tech Computer Science
Selection to this program is also based on written test and interview conducted by Indian Statistical Institute.
The written Admission test typically consist of two parts:
- Multiple-choice test in Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
- Descriptive test comprising the following:
Group A: A test for all candidates in Mathematics at the undergraduate level and in logical reasoning.
Group B: A test, divided into five sections carrying equal marks in Mathematics, Statistics and Physics at the postgraduate level and in Computer Science, Engineering and Technology at the B Tech level.
Note: Candidates having a valid score in GATE (in required Subject) are exempted from written test. These candidates will be called directly for the interview as per the score in GATE.