Jagiroad College Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Jagiroad College, Marigaon, Assam, was established in the year of 1979. This Private College holds its affiliation with Guwahati University. The college offers various UG and PG courses in B. A, BSc, B. Com & Master of Tourism Management, falling under the Arts, Science, Commerce and Management. Furthermore, the College offers various diploma courses in UG and PG Programs as well.
The college was awarded with 112/124 rank by India Today in 2019. The admissions are strictly based on merit for both UG and PG Programs.
Jagiroad College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1979 | Private|
|Courses Offered||7 courses across 4 streams|
|Campus Area||25 Bighas (Traditional measure)|
Jagiroad College Courses
The college offers various Graduate and PG Courses in B. A, BSc, B. Com & Master of Tourism Management, falling under many aegis. Various UG, PG, and diploma courses offered by the college is given below:
- Subjects: English, Assamese, Economics, Political Science, Education, Geography, History, and Bengali
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+ 2 from a recognised board or institution
- Subjects: Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Zoology, Biology, Biotechnology, Botany, Computer Applications and Computer Science.
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 with PCMB as compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination from a recognised board or institution
|B. Com |
- Subject: Accounting & Management
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum average of 45% with Book Keeping and Accounts as a subject in qualifying examinations from a recognised board or institution
- Subject: Tourism Management
- Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: UG with a minimum average of 40% from a recognised board or institution
- Subject: Retail Management and Entertainment (Acting)
- Duration: 1 Year
- Eligibility: 10+3 from a recognised board or institution
- Subject: Computer Application
- Duration: 1 Year
- Eligibility: UG with a minimum average of 50% in B.SC from a recognised institution
Read More Jagiroad College Marigaon Courses
Jagiroad College Admission
Admission to this college is based purely on merit. The right to admission rests completely in the hands-on the college and students must have obtained at least 50% marks in their qualifying examinations to be eligible for admission here.
Students applying to the M.T.M Program will have to go through an Interview and Written Test. Furthermore, students applying to computer science courses will have to clear the interview round of the selection procedure to secure admission. Applications to this college are accepted in online mode only. To apply to this college, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the college website by clicking here
- Once you open the website, you will be able to see the tab on the right-side corner “Online Admission”. Click on it.
- Once you click on this tab, you will be redirected to a new page.
- On this page, you will be able to see a flashing tab in Red and Text in Green to the right-side corner of the web page which says “Apply Online”.
- Click on it.
- If you are a new candidate, you will need to register first with valid Number and Mail.
- After registering, you can fill in the application form as instructed and upload the relevant documents.
- Candidates will have to pay an online application fee of Rs 250/- through the given modes of payment.
- Cross check all info and click on submit.
- Merit list will be released towards the admission.
Read More Jagiroad College Admission
Jagiroad College Facilities
The college offers a wide variety of facility to its students as given below
- Hostel Facility- The college provides hostel facilities for its students. There is a mess facility inside it.
- Medical Facilities- The college offers several up-to-date and modern medical facilities for its students in case of emergency situations.
- Library- The college has a library where students can gain access to all sought books and journals for reference purposes and curricular studies.
- Canteen- The college offers a canteen facility for their students where students can spend some time after a long day and have their meals at an affordable price.
- Auditorium- The college has an auditorium where the cultural events, debates, seminars and conferences take place.
Read More: Jagiroad College Marigaon Hostel
Jagiroad College FAQS
Ques. What are the important documents required for the admission process?
The important documents are:
- Passport Size Photograph - Size: 20-25 KB
- Digital Signature – Size: 10-20 KB
- 12th Marksheet - Size: 1 MB
- Caste Certificate- Size Less than 1 MB (Only if applicable)
Ques. Is there any entrance exam?
Ans. No, there is no entrance exam. Candidates are selected only based on merit and the reservation policy mandated by MHRD.
Ques. Does the college have student clubs?
Ans. Yes, the college has many student clubs and associations for coordinating many activities.
Ques. Are there separate hostels for boys and girls? What are the charges?
Ans. Yes, there are separate hostels for boys and girls – One for boys and two for girls. Students have to pay Rs 6500/- annually towards the accommodation.
Ques. Will securing admission in the college guarantee hostel accommodation?
Ans. No, securing admission in the college will not guarantee hostel accommodation since it is a first come-first served basis.