Government College of Education was established in the year 1954 and is located in Chandigarh. It is affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Government College of Education offers the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) course and the Master of Education (M.Ed.) course to the candidates.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in Science / Social Sciences / Humanities / Commerce / Home Science or are holders of a B.B.A. / B.C.A. / B.E. / B.Tech. Degree, with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% marks are eligible to apply for the B.Ed. course.
- Candidates applying to the B.Ed. course are also required to have obtained minimum 50% marks in their Bachelor’s degree and 55% marks in their Master’s degree (if applicable), to be considered as eligible to apply.
- Admission to the B.Ed. course will be given on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who hold B.Ed. degree or any equivalent degree, from a recognized university, having obtained minimum 50% marks in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for the M.Ed. course.
- Candidates with BA B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed., B.El.Ed. and D.El.Ed. are also eligible to apply for admission in M.Ed. course.
- Seats to the M.Ed. course will be allotted on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
Highlight Table of Government College of Education
|Name of the University||Government College of Education|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit based|